FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[ECHO] "Rollback" glitches and Item Duplication

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - June 22, 2019, 22:00:00
AnkaTracker
Reactions 190
Score : 3015

So can we play the game or do we need to wait until the rollbock on monday morning? 

1 -4
Score : 822

Log on ur ecaflip, then flip the coin.. till then confirmation on Monday morning sad

3 -2
Score : 25

Hello, my account seems to have been rolled back after hitting a massive milestone (for the first time ever, I have reached Legend rank in solo kolo). I was so happy that I went out to the gym for a workout, came back and I was rolled back. Anyways I ended up submitting a ticket to support and all they did was told me to wait for a forum post about it, and considered the case "solved" without doing anything. I have screenshot proof and was wondering if the rollback could be reversed possibly? I know people probably will just tell me to hit legend again, but I am working 2 jobs and finding the time is difficult. Thank you in advance, Rage (echo)

3 -1
Score : -449

0 -4
Score : 214

So, any news on this matter? Can we play now?

2 -3
Score : -18

I have no idea to be honest, Manaia didn't replied on my question as well.. maybe they're working on it. 

1 0

Hello everyone, 

On behalf of Ankama, I would like to sincerely apologise once again to those who have been impacted by Echo’s recent problems.

We now know Echo had problems with its backup process since Friday, hence why for some players it looked like their characters had suffered a rollback: upon logging on, the registry of their character’s progress wasn’t correctly saved, and the latest character logs were then used. This is also the reason why there was duplication of items and resources if these were moved between inventories or chests, for example.

We still do not foresee a rollback for Echo.
What determines the need for a rollback will be if the duplicated items are enough to hurt the server’s economy. While the situation might sound simplistic, it isn’t. Only a fraction of players were impacted by these issues, and a rollback would impact every players’ in-game progress and effort. We really want to avoid this.

We do understand that many players are anxiously waiting for an official position regarding the rollback, and to know what will happen with their accounts and if compensation will be provided. Our teams are fully aware that many of you are holding off from playing for fear of a rollback.
A definite answer to the situation will most likely come tomorrow afternoon, once the different departments have had time to assess the situation in more detail and extend their investigations further throughout today. We can totally understand this information might be disappointing, but it is crucial to be thorough and to ensure no further problems will arise.

The moment the decision is made, I will inform you on this thread. I will also create a forum announcement and communicate it via our Twitter account.

In the meanwhile, the support team is reviewing each ticket. The response time might be longer than the usual 48-hour turnaround time. We understand these delays are not ideal and you have already waited a long time for a resolution. This isn't going unnoticed, but we would greatly appreciate your understanding. 

Thank you for being patient while we work on solving the situation. We’ll try to have the situation resolved, and things back to normal, as soon as possible.

Manaia

What is worst: 1000 players receiving 10millions kamas in duped items by ankanoodle or 10 players receiving 1000 millions kamas from ankanouille? I dont see any difference personally

I like how u saying the duplicating problem isn't a problem when u have no freaking idea of what items was duped... since people had to report themselves.. u clearly did not keep the track of what was duped or lost or u would have help the "few" of us already.. that PR stuff is unacceptable

I'm sure u guys can do lots better than that, till then join me at bonta ressources auction till the update on possible fix or rollback let's not play and manifest instead!

3 -2
We can totally understand this information might be disappointing

You're not wrong.. So you're saying that we can't play for a whole another 24h or we'll risk losing all the progress from that day 
1 -3
Score : 214

That's also how I interpreted it. Not going to risk anything but my seemyools' statistics.

0 -2

We truly are focusing on avoiding a rollback at all costs and are ongoingly working on the problem, but I would be doing both Ankama and the community a disservice if I told you there is no risk, even if it is a small one. sad

Until I come back to you guys with a final answer on the situation tomorrow, any activity you would do in-game should be seen as fun and enjoyable, instead of an investment into your progression, as there is still a chance (albeit small) that a rollback might take place. 

Manaia

Score : 516

Thanks for all your work over today and the weekend. Hope there is no rollback of course but whatever happens happens.

0 -4
Score : -402

Well, I was told by support that I should essentially wait to see the official stance on this to make another ticket.... I lost a lot of stuff and currently can't even play. I hope this isn't bad news.

0 -4
Score : 58

So we might get rolled back almost full week of play, wtf.....

1 0

I had to set some messages invisible.
Please understand that while it is OK to be frustrated and to share negative feedback, the forum rules still need to be respected. 

I completely understand that some players are quite unhappy and have reasons to be, but messages distorting facts and trying to spread panic and disarray only hurt other players, and that really isn't cool. The situation isn't great at the moment, so let's not make it worse. 

Manaia

Yeah sorry that you're the one that's being exposed to all the "hate" and "complaints".. Sometimes we forget that you don't have much power or saying when it comes to stuff like this and that you're doing your best to help us all

We're really thankful that you're trying to help us through stuff like this.  

2 -5

weird to read this in the same post:"Only a fraction of players were impacted by these issues"
to add:
"In the meanwhile, the support team is reviewing each ticket. The response time might be longer than the usual 48-hour turnaround time"

a fraction of the echo player based shouldn't be that high volume of tickets.. we shared our answer to the ticket we sent, most of them are automatic answer and personal answer like I receive it take like, what.. 2min max to do? im lost sad

3 -2
Score : -1931

Who writes a ticket? Maybe one in a hundred affected. The big crowd is still playing or has not noticed.

5 -5

The turnaround time is longer because this is an exceptional issue which requires more back-end work to be done by the server team.

I know it's frustrating to be largely in the dark about what's happening. However, Ankama has been providing play-by-play updates as their teams piece together the root problem and implement solutions. Your patience, confidence, and respect are greatly appreciated during this process.
​​​​

Score : 41

Confidence: meanwhile we learned today ur dev team aint working on an Echo fix but on next patch update, no respect for echo players sad

3 0
Score : 309

I honestly think It would have been better to have a rollback happen sooner, rather than risk a rollback half a week later.

5 0
Score : 49

Here's just a little tip, that might help players in the event of a rollback. Like myself, I'm betting there are many players who wasn't aware that this was even an issue, until earlier today. I've done 40+ quests, some quite tough, over this weekend. Put out a little warning stating that there is a risk all progress will be lost, in the event of a rollback. Not everyone checks these forums.

4 0

0 -5

They changed ur character name cuz when u were trolling on community chat u got reported ur main @mdma-x for this reason;

4.2.2 Account names, nicknames, character nicknames, guild names and team names, as a minimum, must: -not refer to a narcotic product or anything prohibited by law;

The question is why they changed ur name that is against the TOS, to rename you exact same name 1 weeks later... I do not understand.. we're u just getting bullied for being to vocal on the dupe glitch, reason why u censure urself// all ur post!?

3 -4
Score : -192

Just going to report this here to be clear and honest the only "dupe" item so far on my account is Toxic mask worth around 1mil? I'm checking for other things but avoiding moving any thing around.
Would really like to not be banned lol.

2 -5

0 -5
Score : -91

lost a ton of achievements quest and even just got kickt out while i almost got another one done ankama you gone too far 

0 -6
Score : -35

To clarify, is there a rollback happening right now? I got hacked early 4 days ago and have been working my ass off to regain a full omni crit set... which if this rollback is dated as such, then i will be rolled back to 6 hours after losing all of my equipment.... which is a pretty horrendous experience.  I cant see confirmation of a rollback though? 
final questions, if a rollback can happen on a server, is it possible to rollback 1 account? to its last saved setup etc, ie before i was hacked? ankama suggest theres nothing they can do for me, but a rollback is going to make is 10 times worse.
Thanks

0 -5

The game servers are down because of the standard weekly maintenance. There will be no rollback during it. 

Manaia

Respond to this thread