FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[ECHO] "Rollback" glitches and Item Duplication

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - June 22, 2019, 22:00:00
AnkaTracker
Reactions 190
Score : 1072

I am hoping there will not be a rollback on the Echo server, as I have dropped a sold 90mk worth of mats this week and done three level 200 questlines and regeared eni. e.e

6 -5
Score : 215

Can we get a definitive statement about this ongoing issue anytime soon please? I have subbed my accounts last friday and only played for ~6 hours and have spent 3 days waiting for a solid answer regarding a rollback (whether it is positive or negative). This is my 4th day now and it's getting tiresome.

8 -2
Score : -1944

Yes, some infos would not be bad.

8 -5
Score : 111

Can we get some infos already please?

5 0
Score : 80

Hello.

Sorry, but we have not been able to play for several days (some from Friday, some from Saturday), it’s already obvious that the more time passes, the less likely it is to return the state of our characters.
Could you please give us some information?

Admin - Yesterday - 18:20:51"... I come back to you guys with a final answer on the situation tomorrow"

6 0
Score : -3

i dont think that rollback will come. cos if it come many people lost their time, kamas, items, quests, achivment etc. yeah few people will take what they want, their problem will fix but this time start bigger problem with other people. They dont want lost last 4-5 days. i am sorry for minority but rollback must not happen...

2 -4

Hi everyone,

We apologise for not getting back to you with a final decision on the rollback, and for how late this update is given.
As you know, there is a DOFUS update coming soon. There is still a lot of work to be done and everyone is quite busy wrapping everything up for the 2.52 release. As such, we are limited in terms of availability, which is why we are not progressing as fast as we would like when it comes to the Echo situation. 

That being said, we were able to identify all accounts that were impacted by the backup problem. Our data analysis progressed nicely, but we are not out of the woods yet; quantifying the impact on the server’s economy is a laborious task and all accounts need to be checked. Once this review process is completed, we will be able to determine the best course of action. We still insist that a rollback is the last possible option for us.

We understand this message isn’t what you were expecting. We will continue to work towards an optimal solution for Echo and we hope to get back to you on this matter tomorrow morning.

We once again deeply apologise for the inconvenience this entire situation has caused the Echo community, and we greatly appreciate the patience you have shown.

Manaia

Score : 41

What is worst having 1000 players duping 10M kamas or 10 players duping 1000M kamas.. aint see any difference...

Till Saturday morning I gave all the answers to these guys on why and how reproduce it... let's hope they can keep track of duped items..
I really doubt, the RB pending over our head since Friday to the last thursday is unacceptable in these conditions

3 -3

As you know, there is a DOFUS update coming soon. There is still a lot of work to be done and everyone is quite busy wrapping everything up for the 2.52 release. As such, we are limited in terms of availability, which is why we are not progressing as fast as we would like when it comes to the Echo situation. 

Is this a fancy way to say Echo doesn't really matter? I have a question and I want an honest answer:  If this very same issue occurred in one of the French servers, would it take the same amount of time it's taking right now? Don't take this personal but the "tech team" has been handling this issue very poorly. Are they even aware that every day they postpone making a decision they make it worse for everybody?
4 -2
Score : -449

1 -10

Echo matters, a lot. The statement you quoted is an honest matter-of-fact: 2.52 is coming soon and there is still a lot to do. The people working on aspects of the release are also the people who are working on resolving this problem. The pressure is on to ensure a release that impacts all communities and servers is on track, all the while a solution for Echo, where the entire server isn't jeopardised, is found. 

If this had happened on a French server it would take such as much time and effort to find a solution (I would even venture to say perhaps longer, but I could be wrong as I am not a server dev). 

We are all painfully aware that each day that passes by is having a negative impact on everyone, and we cannot apologise enough for the inconvenience.  sad

Manaia

Score : 111

I do understand what you're saying, but tomorrow we would be at the point where most of the progress people did over the weekend could've been redone again if we had the rollback already. The longer you wait with a decision the higher is the loss of a basic player.

5 0
Score : -28

As someone who was effected, and reported it quickly, I am being patient. I understand it is hard for people to do that, especially if you don't understand the mechanics of how games are made or how they go about keeping them running somewhat smoothly. 

As people have already pointed out, the labor laws are different there, and they were off this weekend. Manaia is just the messenger, and has worked through the weekend to try to keep the people happy.

The people spreading false news need to stop. The people getting upset about something that isn't set in stone, need to chill out. They (developers, etc) already had their hands full before this happened, and now they are spilling over. Be patient. 

6 -7
Score : 598

Hello.  I was rolled back on this account, but did not lose anything that I couldn't easily redo.  Frustrating at first but I got over it quickly, and since then I have continued playing (despite the warnings that we might lose any new progress we made).  I have made much more progress since this happened than what I had originally lost, so I just wanted to point out that at this point, if I were to be re-rolled back to where I was last Thursday, it would be much more a punishment than any kind of compensation.  I understand others don't feel the same way, but I am sure I'm not the only one in this position.  Thank you.

Edit:  To be clear, I'm not suggesting that nothing be done about this.  What I am saying is that there are some people who would prefer to be rolled back and others who wouldn't (but still would like some compensation for lost time), and so the best course of action would be to handle each case individually, if that is possible.

4 -5
Score : -9

So been working on the four over five achievement all weekend and in the last fight for it now should I even bother finishing it or just wait for a definite answer on this. This is after being set back on the quest line on the first RB really hoping I didn’t redo this just to redo it again

1 -4

Hello, everyone.

We would like to apologize once more and assure you that everyone in our team has been dedicated to fixing this problem, even with the added responsibility of keeping up with the 2.52 update internal deadlines. Coffee intake has increased by a factor of 10, but we are now able to finally confirm that there will be no rollback for Echo.

Since only 4% of the server was impacted by this problem, we simply cannot justify penalizing the remaining 96% with a rollback four days later. We are still working through the best way to rectify the duplicated items and resources, as well as recover the progression loss experienced by the 4% but, regardless of how we decide to proceed, we won’t rollback the server. 
We are still unable to advise you as to when we will be able to rectify it all, but we will keep you updated and get back to you once we have news.

Additionally, we are fully aware that as a result of the situation – the backup problems, our announcements, and the risk of losing (for some, further) in-game progress -, many of you haven’t been able to fully enjoy DOFUS for the past 4 days. We are currently discussing compensation options for all subscribed accounts, as a token of appreciation for your patience and understanding, and as an apology for the unpleasant experience you have endured. Once we have agreed on this gesture, we will come back to you with the details.

Until then, please go and enjoy DOFUS. Happy gaming. <3
Manaia

Finally some good news! I was just about to write a text block, thanks for saving me the trouble tongue. Though the experience has indeed been unpleasant, at least you were there to keep us informed. Much appreciated. Have a nice day!

4 -4
Thank you Manaia.

I am happy about this decision.
Now all players can devote themselves to the game without any worries.

*I quickly sended two pounds of coffee as emergency aid*
7 -4
EnvoyOfTheDarkness, Glad I was able to save you some time! Have a great day! tongue

xcharx, I got so excited with the news that I clearly misspoke. rolleyes
Thank you so much for bringing this up.
The 4% are not at risk of any further issues. The backup operations on Echo were fixed on Saturday night, so any backup since then is "clean". What I mean is that, even though there will be no rollback,  we are still working on recovering what this small % of players lost over the past couple of days. 

Princess-vonBrakmar, Indeed. We didn't want to wait until the gift was decided on before letting you all know you could go back and enjoy DOFUS. biggrin
Thank you ever so much for sharing this information on the DE forum. kiss 

Manaia

Score : 98

We don't want compensokens,

Yours truly,

Everyone on the server.

6 -3

I agree.
Just gimme some monsters where i can knock on the top site.

6 -4
Score : 1220

A big thank you to all the Ankama team and an immense thank you to Manaia wub

8 -4
Score : -401

Cool and all that this worked out, but my problem regarding the missing of 6 of my endgame set items is still causing me extreme problems. I cannot play without them and will likely have to quit if I am not fixed here. I was told in support my issue was related to "DDoS attacks" and basically my ticket was closed without this being helped at all.

1 -5

Could you be so kind as to share your ticket number with me, please?

Manaia

Score : -449

0 -7

The items that will be gifted to everyone are separate from the work our teams are doing to recover what the 4% lost. For those who have lost progress, the work on our end continues, as stated earlier.

Since only 4% of the server was impacted by this problem, we simply cannot justify penalizing the remaining 96% with a rollback four days later. We are still working through the best way to rectify the duplicated items and resources, as well as recover the progression loss experienced by the 4% but, regardless of how we decide to proceed, we won’t rollback the server. 
We are still unable to advise you as to when we will be able to rectify it all, but we will keep you updated and get back to you once we have news.

Your main character was renamed for not being compliant with the naming convention rules of DOFUS. I invite you to discuss this further with the Support agent.

Manaia
Respond to this thread