By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Class Improvements: Osamodas and Sacriers

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - May 14, 2019, 20:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

A live stream on our Twitch channel just ended, covering details on the upcoming Sacrier and Osamodas class improvements. Here is a summary of the overall modifications that you will be able to test out as of this upcoming Thursday, May 16th. The Beta server will open sometime in the afternoon on that day. 

Osamodas

With their new summon charge mechanic, Osamodas will now need to use their Elemental Spells to be able to summon their creatures. The purpose of these changes is to get Osamodas to actively participate in combat alongside their summons, rather than having to depend on them. This is why Osamodas can now control all their class summons. These changes will be accompanied by a range of new elemental spells that should create more exciting variant choices and make the game turns less monotonous.

Advantages of the new Osamodas over the current one:

• Free control of all Osamodas summons.
  • A balance between elemental paths in terms of summons and spells.
    • One extra Air spell.
    • Two extra Earth spells.
    • Three extra Water spells.
    • Three extra Fire spells.
  • Better multi-elemental options.
  • All summons available from level 1.
  • Better performance in fights where summons are not an option.

Limitations of the new Osamodas compared to the current one:

• Number of summons limited by spells.
  • The death of a summon is more cumbersome.
  • Summoning a particular creature requires planning.
  • Annihilation of "summon spam" at low level (hard blow for the Osamodas player).
  • Re-learning the class will be needed.

Sacrier

To make the Suffering system more flexible and exciting, Suffering will directly depend on the Sacrier’s Vitality. Each Vitality tier will correspond to a Suffering level: for example, a Sacrier at 50% to 40% of its max Vitality will have its Suffering at level 6. The Suffering can no longer be negative, and ranges from 0 to 10, with each Suffering tier/level granting bonuses ( on final damage dealt and reduction of final damage suffered) of increasing importance.

Sacriers can no longer deal significant amounts of damage (nor reduce them) while having all their Vitality; instead, they will have to take risks and suffer damage to be able to benefit from these bonuses, which translates into a more accurate representation of the 'berserker' role Sacriers are supposed to perform. Sacriers’ Vitality becomes a resource in its own right, which sometimes will have to be used in order to obliterate enemies, and sometimes preserved, in order to survive or protect allies by tanking. Therefore, this new Suffering system allows Sacriers who willingly put themselves in harm’s way to be better rewarded, and a Sacrier at death’s door will be too big of a threat, impossible for its enemies to ignore.

For this reason, Sacriers will have more tools to manipulate their Vitality, whether with self-mutilating spells or healing/life-steal spells, which will allow them to manage their Suffering at the same time as their Vitality.

First Ankama intervention

Not today, I'm afraid...

We want to give you the best possible testing conditions to review and try out the Osamodas and Sacrier changes we discussed during the AnkamaLive, so we are giving ourselves a little more time to prepare the Beta server. We plan to have everything ready to open the Beta tomorrow afternoon, and we will get back to you tomorrow with more details. <3

Manaia

See message in context
Reactions 36
Score : 505

"All summons available from level 1."

Osa's start with more than 3 spells at level 1?

0 0
Score : 3285

How does the Sacrier Vitality thing work when there is erosion in play?

0 0
Score : 108

Love the idea for Sacrier. Hope its implemented well!

1 0
Score : 1627

Looks really promising especially for the Osa. Glad spam has been solved!

1 0
Score : 163

@Moded, sounds like it. Maybe they will categorize summons as something else, like a summons tab under spells.

@chaoman It depends on % health, so erosion will change that accordingly. With less max health, they will be at a higher %health at the same number, which will result in lower bonuses/powers.

0 0
Score : 111

Will Osa maintain the transformation look, and if not will we still gain the form bonus' or will those be integrated with the new spells each elemental tree is getting? (Let me whip myself Ankama).

0 0
Score : 111

Sorry for double post; Is this on beta?

0 0
Score : 4055

Re-learning the class will be needed.
I don't know if I'm happy or scared about this... XD

2 0
Score : 1125

You get used to it as an osa/sacrier player I suppose.

0 0
Score : 352

I was hoping for sacs to have their high health pool back because of this change. I was never a fan of the suffering system and it was extremely brain dead and it was extremely clunky when changing back from ranking to damaging. But this concept sounds promising on going back to making sacs a class about taking damage but in return they become more powerful and having a really high sustainability. this will hopefully encourage me to start playing again.

0 0
Score : 2143

Looks promising. I'm looking forward to test my osa on the beta ^^.

1 0
Score : 34

so well be able to test today? what time ? beta still hasnt got an update ready

0 0

Not today, I'm afraid...

We want to give you the best possible testing conditions to review and try out the Osamodas and Sacrier changes we discussed during the AnkamaLive, so we are giving ourselves a little more time to prepare the Beta server. We plan to have everything ready to open the Beta tomorrow afternoon, and we will get back to you tomorrow with more details. <3

Manaia

Score : 563

It sounds like Osa Transformation have been removed!! They seem unnecessary in this new system.

I really hope so, I would be instantly resubbing to Dofus the moment such a change went on the live servers.

EDIT: NOOOO. Just watched some of the french livestream. Didn't understand a thing but I saw the Osa transform into the FUGLY frog form.

Completely dissappointed. Not going to bother subbing accounts.

0 0

Here are some rough notes from the AnkamaLive stream.

Osamodas

Osa is at its strongest when it has many summons out, but not in the same way as before: the spam-based strategy is long gone. Spells have secondary effects that make use of summons. Think of it as an Osamodas’ mini army.

Charges
  • Characters will start a combat in a state – “summon charge state” (the official translation of this state hasn’t been released as yet, so bear in mind that it will most likely change once the update goes live).
  • To increase the charge state value, Osas will have to cast elemental spells (target required)
  • Can accumulate up to four charges.
  • Characters can charge in any of the four summon types (tofu, gobball, toad, wyrmling)
  • Once a character summons a creature, the counter is reset to zero.
  • The charge number will determine what level/kind is summoned. These charges are visible.
    • Lvl 1 summon – damage but low hp, shorter cooldown
    • Lvl 2 – lower damage, slight utility
    • Lvl 3 – generally utility role with high vitality
  • If four charges are accumulated, they are consumed, and the character is transformed and grants a bonus to its allies and summons that find themselves within an AoE of the Osamodas. Each bonus will depend on which of the four types the caster will transform into.
  • There is a way to manage/adjust the number of charges.

Summons
  • Each summon is associated with an element (example: chance – toad)
  • Osamodas cannot summon the same summon more than once. If they recast the same summon, when one is already on the field, it will simply replace the existing one. You can, however, have all the summons from the same “family” (level 1, level 2, level 3 summon) simultaneously out, in combat.
  • Osamodas can fully manage their summons.
  • Summoning cooldowns start counting when said a summon dies, and not when they are summoned.

Spells
  • 6 elemental spells for each element.
  • 6 generic summoning spells – All Osa summons can be summoned via each of these spells, but only one can be summoned at a time.
  • Secondary effects will make for interesting gameplay:
    • There are spells that will deal damage to enemies or, if targeted on an ally, will increase their power/heals/dodge/dodge (depending on the spell)
    • Interesting to note: (as an example) there is an int spell that deals damages to enemies and heals allies, but its damage will increase if the target is within two range of a Wyrmling – again, reinforcing the summon gameplay of an Osamodas.
Score : 613

Can't wait to try out the new Sacrier!
I've always loved the idea of the Sacrier being all about intentionally taking damage to become more potent. Using vitality as a resource sounds like it could be interesting and fun. I'll be downloading the beta as soon as it's ready! smile

0 0
Score : 34

Says to update to version 2.51.14.0 however no update is available so im guessing you havent made it available yet?
will it be available today ?

0 -1
Score : 698

I get the same message when I try to log in into the Beta.

0 0
Score : 2685

Looking forward to testing out the Sacriers changes. It will all hinge on how it plays, but I suspect that the damage reduction bonus that suffering includes will be keystone that holds it together. It will stretch out our HP to offset the fact that we must remain injured. So it’s kind of like having high HP again without actually having high HP again.

0 0
Score : 698

I get the same message when I try to log in into the Beta.

0 0
Respond to this thread