FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A small plea to Ankama, as a returning player

By MorganTheBattosai - SUBSCRIBER - July 28, 2019, 20:21:56

Forgive my language and the possible wall of text, but english isnt my main language.

I came back to the game last month, after almost a decade. Before going into the main theme, a little presentation is in place i think.

I quit the game not too long before Frighost 3 was launched. At that old, ancient time, i was the proud owner of 5 chars on rosal, all of them fully equipped on 12/6, with relative dofuses. I was a staple in the top 10 Iop and Eca worldwide, and prolly old Rosal players remember Morg or Battosai/Roujin back at time.

That said, i was very invested in the game and as such coming back to find everything changed was a shocker. Initially the urge to go play 1.29 was high. I decided tho to give a shot to 2.x dofus and found out it wasnt bad as described.

I actually like a lot the classes revamps and the alternative spell sistem as well as i noticed all classes (which more which less) were made proficent in pretty much all aspects with the right build (elements, field manipulation, aoe, single target, mobility etc). Tbh i think the game is better now, overall, despite the usual tuning made just relying apparently on pvp data which sadly is a common problem of most mmos.

On the other side i still noticed some amateur mistakes. The grind was killed or better say switched with questing. Dofuses are now fair for all, solo play is much easier due to challenges and objectives and so on.

Therefore

Im NOT surprised the game is dying. Kill the grind, and a mmo is dead. Kill uniqueness, and a mmo is dead. Despite being fair for all, dofus lost its touch. My 2000 dp souls pale in comparison on wht you need now to be 1/2 at least or get a turq. Equality doesnt equal to a good game sometimes. What moved people to keep playing was still the will to farm, to improve, to get that 0.01% drop making you a different category of player. Idols were a terrible choiche. Xp boosts and farming got the best of everyone -despite i still loved to grind my levels, and still took only one month without any korri leech to get 150+- and in the end... what do you do when all your efforts are ALWAIS rewarded? Sure feels good but in the long run... you got nothing more yo grind for. No dofus escaping you despite your attempts.

Ankama, you re really losing yourself in a glass of water. This game would need such little effort and change to get back in shape.

Which brings me to this topic. As a comebacker first thing i sought for were not fights but.. informations. So i came to the forums. Now excuse me but they re TREACHEROUS. Imagine my surprise to still see sections and topics pinned with posts from 2009, or even earlier (some of which i even remembered). A moltitude of pins, sub sections, areas where 80% of the material and posts are outdated by 10 years.

Now im not a noob here, so it wasnt that hard. But imagine the impact of said desolation on a new player seeking infos and logging forums for the first time. Imagine the sadness into seeing 2009/2010 posts around. The first thing you would think is that none cares, included devs mods and admins.

What is this mess Ankama? Guidelines? Pinned topics of events happened ages ago? Cant we get a grip?

If i want to sell a house first thing i do is a good cleaning. Sure some posts hold still value even being 10 years old but HECK, just remake them anew with a nice 2019 mark on it.

You wanna make dofus great again? Start from this forum’s looks. Erase the useless posts, the old ones, the ones showing outdated infos and stuff. Temporis III is on right? Why the hell there s still pins of T II and T III around?

Keep the useful ones but copy paste them into new threads. Reduce the subsections, expecially REDUCE THE EFFIN PINNED TOPICS. Pinned section is a shortcut for a few key topics, if you have 45 x section and i have to scroll two pages before the first non-admin post then there s a problem, then a new player will just find another game cause at first look, again, this place looks stuck in 2009.

A little plea for some little effort.

7 -2
Reactions 8
Score : 1421

=13pxOn the other side i still noticed some amateur mistakes. The grind was killed or better say switched with questing. Dofuses are now fair for all, solo play is much easier due to challenges and objectives and so on.

Therefore

Im NOT surprised the game is dying. Kill the grind, and a mmo is dead

Grinding is the worst, no idea what you're talking about.
2 -6
Score : 389

Yeah WTH lol
Old player since 1.29 and i HATED grinding, farmings is ok but damn, doing 200+ stones for a Effing +8 critical Dofus sucks asses IMHO.

0 0
Score : -4466

MorganTheBattosai

[A]
That said, i was very invested in the game and as such coming back to find everything changed was a shocker. Initially the urge to go play 1.29 was high. I decided tho to give a shot to 2.x dofus and found out it wasnt bad as described.

[B]
I actually like a lot the classes revamps and the alternative spell sistem as well as i noticed all classes (which more which less) were made proficent in pretty much all aspects with the right build (elements, field manipulation, aoe, single target, mobility etc). Tbh i think the game is better now, overall, despite the usual tuning made just relying apparently on pvp data which sadly is a common problem of most mmos.

[C]
On the other side i still noticed some amateur mistakes. The grind was killed or better say switched with questing. Dofuses are now fair for all, solo play is much easier due to challenges and objectives and so on.

[D]
Therefore

Im NOT surprised the game is dying. Kill the grind, and a mmo is dead. Kill uniqueness, and a mmo is dead. Despite being fair for all, dofus lost its touch. My 2000 dp souls pale in comparison on wht you need now to be 1/2 at least or get a turq. Equality doesnt equal to a good game sometimes. What moved people to keep playing was still the will to farm, to improve, to get that 0.01% drop making you a different category of player. Idols were a terrible choiche. Xp boosts and farming got the best of everyone -despite i still loved to grind my levels, and still took only one month without any korri leech to get 150+- and in the end... what do you do when all your efforts are ALWAIS rewarded? Sure feels good but in the long run... you got nothing more yo grind for. No dofus escaping you despite your attempts.

Ankama, you re really losing yourself in a glass of water. This game would need such little effort and change to get back in shape.

[E]
Which brings me to this topic. As a comebacker first thing i sought for were not fights but.. informations. So i came to the forums. Now excuse me but they re TREACHEROUS. Imagine my surprise to still see sections and topics pinned with posts from 2009, or even earlier (some of which i even remembered). A moltitude of pins, sub sections, areas where 80% of the material and posts are outdated by 10 years.

Heyo smile 
Welcome back!
And ultra nice thread!

[A]
Sometime I get some chills on my spine, telling me to go try Dofus 1.x, before deciding if to, maybe, quit or not, this game.
They have been too many changes on 2.x, too quick, not all for the best.
Myself, :
- I took a break of 1 year +, when Enu was dramatically "revamped", and I was about to take a break again when she lost her chest for drops;
- I took another break of few months, with recent Osa revamp, and not sure atm if she will continue to be my main; chances are even, 50-50% [reason for break has 3 parts; 1 was Osa revamp, about other 2 , I might make a thread or something, will see ....].

[B]
For me, not all changes are for the better, and they're happening way too fast, it doesn't let "casual" players enough time to assimilate [ & play] not even 50% of new content, before new content/ revamps/ etc come into the scene of the Dofus theater.
And yes, revamps etc are mostly tunned around pvp, as updates, and w.e., which is rather sad; it leaves lil rewards to (pure) pvm-ers, to casual players, who have an active irl, job, family, maybe even kids, etc, and have limited amount of time to play.

[C]
I loved grinding!
I am one of those "silly players" who enjoyed it!
I miss farming cracklers for spell points; I miss farming random mobs, for mats to exchange for scrolls; I miss having an almost never ending story for each new char, in his/ her quest for lev 200 - it iddn't matter "when char would get 200", but the journey to it. I also miss the groups of friends farming random stuff for random mats. I miss friendship in game, unconditional and not demanding rewards back. I miss so many things! sad

[D]
I still cri inside out over my "lost" dp and croco souls.
I simply loved doing those dungeons.
It didn't matter when/ if/ how many of those colorful dofuses I was going to get; it was just fun to grind, for something unique, or at least for something (ultra) rare. It used to give me a goal to achieve, something to do in game.

[E]
Reasons for which you'll find not so much info updated by players:
- some players get targeted easily and quickly; just look at my forum rate, for example; and check my posts/ threads; I have downvotes even for bugs posts, haha; Ankama pplz have been saying they will revamp once again forums and look into this "issue", but ... nothing solved/ fixed/ done, in many months about this; so sometime I keep new info/ tricks for self, and eventually share with guild/ alliance, while maybe they are days when I just don't feel like making what I consider a good info thread on w.e., only to get downvoted, LOL; I know, it shouldn't matter, but it still does, a lil lil lil;
- if you place yourself in some "tribes", like, myself, on pvm tribe, and some of your posts are pro pvm and asking some % off of pvp importance in the game, to keep it fair for both "tribes", then you'd get targeted, on forums, and sometime ig too, by followers of the "opposite tribe";
- last, but not least, is Ankama [ official and unofficial staff] pplz attitude towards certain forumers. Be warned, if one of them gets somehow sometime ... disturbed ... by what you say, then  s/he will look for the needle in the car of hay in your posts/ threads ... ; so you have to state your opinion on some "hot topics", but with extra care wink

If you get bored sometime, feel free to hit me up ig.
5 -1
Score : 25828

bohemia|2019-07-29 05:38:17
- last, but not least, is Ankama [ official and unofficial staff] pplz attitude towards certain forumers. Be warned, if one of them gets somehow sometime ... disturbed ... by what you say, then  s/he will look for the needle in the car of hay in your posts/ threads ... ; so you have to state your opinion on some "hot topics", but with extra care wink

Yeah, be careful posting here, the forum gods don't like it when ordinary players question their decisions. That is why I no longer make suggestion thread since they invisibled my thread asking why I can't post on the suggestion section.
4 0
Score : 163

Somehow quote is broken.

@Inuteroden
Grind is the BASE, and FUNDAMENTAL of mmorpgs. There is no game if there is no grind. The whole concept of mmo is “you will alwais have something to do, too look for.
Besides, your reply is quite funny. Grind is still there. In the form of quests. Which is killing the game for a sole reason. Before you could:

A)Hunt for drop A, pile them up, exchange them for goods (spell points, char scrolls, item crafts)

But/or

cool hunt something you liked more, profit from it, buy the scrolls/mat etc.

You had ample choiche on what to do and pretty much ALL You could do required PLAYING the game (fighting) and not moving mindlessly from map to map. The game was very much more ACTIVE, rather than goong from A to B then from B to C then back to A, then C and B.

If you gonna tell me that spending 30mins to 2 hrs clicking on map direction is more fun than killing stuff, welp.

Nowadays that s it. You can ofc still buy stuff, but achievement/dofus sistem is made so that it FORCES you onto quests, and not just that. Even professions.

You pay for a game you should enjoy, and you should be arbiter of what you enjoy without limitation or forcings on about what you have to do.

Add that half of the quests ingame are unbalanced, outdated or just horrible and you should get my point.

@Bohemia/Gunnerfang

Im proficent with forums in many games and i ve known ankama for so long now, nothing new im reading lol

0 0
Score : 424

The changes to make the dofus' a quest reward was great. However I don't think they should have ever removed them as drops from bosses. Instead they [could have made/should make] it in a way where you have (as example crimson dofus) the average of 80% power and have it drop from boss(es) with a range of 70~90% power. The item would still be totally available from questing, in it's 80% average stat, but for end game the grind would not be dead. Same with other dofus' that were dropable. Turq with a range of like 8~12% crit, Emerald with 150~250 vit, Cawwot with 50~70 wis, Ice dofus with every damage being random from 20~30. I mean it would not be something that would be gamebreaking and still give people incentive to do quests instead of trying to farm the boss(es) for the dofus. The only exception I could think of would be vulbis dofus, since it's main stat is 1 mp.

Ideally I would want to see an item the likes of an Eternal Orb that would be really hard to drop for endgame maging huh.

tldr; Adding dofus' to quests happy good. Removing them from boss(es) angry bad. It's about giving us a(nother) choice, not forcing us on 1 thing.

0 0
Score : 163

@macauly

Adding dofus to quests wasnt bad PER SE. they are now much more fair. The problem was not subbing them with something else being ultra rare and rng based to achieve.

Infinite dreams endgame mats are sorta close to that, but not enough to keep people playing.

The problem with certain drop rate from quests is that once you re done.. you re done. And that s it.

0 0
Score : 608

I really hate grind. Other mmo's have removed the grind thing (like wow, where quests are more interactive and no longer says "kill 20 birds" every single quest).

I like the way it goes and I like the Dofus quests changes. Grinding mobs for drop + xp is such an old thing (we used to do that back in dofus 1). leveling with quests is more enjoyable (more if you take the time to read what you're doing).

1 -1
Respond to this thread