FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[ECHO] "Rollback" glitches and Item Duplication

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - June 22, 2019, 22:00:00
AnkaTracker

Hi everyone,

Please accept our sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The truth is we were not made aware of the problem (considering it is the weekend) until a few hours ago, hence the delay in responding.

We would like to clarify that today’s Echo server issues and restart around 8 p.m. CEST was not the result of a rollback. It was a simple case of a technical hiccup that caused the server to go offline – which has been addressed. We restarted the server, and everything is now back to normal regarding Echo’s stability.

Now to the main issue at hand.
We have been made aware that some players have experienced some issues linked to either the loss of progress (be it in the form of XP, items, unlocked achievements, etc.) or the duplication of items.  We are genuinely sorry you are experiencing these issues, during a weekend no less!
We would kindly ask all those impacted by a loss of progress/items, as well as those experiencing duplication of items, to create a support ticket providing as many details as possible, to assist us in finding a solution to the problem:

• Account name + character name (In the event of exchanges between characters, make sure to include both account names and character names involved.)
  • Action executed + roughly what time
  • When did you realise something was wrong?
  • What did you do in between those times?
  • List of items lost/duplicated
  • When possible, please include screenshots

Our focus is to bring things back to normal. While we will gather as much information as possible on the situation, it would be premature for us to talk about the possibility of a rollback. Additionally, please understand it will be Monday before we get back to you with a more concrete position regarding the situation.

To those who expressed their disappointment regarding our answer time today, referring to the response turnaround for the situation the Ush server faced recently, please know we completely understand your frustration. However, it is important to clarify that the difference in response time really isn’t because we care more for a server than for another, but because we didn’t know what was going on on Echo until we saw your messages this evening, whereas we were fighting a DDOS attack on Ush and were able to see the problem appearing in real time.

We apologise for the inconvenience experienced and thank everyone for their patience. 
First Ankama intervention

You are correct, there was a thread created yesterday by NARCISSECR, on this very subject. The message came after close of business so I didn't see it. It was set invisible by a moderator due to the sensitive nature of its content, and the discussion and gathering of information continued privately. 

Manaia

See message in context
Reactions 190
Score : 214

Please accept our sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The truth is we were not made aware of the problem (considering it is the weekend) until a few hours ago, hence the delay in responding.

hmm interesting... I'm almost sure there was a thread about item duplication and rollback glitches yesterday (21st June, Friday), which seems to be gone now. The OP was urgently asking for a moderator to contact him/her regarding this situation.

Our focus is to bring things back to normal. While we will gather as much information as possible on the situation, it would be premature for us to talk about the possibility of a rollback. Additionally, please understand it will be Monday before we get back to you with a more concrete position regarding the situation.

As a player who has returned from a long hiatus just recently, I hope you will be able to solve this situation without a rollback or I know what else will be premature: My stay.

1 -1

You are correct, there was a thread created yesterday by NARCISSECR, on this very subject. The message came after close of business so I didn't see it. It was set invisible by a moderator due to the sensitive nature of its content, and the discussion and gathering of information continued privately. 

Manaia

Score : 214

Oh ok. I didn't recall the time of it correctly then. I thought it was in the afternoon, my bad.

1 -1

No worries at all. ^^ I just wanted to make sure everybody knew that all feedback or report of such issues is taken seriously and if it "disappears", there is a good reason.

(For example, if somebody reports a bug where performing certain actions results in the duplication of kamas or equipment, we would set it invisible so nobody else reading the report would to take advantage of it.)

Manaia

Hello again,

Our tech team has analysed the situation and, based on their findings so far (and because it impacts a very small number of players), we do not believe a rollback will be necessary.
Keep in mind that further checks will need to be performed, and we will provide you with a confirmation on Monday.
We would once again ask all those impacted to contact the Ankama Support team.

We apologise once again for the inconvenience caused.
Manaia

Score : 516

One concern I've seen voiced a lot is regarding the gobbstock event. It may be worth extending this a bit so that those who lost progress with the pollenectars can recouperate what they lost.

2 -3

Thank you for bringing this up, Paulz0r.

I'll make sure to discuss this with the Prod team, first thing Monday morning.
Manaia

Score : -402

Is there any sort of compensation in the works? I can see that the losses are all very situational and unique to each case. I strongly hope you can refund items lost in my case since I lost most of my actively run set, but there are also others that lost quest progress or other less concrete things. I hope all goes well.

1 -5
Score : 16

This is so bs, I'm not gonna make a report for every character i have angry

1 0

Then how do you expect them to fix your issues?

4 -5
Score : -327

Hey Manaia, can you walk us through the steps you want us to take to write a support ticket issue?
I tried "Technical assistance and bug"->"An item bug" and I get a very rigid form that's going to be a pain to fill, with stuff like "Method used to reproduce this bug" being a necessary field.
I mean I tried to do it to the best of my ability, but this is a major pain.

With the new format of the support website, it can even be hard to find the "create a support ticket button".

0 -2
Score : 822

@captainLazzy do u think people that gain millions in kamas with the duplicating bug gonna report themselves??

If anyone wise work at ankanoodle he gonna realised how bad these issues are and decide to reroll the server Monday to last Thursday not to ruin the server economy.. all the week end rollback could have been prevented if at least one employee would do overtime to offer us the services we paid for... till then I have 4 character that has a roll back (same rollback french server had) to Thursday night BUT even worse my auction house items did not reset like my achievements..

It mean all my sold items was for free and if I wanna redo what I did last 48 hours I can... for 10% of the loot and exp I received in first place, since all I does was dungeons and I still have all my achievement but lost all the reward/exp associated with for the last 48 hours..

Btw if they could restore our rollback "glitch" characters they would have done it already it's something u have a list of 100 names and it take 5 minutes to restore, then you relaunch the server

Anyway, Join us at bonta ressources auction, let's manifest to ankanoodle, how bad they dealing with ECHO duplicating and glitch issues is unacceptable, let's not play the game till Monday "fix" smile

3 -4
Score : -327

Technically I did get ~100mk of resources from it and reported myself. Give me a cookie.
In their defense it's not an easy thing to do manually, because it will probably have to be done manually, and they can't really determine who's a "glitched character". 

1 -2
Score : 58

I got rolled back to lvl 160, from 185. and lost an entire set of gear. Im back to playing this weekend so i hope if i level again ill still get the xp lost originally, and my items back.

1 -2

till Monday we're in the blank here the statement on ur question: we do not believe a rollback will be necessary.
Keep in mind that further checks will need to be performed, and we will provide you with a confirmation on Monday.

we dont know if they can restore our rollback character.. we dont know if people that have dupe high values gear gonna keep em.. we dont know if they gonna roll us back, Monday, to last Thursday.. till Monday no services for us..
join me at bonta ressources auction, not playing and manifesting till Monday, it's the week end, no one at the office!

2 -3
Score : 4

I got over 600mk splited in my accounts and alot of shits in market for sales , for now i dont know if i lost anything , but even if i did i wont be able to fingure out what ist , i blame u guys 

I suggest u guys do double loot , double xp for a full week.

3 -3
Score : -67

Well, blame the victim. Sure.
Always hating, i guarantee you they dont wanna be DDoS'ed either smile

1 -3

To create the support ticket, please fill in this form.

What is your request? Technical assistance and bug

More specifically... A technical difficulty on a computer game / Report a bug / Another bug 
Subject: Please specify if you are reporting a "rollback" glitch, item duplication, or both.
Description: You explain why you are reporting this problem. The explanation as to what the problem is you will include it further down in the ticket.

Method used to reproduce the bug: Explain that you are not sure how to reproduce the bug. This is where you explain what happened.  Provide as much detail as you can: 

• If you have more than one account, list the account nicknames + character names impacted (In the event of exchanges between characters, make sure to include both account names and character names involved.)
  • When did you realise something was wrong?
  • What did you do in between those times?
  • List of what you lost/duplicated. Please be as clear as possible.
  • When possible, please include screenshots.

Manaia
Score : 3011

Legit the week I come back and finish 4 different dofus questlines on 3 different characters, this happens... Always a fun time

0 -3

[Ankama]DOFUS|2019-06-23 00:50:39
Thank you for bringing this up, Paulz0r.

I'll make sure to discuss this with the Prod team, first thing Monday morning.
Manaia

Thanks a lot for understanding smile
1 -5
Score : 1219

I'd like to thank Manaia for looking into this problem and spending her free weekend trying to help us wub Much luv and respect to you Manaia 

12 -3

seconded

2 -5
Score : 56

I believe it's no coincidence that USHU has been rolled back to 6/20 backup, on 6/21 night. It's the same time some of us lost on ECHO. I think that, somehow, Ankama shares databases between servers, and we, who have suffered some loss, have been "rolled back" together with the USHU ..

Already opened my ticket, and i'm waiting for a solution..

5 0

I dont believe it is, since all my prob started Friday when they did  rollback ush; maybe because I was manually transfert from FR server and online at this moment (cuz of the bad lock server system)
Then everyone, my Friday rolled back character trade with, got rollback to Thursday as well but Saturday instead of Friday sad

3 -2
Score : -449

3 -9
Score : -18

Hey,

today I found out that my stuff has been gone. I think it has to do something with this "bug". Is there a way to get my items back? Not everything is gone but a big part of my sets is gone.

Anyone that can help me out? i hope so!

Cheers!

0 -3
Score : -449

0 -5

Thats not what that means... Most likely this is an auto response created by Manaia (who's not a mod btw wink)

2 -7
Respond to this thread