FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DOFUS Retro News

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - September 12, 2019, 15:00:00
AnkaTracker

Last week we unveiled our plans for DOFUS Retro and held a survey to choose the name of the new server. Find out which name won and more information about the DOFUS Retro version!

We've reserved a welcome gift for you if you come and play on Nabur! Yes, that is the name you chose for the new DOFUS Retro server. And if you're planning on playing DOFUS Retro, swing by this page* to claim your gift: a Gobtubby and its Hippi-Ho.

For the occasion, we're also going to add 10 packs consisting of a pet and its Hippi-Ho to the boutique.  At your request, the boutique will be available from the server's first day with products that can be bought using ogrines. However, the KE will not be available on the DOFUS Retro servers.

Many of you have requested artificial star generation. We won't be able to do it, alas. But since the server will be open in-house for our testing needs, that will create natural star growth that we are not going to delete.

Finally, if you're already playing on Eratz or Henual, you will need to verify how many characters you have because, as a reminder, the number of characters available on all DOFUS Retro servers is limited to 5 in all, even if you've bought character slots on DOFUS 2.x.

See you on Nabur starting on September 24!

*EDIT > Only until Sunday, September 22, at 23:59 (CEST) !
First Ankama intervention

Replying to GMONTEIROFERNANDES

Thanks for your comment! Actually we're working on it and we hope it'll be fixed today... we'll keep you posted!

See message in context
Reactions 34
Score : 2

Why is the link redirecting to the home page?

0 0

Thanks for your comment! Actually we're working on it and we hope it'll be fixed today... we'll keep you posted!

Score : 377

Why so much focus on dofus 1.29 and not "new" dofus, your release cadence for new stuff is slower than f2p games. If its new stuff its for the temporis server which not everyone plays.

edawrdkung|2019-09-12 15:31:28
They saw that classic WoW got a lot of attention, so they think they can too with their 20 playerbase 

Sad but true.
2 -3
Score : 3006

They saw that classic WoW got a lot of attention, so they think they can too with their 20 playerbase 

3 -3
Score : 454

i mean their are a lot of players who play 1.29 including myself cause i kinda quit playing the newest version and having so much fun on the older version of the game. Ankama could have capitalized on the server rather then putting usless orgins items in the shop when they open the servers again because of how popular it was but then said they wasnt going to do improvements on the game or allow the special holiday events which in the long run shot them in the foot. the server is still really active. I might play on the retro server but not as much since i grinded a lot on the eratz server. I was hoping for ankama to just update the game with quality of life and hopefully them adding some features like color change and some UI or interaction quality of life but it seems like ankama is not going to do that.

2 0
Score : 625

They are giving the game a lot of QoL updates. Cant find the post but there was a list of 10 fairly major changes including inbuilt tactical mode. 

They cant make changes to 1.29 easily. This isnt because of people wanting 1.29 to stay the exact same, its because 1.29 is horribly outdated and poorly coded. Its extremely hard for them to add anything. Like server transfers are impossible right now. 

Thats the main reason 2.0 existed in the first place. Recreating the game in such a way that they can make changes a lot easier. If you want 1.29 but demand changes, thats not 1.29.  Just play 2.0. 

I wish they didnt do 1.29 at all and did a 1.29 revamped with the current engine, or something along those lines. Recreate it in 2.0 like they did before but keep true to the elements of 1.29 that people wanted the most like the graphics and the slow pace of the game. This would take a lot more effort than a new 1.29 server so its understandable they wont do it, considering almost no one plays 1.29 compared to 2.0. 

3 0
Score : -11

Was looking for the page for someone and holy;

all the english players crying about this announce, meanwhile they are all subscribed

0 -1

im happy about a new server it just sucks that all the grinding that i done on the original 1.29 server wont be transfer. it just sucks that Ankama really didnt give the support the server deserved in the first place. i play 1.29 all the time and i kinda stopped playing the 2x version of the game. I was really hoping for a lot of quality of life improvements to be honest. but not much of the english community plays 1.29. I just hope Ankama give more support to 1.29. 

0 0
Score : 34

*waits for mono 1.29*

1 -1

I dont think a mono server for 1.29 will happen but the game is playable solo accounting. 

1 0
Score : 4

Some key information is missing. What time on the 24th will it open? and will Nabur have x2 xp/drop rates during the 1st week like it usually happens with new servers?

0 0
Score : 663

Hay everyone!

youbutsu, Youbelieve and now a days Ling-Ling here. I'm writing this post to send a shout to all the oldies' from our 2004-2009 days on the international servers Rushu, Rosal, Shika, Solar and Zatoishwan but most of all Impsvillage that isn't already playing 1.29 (trust me, we're a growing number by the day). But also the people I knew on Jiva (god I hope someone from Mugen-Kumi sees this) and Djaul (which I still know and play with ^__^). Of course I'm still here, and with many others. Our communities on these 1.29 servers are solid as hell, and I have a good feeling that Nabur will become the greatest. I'll probably lurk around and get level 200 in 10 years or so as well.

The thing is, the name or this new server pretty much symbolizes what our "mixed" communities on these servers actually are. You can go on "vacation" for a year or 10 (kids, carrieers; studies and jobs, spouses, health, life - real life events) and be sure someone you knew is still there nerd'ing around. We notice who sticks around so even if we're from different communities, we know we'll eventually know each others and learn more about; basically everything. Pretty cool thing with all the different backgrounds from all around the world, heh. Ok, I can elaborate this so much. Urban gets my thumbs up even though I personally voted Retro. I failed the anagram idea because I was so focused on what wasn't even my own idea rolleyesph34rrolleyes. Nabur is way better. Democratic too, wow.

What makes me so certain that Nabur and the sister servers are a success project from Ankamas part?

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

I've been around here since 2005 and you probably remember why Hotel California should be my signature melody. It's definitely in the top and also my kind of genre. Most of all, Ankama knows. I've been openly criticising them a lot since Dofus 1.27 (2007?) and sometimes they've listened. Sometimes they haven't. Sometimes, they've had funny ways of shutting me up. This one is the best. Anyway, I've always been here and so has many others. A majority of them on these 1.29 servers. I know plenty on the 2.x servers as well. All of you know this version will win in the long run ^___^. You might as well give up a while and come on over.

We don't know who's in lead of this new focus on 1.29 (it's been out since 2010) but we highly appreciate it. To the entire team working on this: You're doing it right! Awesome job. All of us on INT agree, and those who don't; are liars, liars panties on fiars. We're a working community and we're enjoying it. It's a working and solid concept and we feel apart of it for the first time since a very long time. Ankama has not only started listening to us, they also started to think beyond our requests and expectations.

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

I've noticed you've been playing on Eratz and Henual and got the vibe. I also have a feeling you're doing exactly what I told you to do (looks at Ling) and is looking closer then we know. This makes me very satisfied. Finally we're on the same page, and you're doing it better then we could have anticipated. I know an honest and respected guy that could CM for you, for free. He's got the requirements and knowledge needed to do it, and he could most likely do it from home. No, I don't mean me. Actually, I could nominate plenty others. Maybe it's better if you take care of it the way you like. You've got it.

Dogo boj Ankama.

XxRamboPLxX: I challenge you to level 200 on Nabur before 2025!
3 0
Score : 178

I'll be back! Along with my usual RL team of 5 other guys! Are you making a guild youb?

0 0
Score : 38

Are the Quality of Life changes that were announced on June gonna be implemented when Nabur launches? I wouldn't play 1.29 any other way. I've been trying to play for a while but it's really annoying to run 6 accounts without seeing the character's name on the window.

0 0
Score : 234

@Calineczka yes please, mono 1.29 server

1 -1
Score : 1

Btw will you fix NO_SERVER_ADDRESS for retro dofus? a lot of ppls have this issue and still no solutions =(

0 0
Score : 38

I was going to start playing on Henual but I've finally decided I'll wait until Nabur launches to create my 6-man team (because honestly 8 is too much). Can't wait!

0 0
Score : 663

-Revoke|2019-09-14 04:32:59
I'll be back! Along with my usual RL team of 5 other guys! Are you making a guild youb?

Not me but my guildees are smile. I'm not going Nabur afterall. I remain on Henual <3.
0 0
Score : 4

Does this mean our characters and items on Eratz will be transferred to Nabur? or we start over?

0 0
Score : 4389

start over

0 0

can i move my current Dofus 2.x char to the Retro server when its up and running?
and just so you know i dont care if i cant go back to 2.x

0 0
Score : -1947

That would not work.
And nobody wants that.
All will be born very young in this new world.

1 0
Score : 165

So everybody on Nabur will be starting with nothing or is there x2 xp and loot?

0 0
Score : 15

Nothing, as it should be. Welcome to dofus, or well i guess not since it's gonna be overrun by bots (multi enu teams) laugh

They did say they might do a 2x further along the line but not for the first weeks for sure

0 0
Score : 165

So I am playing on Eratz and everything is over maged with extra AP and MP, is Hanuel the same? I am really looking forward for Nabur to start fresh.

0 0
Score : 3

Man! It's gonna be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to start over all the way from the beginning.

0 0

Are you considering a solution to the Server problem? To enter the game, but we can not enter the game within the fee we paid. The charge we're giving is wasted. I got kicked out of the game twice this day and I'm still waiting for my turn. Please put yourself in our shoes. Do something. I do not want to remove forever from our lives because of these reasons we miss the longing dofus.

0 0
Score : 284

And if you're planning on playing DOFUS Retro, swing by this page* to claim your gift: a Gobtubby and its Hippi-Ho.

Still have not fixed this link.

0 0
Respond to this thread