By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improving ... communication skills :)

By bohemia - SUBSCRIBER - July 29, 2019, 06:23:09

Just curious ... if Ankama pplz have managed, maybe, to improve their communication in the last months?!
Myself, I am still waiting for an apology ..

Well?
I'll be waiting ... kissangelsmile
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you
(As Richard Max used to sing ...)

It aint funny when one bothers to screen and report bugs on regular basis, taking from their own time for playing/ relax/ zen time, only to get:
- downvotes from "fans" smile ;
- being called names by Ankama pplz, aka, "frustrated", in my case, if you dare to point out too many bugs at a time, or I donno; and that, under the "protection of anonymity" of a forum account used ... by God knows how many pplz, whom would never ever take responsibility for their words/ actions, or at least, not in this particular case.

I'll tell you what has followed, "thanks" to some random person from Ankama pplz calling me names on forums, aka, "frustrated", for the simple reason of daring to post evident bugs:
- I took a few months break from Dofus, to prove myself that I am not "frustrated" about this game, that I don't care much about it, that it is all virtual random pixels; now, I mostly log for my very few but very wonderful friends ig; and Dodus will never be the same for me, I'll never get carried away by it like before, and my playing time will be significantly less than before; that is, if after this comeback last evening, I decide to play again; odds are 50-50%, at max;
- I have decided not to put £££$$$£££$$$ on this game anymore; when I got to the point of being able to sustain with ig kamas the sub of some accounts, I have decided to keep supporting this company, to continue to keep online the game I used to love, by buying some random stuff in shop, usually cosmetics, every year; if not on Dofus, then on Dofus pets, or w.e.; now my money aint going anymore to this company ... you can thank the person who called me "frustrated" and hasn't apologised in quite some months, since the incident; I guess that "said anonymous person" is ... still working on improving his/her communication skills. smile

Have a good day all!
Happy gaming! (while you still can... )
& Cheers for having the patience to read this.

1 -9
Reactions 1
Score : 2029

I'm a bit confused on why you are taking "Sorry to learn how frustrated you are" as an insult? It is a feeling, and from the looks of things it was a very appropriate, non-malicious thing to say because was it not true?

Your reply to the circled comment above, from February 15th is:  

bohemia|2019-02-15 22:16:14
Many thanks again for the time and for the reply.
Much appreciated! wub

Looks like you're super shaken up by this massive injustice done to you. /s

(For anyone wondering, this, and this are the posts bohemia is referencing)

Manaia and the English Dofus Team have been doing a fantastic job lately with their communication. You say you've been gone for a few months, well when you left things were very tense between the English community, and the CM's/mods. It has since calmed down drastically. 

It aint funny when one bothers to screen and report bugs on regular basis, taking from their own time for playing/ relax/ zen time, only to get:
- downvotes from "fans" smile ;
- being called names by Ankama pplz, aka, "frustrated", in my case, if you dare to point out too many bugs at a time, or I donno; and that, under the "protection of anonymity" of a forum account used ... by God knows how many pplz, whom would never ever take responsibility for their words/ actions, or at least, not in this particular case.

You are not the only person who screens/records bugs, and reports them to Ankama. Many of us do it via Ankabox to avoid the masses from learning about/abusing them while they are live. 

The downvotes are not from Ankama, they are from troll(s) that dislike you for whatever reason. They aren't even reading your posts, they just want to lower your account forum score.

The "bugs" you are talking about are translation errors, or simple things such as a message saying "[Ctrl] for Theoretical values" on a ceremonial item. Yes, the message probably shouldn't be there, but I'm not sure what you expected to happen when you pressed Ctrl. It's a harness for Pete's sake. 
Don't forget that most, if not all, of the information that the English players receive was originally written in French. There is bound to be at least some confusing words/phrases.  
bohemia|2019-02-20 00:50:19
Ceremonial items are not technically parts of any sets at all, or so is how Dofus the game "treats" them:
  •  when one clicks on their "wheel" for "options", there is no "Set" option to show the whole full set;
  • when one clicks again on their "wheel" for "Pin the tooltip", in their tooltip they do not say/ write that they are part of any set at all, which makes it implicit that they are stand alone items.

A set is a well-defined collection of objects. There is no option for Set, because that option is used to show the players what bonuses they receive when they equip multiple items from the same set, it is not used to define a set in general. The Shadragon set does not have that option because it is ceremonial meaning it doesn't give stats, not because it's not a "real set."
Another lil-tiny-itsy-bitsy bug in the image above too, besides the not-so-crystal-clear "shadragon set": it seems we have a "corsair shadragon harness" in game too, a crossbreed, maybe, between corsair and shadragon harnesses?

Corsair Shadragon Harness is just the full name of the item.

[/quote]
Well, that, they do not exist; or, if they exist, they should include harnesses too by simple logic, cuz, as a general rule, they aren't many sets in game that exclude from the sets themselves an item bearing the set name in the item name. (Among the very few and not so very logical exceptions to this rule are: Aerdala/ Akwadala/ Feudala/ Terrdala/ Crocodyl Chief Shiled. For (almost?!) everything else, I think, if a set is named, for example, "Blablabla Set", and an item contains "Blablabla" in its name, then said item is part of "Blablabla Set".)

It's not simple logic if you ask me, never in the history of Dofus has a mount been a part of a set. It is Shadragon set + Shadragon Harness because they are part of the same theme.

Paxifix|2019-02-16 01:46:15
Hey bohemia, I just want to show some appreciation for your asking all these questions. I also think the description in the news wasn't exactly crystal clear, and when real money is involved, obviously one wouldn't want to just guess and hope for the best. Asking for clarification is reasonable, logical, and also helpful. Thank you! happy

Your presence on the forums is appreciated by many people, myself included. Getting clarification on odd phrasing =/= a bug. Don't let your faith in the company die because you took an acknowledgement of your feelings as aggressive...
Nobody is forcing you to spend money on the game, you can, and have been able to sustain subscription via ogrines bought with in game kamas for a long time. It is entirely your decision to spend lots, or no money on the game. 

Also for future reference, when it comes to Ceremonial items, a set consists of a hat/cape/shield. A harness may be included as part of the theme, but it is not part of the set.

Edit: I am having a lot of trouble with the quoting mechanic xD sorry, I'll try to fix it.
5 -4
Respond to this thread