By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Debugging and Game Optimization

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - July 02, 2019, 17:00:00

With the last update, work began in response to broad and worrying feedback regarding game stability and performance at the start of the year. We have continued to make progress, and here are the main improvements that will be available in update 2.52.

Optimizations and Memory Leaks

We continued to plug memory leaks, in particular regarding loading and changing characters, which also greatly sped up character loading times (from 25 seconds to 3 seconds during our tests).

Animation System and Character Display

A lot of work has been done on the display, loading and storing in memory of character animations, appearances and auras. The result is improved performance on the most crowded maps, and a limitation on memory use during game sessions as you encounter other characters with diverse appearances.

Chat

The chat feature is a relatively large area of work and the source of large game slowdowns and freezes. Its optimization is far from complete, but we have been able to resolve the cases of the game freezing for several minutes in the event of flooding in the chat (for example, floods of achievement completion, level up, and AvA combat notifications).

Marketplace

Searching and sorting has been greatly optimized in the Marketplaces when many categories are selected in order to improve search times.

Pathfinding, Map, and Worldgraph

One of the areas of work was also improving performance when displaying the game map and icons present on the map, calculating paths taken during movements, and calculating possible paths when using Globally Pre-Sentient mounts.

Previews

Finally, many preview issues have been fixed when it comes to calculated values and fixing potential crashes when displaying previews.

Upcoming Work

We are continuing the optimization and debugging work that's begun, with the priority goals being to continue efforts on animations and the chat that are not yet finished, and tackle map loading. See you after the summer for the next steps!

Reactions 21
Score : 111

when update 2.52?

0 0
Score : 4220

Thursday, July 4th

0 0
Score : 1146

Cool stuff.

0 0
Score : 205

Have you fixed the bugs when trying to target with the feca spell "shiver".
I feel like I should be compensated a change of set or class, it absolutely crashed the game when I try to use it

1 0
Score : 545

it feels like a Gamakna article, and its been a while since the last one. I wonder if its over

0 0
Score : 2098

Something I've noticed since coming back to the game is how poorly the game runs. Hopefully this update fixes that.

0 0
Score : 1046

High hopes for you guys.
Ready to be dissapointed.
But you know, High hopes!

1 0
Score : 672

Am I the only player in the English community who can play just fine? I've also experienced the lag when you sometimes hover a target with a spell. No more than once a month, though. 2019 has started a lot better for Dofus, not even remotely comparable to the past years. Personally, the game has been running better than it ever has, so, good job, Ankama.

0 0
Score : 1146

Probably not, I did notice the previous improvements but I also have all the abovementioned bugs as well. I hope they are fixed biggrin

0 0
Score : 1536

"During an update, your Haven Bag dropped your Full Soul Stones. (But how!?)
In 21 of these stones, cracks are visible... Conclusion: 35 soul(s) freed."

...WTF? Are you trying to waste the time of long-term players, especially one of those who is within the top five contributors to the Dofus wiki on Fandom? Why are you taking my stuff? It is my business when and how I use my soul stones!

There have been many unpleasant changes made recently... dropping the stars... adding penalties to areas (making it harder to level alts) ... changing Vulbis to a quest item, despite how players said that they liked it as a rare drop (and indeed wanted more rare drops too) ...making DT breeding nearly impossible and way too time-consuming ...constant changes to the stats and ingredients of gear and other craftables ...etc.

What are you trying to do to your loyal crowd, who work to promote the game? I think you ought to stop dividing your attention among so many projects. Take the Warspear approach. End Wakfu by moving those players and the best features into Dofus, and then make Dofus and Dufus Touch completely compatible. And, stop changing things that players like in favor of ethereal hopes.

BTW Give me my soul stones back too!

1 0
Score : 12

Wait what happened to soul stones? I have had like a hundred arch monsters stored in my haven bag, haven't checked my chest recently though and I'm scarred now. Will there be there? IF not, will contacting support help by any way? Like come on...

0 0
Score : 553

Game still randomly freezes, doesn't feel like anything got improved in performance.As for the comment above me, im speechless..

1 0
Score : 553

I'd just like to add that it's already freezing on the loading screen after choosing a character

1 0
Score : 16

in what universe? it's even worse

1 0
Score : 12926

Game's been running significantly worse.

0 0
Score : 5956

16 GB RAM, i7-8750 6 core CPU, GeForce GTX 1070 with 8 GB of GPU memory.

Should be able to handle Dofus... and yet Dofus runs absolutely miserably. Sometimes my FPS drops to like 5 just from selecting an AoE spell and selecting where to use it. 

And the game gets increasingly laggy over time and I have to restart rather frequently... 

Like, come on. Do I need to go buy a $5000 computer to play Dofus?

This is after the new "optimizations" by the way.

1 0
Score : -20

waw osa R.I.P verry verry bad chare now why make him like this its verry bad

0 -2
Score : 223

I'm not finding stars on mobs anymore... has that been removed or am I just having a really bad string of luck? I find stars on harvest items still though.

0 0
Score : 5956

That has been removed in favor of area-wide bonuses.

0 0
Score : 51

guys game performance
it got worse or only happening to me?

0 0
Respond to this thread