By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Discontinued mobile payment options for some countries

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - April 05, 2019, 11:00:00
AnkaTracker

Hello, everyone!

We are sorry to announce that as of next Monday, April 8, some Valued Added Services (VAS) mobile payment options will be discontinued for the following countries.

• Australia
  • Hungary
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Austria
  • Ireland
  • Serbia
  • Bulgaria
  • Jordan
  • Singapore
  • Croatia
  • Latvia
  • Slovakia
  • Cyprus
  • Lithuania
  • Slovenia
  • Czech Republic
  • Luxembourg
  • South Africa
  • Denmark
  • New Zealand
  • Sweden
  • Estonia
  • Poland
  • Thailand
  • Finland
  • Romania
  • United Kingdom
  • Hong-Kong
  • Russia

This means that DOFUS related payments will no longer be possible via:

• SMS
  • Direct carrier billing
  • IVR (Interactive Voice Response)

For alternative payment options, please find below other payment methods available to each of the countries listed above:

* This payment option is not available for Ogrine purchases

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this change might cause. If you have any questions, let us know!
First Ankama intervention

The services affected have quite high costs to maintain, while the number of those using those services has declined during the past years. There are only very few still using them but the costs are still the same. It is not economical anymore for us to keep those services up.

We hope you can understand our decision.

See message in context
Reactions 7
Score : 1266

What if I use a phone box?

0 0
Score : 3326

I am sure the Time Lords will decommission your TARDIS and ask you to please return to this millennia.

1 0
Score : 3258

Why did you make this change?

0 0
Score : 5760

Their contract with the payment provider probably expired, and at least one party did not wish to renew. It could also be that the provider is shutting down, or that the terms of the contract weren't giving the best benefits for the cost...

Or the payment provider got sick of all of the fraudulent transactions, like PayPal did. It sounds like this was the SMS, audio code, and prepaid phone balance method for Europe, East Asia, and Oceania? I'm sure that's easy to trick in 2019.

1 0

The services affected have quite high costs to maintain, while the number of those using those services has declined during the past years. There are only very few still using them but the costs are still the same. It is not economical anymore for us to keep those services up.

We hope you can understand our decision.

Score : 3258

I understand, thank you writing back. I personally used them a lot from 2006-2009, but once Ogrines came out I don't believe I have. Probably the case for many users.

0 0
Score : 1

I was mostly Using it as it was my only 'VALID' Option to pay for Subscription now I have no other way of getting Subscriptions now sighs though I understand why you did this

0 0
Respond to this thread