FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Kam and Tot event boss too hard or bugged?

By I-Am-Turtle - SUBSCRIBER - October 20, 2019, 03:44:40
AnkaTracker

After grueling through this event to get some much needed nostalgia in the form of a very impressive ornament, I have encountered an extremely hard boss fight preventing me from obtaining what I sought out to get. I was excited to see some solo player love in the form of little to no boss/large mob fights to progress in this event, but upon entering the fight I was faced with an overwhelming amount of damage and hp to have at. After many attempts and many questions answered by good twelveians I have a good understanding of how the fight works. 

The fight:
Get Kam and Tot locked within 2 cells of each other so Kam takes all of Tot's ap and prevents him from doing anything, leaving only Kam to be dealt with. Repeat this until Kam reaches a set amount of ap, removing his invulnerable status. 
The issue:
The amount of ap required for Kam to remove his invulnerable status seems to be absurdly hard, rng reliant, or bugged. Friends have told me Kam will remove his invulnerable status at 50-60 ap. However, the rare stories have been heard of 200+ ap and still no invulnerable status removed. I have managed to survive getting Kam to 170 ap and still have him be invulnerable when he kills me.

So, is anyone else encountering this perceived issue or is the fight itself just too hard for your casual players?

3 0
First Ankama intervention

Good morning, everyone. smile
As off this morning, Kam and Tot's HP and damage are reduced. Additionally, Kam is more efficient when it comes to managing his spells. 

See message in context
Reactions 22
Score : 1485

I don't have an ivory dofus, watched an eni with an ivory dofus and 50/50% air/water res, simply walk through like it was gob dung... I killed Kam twice now, but tot loves jumping at me and doing amazing damage right when I was about to focus on it. Yeah, think I have to pay for a range/dmg set to beat it, sucks, wasted hours on this questline.

2 0
Score : 744

Agreed, looking at purchasing air/water res gear just to be able to complete the fight. Not everyone has access to gear to complete this kind of content, and it's very disheartening when that's the sum of an "all player friendly" event.

2 0
Score : 48

Do not lock Kam when he gets around 60 ap cuz if locked he seems to not use the spell which takes off invulnerable state.

1 0
Score : 744

I tried that as well, but it's very unreliable.

0 0
Score : 163

I'm struggling as well... feeling more than a little frustrated with the final fight. 

1 0
Score : 195

Guys, if you can survive it until the second phase.
You can kill Tot with release.
This way he takes damage but you won't give him the ap he wants to kill you.

Just a friendly tip for those who are struggling :0

1 0

Good morning, everyone. smile
As off this morning, Kam and Tot's HP and damage are reduced. Additionally, Kam is more efficient when it comes to managing his spells. 

Score : 4415

Good afternoon, 
Thank you for making the fight a bit easier for us noobs! 
I have another problem now though... Even if Kam has almost 70AP, he doesn't become vulnerable. 
Am I missing something else? 

1 0

Around that ap you have set them almost next to each other. That help for me.

0 0

Still struggling mellow

Currently been trying on my sram, and it's just not happening for me... is it possible to do without Ivory?

0 0
Score : 673

Yes it is, my gf done it before nerfs with res around 25% no Ivory, no dokoo,no silver. Just kait.  u can hit tot with poison/pb dmg so he doesnt get ap

1 0
Score : 1

I cant even beat 1 boss.  I have around 40% res in both air and water.  By the time I get Kam to down to 7000 hp I have 400hp left.

Any advice besides buying ivory?

0 0

Tot wont hit you until de second phase. So dont hit him. What really helped me was the emerald dofus. The 400 shield is lovely every turn. I also summed a lot so kam would spread his damage over me and mine summoms. You can cheese the second phase with pushback damage from release.

0 0
Score : 595

This is basically how it works, however even in 2nd phase if you position Tot and Kam correctly so that Kam starts reaaaly close to Tot, Tot will not have enough ap to do anything but pass, therefore keep them close until Kam dies, pushing Tot away from time to time in order to setup a bigger damage turn.

0 0

I think I will give up... sad

0 0

Awh, I know how you feel... I was only able to do on my feca, I doubt I will be able to do on any of my other characters. sad 

Have you watched some of the fights people are doing? Maybe you can pick up some tips.

1 0

ShadowOfDeath|2019-10-23 06:35:57
Yes it is, my gf done it before nerfs with res around 25% no Ivory, no dokoo,no silver. Just kait. I heard that u can hit tot with poison so doesnt get ap

I did on my feca, without Ivory. BUT, of course... she has shields. Not sure how I can on my other characters. What class was your girlfriend's character?

ShadowOfDeath|2019-10-23 06:35:57
Yes it is, my gf done it before nerfs with res around 25% no Ivory, no dokoo,no silver. Just kait.  u can hit tot with poison/pb dmg so he doesnt get ap

How did she survive Kam? Because Kam kept finding me even when invisible.

0 0
Score : 673

she was hupper, so not the best and not the worst class for this fight. 

1 0
Score : 595

Just killed it on my 199 Panda, Str set, Filthipint + Debauchery, garbage resists + no shield, dokoko/emerald dofus.
My set is a mess but honestly pandawa is just so good at these sorts of fights.
In general for any class you need to take all of the heal/shield/dmg reduction that you can, and if you are lucky enough to have a steal spell you gotta use it as a source of additional health. You gotta have a lot of vitality if you are going the % heal route -> dokoko and other % heals scale off your health.

Also if your class has summons they are really good damage soakers as Kam likes to focus them most of the time.
As others have said do not hit Tot until Kam is vulnerable - this is the phase 2. But try to keep Tot as close as humanly possible to Kam so he is only invulnerable for up to 6-7 turns maximum so you don't die of erosion.
Tot hits from FIRE whenever he is at 50 AP so if you can afford some % fire resistance it will make kiting him a piece of cake. Alternatively you can just pop a shield/dmg reduction so he does not hit you like a truck.

Also for phase 3 - Kam is dead and Tot is alive - you need to stay at least 8/9+ squares from Tot so he cannot TP to you/your summons. and he can tp thru walls just not the 8 range i think he only has like 4-5 range on the spell itself it just adds with his 4 MP.

0 0

I finally managed to do this fight, thank you for making it easier! 

1 0

I also finally did it. Thanks for making it a bit easier smile

0 0
Respond to this thread