FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DOFUS Retro: Additional Details

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - September 19, 2019, 16:00:00
AnkaTracker

While our team is rushing to the finish line, we have some news for you about DOFUS Retro.

YouTube
Manage Cookie Preferences

When will DOFUS Retro Launch?

DOFUS Retro will open Tuesday, September 24 in the afternoon (CEST).

Servers

We had to reevaluate our plans for the number of servers on DOFUS Retro’s opening day. Five servers will be available from the get-go:

• Nabur
  • Arty
  • Algathe
  • Hogmeiser
  • Droupik :)

There will not be a new poll about their names.

But you told us you couldn’t merge servers!

In a previous article we explained that we couldn’t merge servers or transfer characters to another server. While we still can’t transfer characters, we decided to reprioritize projects and allocate some time to develop a solution that will allow us to merge DOFUS Retro servers. This technical feature won’t be available at the launch, however, so some patience might be required.

We told you that “a good gaming experience over the long term is more important than current hype” and stand by that, but we are currently expecting a large number of players, and the waiting line would be unacceptable if we didn’t adjust our priorities to develop server merging.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to manage some mechanics during the merge.  To reduce side effects, we have decided to proactively deactivate these until we merge the servers:

• You won't be able to buy houses.
  • You won't be able to use sheds and paddocks, and won’t be able to breed mounts.
  • You won't be able to activate merchant mode.*

Additionally:

• Marriages will be cancelled during the merge.
  • Duplicate names for characters and guilds will be modified by adding the name of the original server.

These mechanics are considered “advanced” and should not impact your experience during the first few weeks.

What about the Kralov?

While reprioritizing our projects, we decided that we would allocate some time to change the Kralov opening mechanics, making it very difficult to exploit it for power leveling. Once this fix is deployed, a character will have to have a specific quest active to be on the map. If a character doesn’t, they will be transported out of the map. This fix will also be deployed on Eratz and Henual, and we will pay special attention to this area until the fix is deployed so as to avoid abuse. 

EDIT from 25/09/2019
* The previous version of this news didn't mention this point. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this memory lapse.

First Ankama intervention

Eratz and Henual will get the update to Retro, but will not be merged to the new servers, due to them being around for quite a while and having the systems, which would cause trouble during a merge, active. Also, as mentioned before, a character transfer on 1.x servers is not possible. High levels will stay there, while Nabur & co will have a fresh start and experience for everyone.

As to when the merge will happen, it will be depending on the demand and when the initial hype ebbs enough, so one server can handle the traffic.

See message in context
Reactions 30
Score : 89

I was planning on staying up all night just reserving names now it will be ruined by a server name next to it GG

0 0
Score : 2217

^ Probably healthy xD
I really do like how Ankama is listening to the players. Even if the kralove spam prevention quest somehow doesn't work, they're trying! A+ Ankama!

2 0
Score : 1262

x2

1 0
Score : 490

I hope Eratz and Henual won't be included with a future server merge? Cuz that would defeat the purpose of having a fresh start...

0 0
Score : 3369

Will the current naming scheme be used for the Retro server(s)? or will the original naming scheme of Dofus be available? meaning more than one Upper/lower case letter in character name etc?

0 0
Score : 79

I hope that the retro server will limit the ap and mp to 12/6. Eratz and Henual should keep their mechanics and retro should be an improved version of 1.29. And please before updating anything make a poll for the community so we can agree on updates.

1 -1
Score : 987

5 new servers may be a little too much,  there are two 1.29 servers up for years and the second one never got to be much active.
In my opinion any huge waiting line is much more acceptable than nicknames getting modified.
Please, since you know these servers are getting merged soon, why not make all nicknames unique across all servers??

1 0
Score : 6

Don’t allow transfers 200s coming in 14/6 over here in a toady

0 0
Score : 165

Im a bit confused, of someone can answer these questions I'll appreciate it.
Will all these 5 servers be accessable the same way Eratz and Hanuel are? Or in another way do o download 2.52 or 1.29 version?
Is Nabur a new server that has zero of everything while the other 4 listed above existing servers that will merge later?
Thanks

0 0

'Dofus 1.29' is going to be called 'Dofus Retro', Eratz and Henual is going to be part of Dofus Retro too.
You will be able to access Nabur and others servers in the same way you access Eratz/Henual, if you have one character on Eratz and one on Henual, you may create other 3 characters on those new servers.
First they were going to release only one new server called Nabur, but now they are going to release Five(listed above ) new servers from 0 and mage them later.
As far as I know characters from Eratz/Henual won't be able to transfer into those new servers.

0 0
Score : 51

"These mechanics are considered “advanced” and should not impact your experience during the first few weeks." Can I assume from this that the merge will take place at least after the first few weeks? I bet people will be ready to go for breeding at least in 2 weeks.So it would impact their experience after that.

0 0

Eratz and Henual will get the update to Retro, but will not be merged to the new servers, due to them being around for quite a while and having the systems, which would cause trouble during a merge, active. Also, as mentioned before, a character transfer on 1.x servers is not possible. High levels will stay there, while Nabur & co will have a fresh start and experience for everyone.

As to when the merge will happen, it will be depending on the demand and when the initial hype ebbs enough, so one server can handle the traffic.

Score : 89

And what about character names? We will have messy dead server names next to our character when we know we're merging them anyways? Unique name matters to a lot of people

0 0
Score : 1

5 servers is too much. Anyway which server is for ENG community?

0 0
Score : 1262

there is no "ENG" server, but a lot of the Under The Edge guild (on both Eratz and Henual) are heading to Hogmeister.  You can get more details by way of discord: https://discord.gg/5PSasY2

1 0
Score : 4

My friends and (from America/Canada) are planning on heading to Hogmeiser as well so you can expect there to be plenty of english speaking players there. See y'all on tuesday smile

0 0
Score : 22

So guys, is it Nabur or Hogmeiser..?

0 0
Score : 8

a question.. how do you download it ? do i need to download the dofus 1.29 from the amakna launcher? or just wait till the 24th ? 

0 0
Score : 458

Is there any chanche that you will add 2.0 features like dungeon teleport, gps potion or meybe idols? Because is not you would better not launch this Dofus retro in my opinion we alredy have Eratz and Helnual

0 -1
Score : 2047

can you update ankama shop to reflect what is available to dofus retro? services?

0 0
Score : 1

Is the community on these servers will be international or do we have to be part of the french community to log into it ?

0 0

They still can't merge servers but don't worry they will work on that! They don't need to merge anything because the server didn't launch yet... but don't worry... they are going to release 5 servers... because... because... ???? wait???? what????

0 0
Score : 25848

They are making 5 servers to accommodate the possibility of massive number of players trying out the retro server... When the server lag get stabilized and players are having the feeling of lack of player number, they might consider merging. You know, the usual.... been there, nothing new to see here.... Dofus in IV drift.

0 0
Respond to this thread