FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The evolution of the Infinite Dreams

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - January 28, 2019, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

Several weeks after the introduction of the Infinite Dreams in DOFUS, the functionality evolves.

As of tomorrow, January 29, the Infinite Dreams will be updated to implement some changes that will have an impact on your progression.

To put it simply, we were not happy with the way the monsters were evolving: they were gaining power and health but, players with a particular strategy based on playing from range and avoiding being hit, it was abnormally “easy” to go through the levels.

As a result of this problem, the monsters will evolve differently:

• Monsters in the Infinite Dreams will no longer have double the amount of characteristic points (when compared to their classic version in the World of Twelve). As such, they will deal less damage after the update.
  • On the other hand, they will gain more Movement Points and have more Range depending on the level; a bug prevented the monsters from evolving properly.
  • The prices of the purchasable bonuses were inadequate, and a significant number of players had the resources to buy everything, without having a choice to make. The cost of bonuses will increase so that each purchase decision is the fruit of a strategy.

Other minor bugs will be fixed also during this update; all the details will be in the changelog.

What will happen to the ladder?

As the conditions of the Infinite Dreams change, we cannot keep the current ladder.

This existing one will be “frozen” during the update; it will always be retrievable, but it will not evolve anymore.

A new ladder, based on the new rules, will be put online after the January 29 update.

It would have been unfair to allow the level currently reached by the best players on the ladder to go unchallenged.

Very importantly, your current progression is preserved, but the conditions for your next Infinite Dreams fight will change. You won’t start from scratch.

In this kind of situation, no miracle fix that could please everyone.

These changes are, in our opinion, the right balance between giving a chance to those who want to evolve, and a way to avoid frustrating the players who have already invested.

Additionally, it also means that the price of Dream Reflections will increase.

We remain attentive to your feedback.

Reactions 24
Score : 216
To put it simply, we were not happy with the way the monsters were evolving: they were gaining power and health but, players with a particular strategy based on playing from range and avoiding being hit, it was abnormally “easy” to go through the levels.

Really? Crâs have it easy in Pvm? Is this some new science you pulled out there?

I'm shaking from laughter right now... good stuff xD
7 0
Score : 551

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nice troll

1 0
Score : 3384

just nerf Cras!

It's been like this with them cheesing mechanics since 1.29 came out with their massive overhaul buff.

Characteristics change to ease their stats has only made it more pronounced.

2 0
Score : 216

It's not like they've promised to nerf it years ago:

source: https://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/209/feature/3992/Dofus-Dofus-20-Interview.html

XD
1 -1

"players with a particular strategy based on playing from range and avoiding being hit" - I'm sorry but what did you expect after adding such a strong and hereditary erosion?
also whole InfiDream is a conntent for multi accounters.. only they can affort to do it enough easily to get milions of fragments needed in crafting, but still its mean many many hours spent on GRIND.
Srsly.. since Draconiros event u are forcing us to GRINDING,  where player nowadays looking for more casual solutions. you have already dug a hole in the cemetery. Keep it that way, and you will certainly bury your child -DOFUS- in it.

time to woke up, it is 2k19, not 2k5 anymore!

1 0
Score : 29

Yup problem isnt the cras but the erosion system, with it the situation of not getting hit wont change t all lmao over the past couple of months ankama always realizes the flaws but 100% of the time takes the wrong direction. It cant be so hard to develope a functioning game omg

2 0
Score : 140

The stuff will cost more? Is this a joke? Multi accounters dosnt mater less or more, what about solo players? Going to be so hard to farm..

1 0
Score : 204

Solo players are not meant to be. We're a rare breed Ankama has been doing their best to get rid of for years now.

0 0
Score : -213

This is pretty much the worst move they could make. RIP 4 cra teams so sad. Really a better idea is reduce erosion to 1% but it accumulates still. And higher hp boosts to players.

0 -4
Score : 340

Shame on you Ankama, you clearly hate solo players and like to get rid of your player base bit by bit. It seemed like you were going into the right direction with Infinite Dreams, but this makes everything worse. I am still waiting for years to make a proper come back as solo player or utmost 2 accounts. You should make the mobs decrease to 1 enemy if one player 2 enemy if 2 player etc. or introduce multi account playing on one account. I am honestly sad with these developments, praying to comeback sometime.

0 0
Score : 478

Thank you for making the infinite dreams ladder,smile.Hopefully players will be able to play it well,smile.

0 0
Score : 86

Cepha|2019-01-28 23:52:09
Solo players are not meant to be. We're a rare breed Ankama has been doing their best to get rid of for years now.

look at the single account server pls
0 0
Score : 204

A bandaid on a broken leg? Or is it just a way to have a generic answer to every solo player complaining about how abusing multi-account teams screw things up for the rest of the players and therefore having nothing to bother about for Ankama ? "Park them all in one place so we don't have to bother with them."...
Solo account servers took about 13-14 years to see the day? Not everyone wanna start a new char on those.
Look at features like team search and how they've been removed. I was using it a lot, helping people going through frig II for free. Ankama could have left it untouched even though it wasn't satisfying for them but no, they removed it plain and simple.
I know it's impossible for them to balance their game, but they've clearly made their choice: "going the way of multiaccounts as it's the players that give them the more cash".

1 0
Score : 397

I'd move there in a heartbeat if I were allowed to do so.

0 0
Score : 1

So, you say you reduced it so they didn't hit as much? White Scaraleaf casts Scarastrength.
Husbando: -1241 HP. I don't remember white scara's hitting that much, and having 7mp, i'm only on floor 259 and it's now ridiculous, the amount of erosion people will suffer due to the higher mp and range of monsters now that seem to be hitting roughly the same as before is stupendous, I can't believe that anyone in Ankama thought this was a good idea, you have the odd few french people being able to do 600+ easy so you make it harder for everyone else, it's so unbalanced and you really don't think about anyone else when you make the updates, you've made the only fun thing about pvm not fun anymore, well done Ankama, well done.

0 0

Why not just remove stacking erosion ? That's a hard nerf to classes that are already behind : Tanks, Melee DSP, Healer, protectors...
Good job increasing the mp's btw.

0 0
Score : 51

I used not to cry about bugs, mistakes and cool 'features' but i feel like it's the right time. Why did you (Ankama is the recipient of this message) even release 2.49? Beta wasnt even tested by you, fight was crashing the game when ebony was at 5 stacks, so you didnt even check if it works. Current version is still full of 'features', for example in patch 2.49.2 you say 'When a character accepts a Kolossium fight from within the Infinite Dreams, the erosion suffered in Infinite Dreams is no longer kept in Kolossium fight.' but you didn't fix it for normal fights? What about redistribution in infinite dreams, its possible to have two same bosses (https://imgur.com/a/qwztphs)? You don't even know how some things in the game work if you lead things to the point where people were crafting dream reflections infinitely because of % save bonus. No one thought of this while programming it that it will be possible to craft a bag of 1000 dream reflections and then use it to get 1000 dream reflections back and save bonus will work there? Are you so money hungry that you don't hire any game testers? New runes aren't enabled yet and you wanted players to come to beta and test it and give you feedback without even saying how they work? And you made an event in which the reward was a ceremonial pet, and what happened (atleast in en community)? People posted pictures of items with pods maged XDDDDDDDDDDD. You want players to play something different than range teams(hold on not just ranged teams but mostly cras because they are unbalanced and op?) in infinite dreams but you make it impossible because of ridiculous damage of monsters and group erosion. What is the point of update and new items if only small percentage of players are able to get it? It already requires a lot of work to be able to buy the fragment for item (for most of them six out of six achivement is required) and its required to reach quite high floor to find for example Ganymede's Diadem which cost 11,2 millions of dream reflections. As for now the price on Echo is around 15 kamas per dream reflection and you want to increase that price even more by making it harder to get them? How is a single account player even able to get that amount of dream reflections? Of course it's always possible to buy them from someone which would be already 168mk at the rate of 15 kamas/piece. But who would spend that much on one item? And you want it to increase? I already made(and sold) some of the items on echo and almost everyone was surprised by how much they would need to pay when i told them the price. So you basically want playeers to become superior so they could survive 5 wave room where monsters spawns every 3 turns with tens of thousands hp but at the same time you don't want players to be too strong? And of course avoid taking damage so we won't increase the erosion taken at the same time because there might be something 'intresting' waiting for us in the next room. Did you finally see that cra is too strong? If yes then good job, but your solution is bad if you think it will stop people from playing cras.

1 0

lol forget Infinite Dreams , you guys didn't even bother to fix the new runes lol like how lazy u can be srsly

0 0

AFTER ALL.. JUST 1 QUESTION WTF?
"[19:03] During an update, you accidentally dropped your Full Soul Stones.
[19:03] In 1 of these stones, cracks are visible... Conclusion: 1 soul(s) freed."

im glad that was only 1...

p.s*
that was normal soul from ochre quest line..

0 0

"u had 1 job to do!" - change infinity dreams, and u screwed up ochre quest..
I'm just impressed with how you did it ...

p.S* this step should be done.. i had all needed souls in bag
0 0
Score : 546

well thats a nice change!
instead of exclusively cras clearing fights in 6 turns it will be exclusively sadi/enu clearing fights in 9 turns

0 0
Score : -213

Yeah now elio/eca or sadi/enu for dreams.
Cra is not overpowered,
(Where on amakna are people getting this idea???) especially in dreams where some mobs/bosses have infinite range! (I'm looking at you soft oak)
Please make it easier to get the dream reflections. And yes solo dreams boss only needs to be a thing and some mobs/bosses should be modified in dreams dungeon....

0 -4
Score : 166

So doing this a bit with my friends tonight, we LOVE that the dmg has been lowered, we actually feel like we could make it through with our team as it is over having to level afew cra's/enu's on each account. Though we do still feel the erosion is abit tough still. Livable, but quite challenging as well.

0 0
Respond to this thread