FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Revenge of the Feathered Dragon – Beta Available!

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - June 19, 2019, 14:45:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

The "Revenge of the Feathered Dragon" update is coming soon! In the meantime, why not go test out its content on the Beta?

The Beta server was just updated so you can test out upcoming new content. You'll be able to test:
An in-depth changelog will be available in French in a few days time; the English translation will be available a few days later.

Have fun on the Beta server, everyone!
First Ankama intervention

Hey, Slimmeke! smile

I replied to you on the other thread, but I will also share the information here. 

The official translations take a bit of time to come through. Being a French company, with French devs and GDs, the changelogs are written in French and then sent to be translated. 
With new content also needing to be translated, there is always a backlog for the translation team to go through.  This is one of several reasons why we usually do not provide translated changelogs during BETA; This time around we were trying something news, exploring different options that would improve the flow of information to all of our players. There is still a long way to go before we are satisfied with the result, but I believe we are on the right path. 

The translated changelogs for the following classes have been posted already:

There are 5 class balancing changelogs pending translation:
  • From Friday, June 14th (Sram, Huppermage, Ouginak)
  • From yesterday, June 19th (Rogue, Sadida)

Unfortunately, I am unable to confirm when these translations will be ready. sad

Additionally, despite the lack of English changelogs, the information regarding the class changes available on the BETA  has been shared as Forum top announcements, the latest one updated yesterday once the BETA was once again open to players: 

However, despite all this, I agree that the communication could have been made clearer and I sincerely appreciate your feedback on this matter. 

Manaia

See message in context
Reactions 7
Score : 40

I like the sadida update
I don’t get the chance one yet as it’s in French but I take it u gain a hit box with a summon or a tree?
And looks like u buff the crit side of the spells but not the non crit so
I guess ur forcing people to build Frits more now
I guess I know it still early stages atm so gl team

0 0
Score : 1789

Quite liking the changes both for rogue and sadi. No complaints at all when it comes to the rogue but I would have expected more on the sadi. The current summon variants aren't very unique... I wished they would get merged and keep the same functionality but in 1 spell. Eg. Either summon a block on an empty cell = 4ap, on a tree = 2ap in 1 spell.

The variant should be a utility based spell eg. instead of block maybe a buff that grants 30 lock to an ally? It's just that summons are not always viable in every dungeon and swapping them out would atleast give us an additional option. Doesn't have to be that strong either. Finally, I'd really appreciate controllable summons as they just add RNG now.

Nonetheless, keep up the good work!

0 0
Score : 783

Please remove or drastically change Force of Nature. Combined with the Infected State, it makes for horrible gameplay in Kolo.

0 0
Score : 101

Hey is it not worth telling people, especially the English community, that, apart from major Osa and Sacrier changes, Enutrof AND panda AND fogger AND Ougi and Hupper and Sram are getting changes as well?

I refer to my comment on this thread:
https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/1138-general-beta-discussions/335146-beta-2-52-may-28-2019-patch

And an already existing class balance changelog in french:
https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1557-discussions-generales/2299200-equilibrage-classes?page=1#entry12466003

Been a few days and there was also no-one of Ankama to reach out to us on that first thread..
Pretty disappointed.

Anyways good job with bringing new content and gl with finishing it up!

0 0

Hey, Slimmeke! smile

I replied to you on the other thread, but I will also share the information here. 

The official translations take a bit of time to come through. Being a French company, with French devs and GDs, the changelogs are written in French and then sent to be translated. 
With new content also needing to be translated, there is always a backlog for the translation team to go through.  This is one of several reasons why we usually do not provide translated changelogs during BETA; This time around we were trying something news, exploring different options that would improve the flow of information to all of our players. There is still a long way to go before we are satisfied with the result, but I believe we are on the right path. 

The translated changelogs for the following classes have been posted already:

There are 5 class balancing changelogs pending translation:
  • From Friday, June 14th (Sram, Huppermage, Ouginak)
  • From yesterday, June 19th (Rogue, Sadida)

Unfortunately, I am unable to confirm when these translations will be ready. sad

Additionally, despite the lack of English changelogs, the information regarding the class changes available on the BETA  has been shared as Forum top announcements, the latest one updated yesterday once the BETA was once again open to players: 

However, despite all this, I agree that the communication could have been made clearer and I sincerely appreciate your feedback on this matter. 

Manaia

Score : 101

Hey Manaia

Thank you for getting back at me!

I would like to thank you, in name of the English community, for providing a clear and to-the-point reply along with the links to the fresh changelogs and the point of view from the behind the scenes.

Very glad to see that the first few translations are finally there (today, 20th of June at 00:15) despite the changes being live on the BETA a bit longer than slightly suggested by the announcement made yesterday(!). Nonetheless thank you for providing them!

For the future I'd suggest to do what you exactly did here: pin an (approximate) translation release date. It's okay if it's not on that very day, but a small gesture like that at least shows being thoughtful towards the English community, imo smile

No hard feelings, thank you once again for your reply and keep up the good work that you're doing!

Kind regards,

1 0
Score : 364

This is all well and good, but how are we meant to test out new content and new class updates (especially with so many coming) if we can't even access 80% of the equipment available in beta?

0 0
Respond to this thread