FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The DOFUS Updater Is Going Away!

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - October 28, 2019, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

After many years of loyal service, the DOFUS Updater will be retiring on October 29! You may wonder: "What's going to happen?" The answers are here!

What's Going to Happen?

On October 29, the DOFUS Updater will go away. No games will be accessible through this tool. You'll need to use the Ankama Launcher instead.

What is the Ankama Launcher?

Ankama Launcher is a multi-game portal that brings together all our PC titles, allowing you to go from one to another with ease. DOFUS, DOFUS Retro, WAKFU, KROSMAGA, and WAVEN are already available on this portal.

Also, the Ankama Launcher will allow you to avoid certain bugs encountered with the Updater.

Details About the Launcher:

To install the launcher, you'll need the configuration below or better:

Is your computer configuration worse than the above? Not to worry – you can still play the game by using a workaround.

• For Windows: https://download.dofus.com/zip/win/
  • For Mac: https://download.dofus.com/zip/mac/

What Should We Do?

If you're already using Ankama Launcher, you don't have to do anything.

If you're still using the Updater, you'll need to take the following steps(Windows):

• Start by uninstalling the Updater and the DOFUS game:
    Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> search for DOFUS and click Uninstall.
  • To install the new launcher, visit this link.
  • Once the launcher has finished installing, just install your games and you're done!

/!\ The location of the Launcher installation cannot be changed. Only the game's location can be changed afterwards.

More Information:

You installed the launcher but it still won't work?

1. Consult the FAQ for a broad list of issues players have experienced.
  2. If your issue isn't on the FAQ, please try contacting our Ankama Support team.

Beta Access:

You will also no longer be able to access the beta version of DOFUS from a third-party updater.

You can download the beta directly from the Ankama Launcher in three simple steps:

1. Go to the "Options" menu of the Ankama Launcher,
  2. Click on the "Versions" tab, and
  3. Check the "Display other versions" box.
A small arrow will appear at the bottom of the DOFUS logo; the beta version will appear once you click on it.

Have fun, everyone!

Ankama intervention 2

The download links for the workaround are now available in the news.

See message in context
Reactions 67
Score : 225

I'm actually quite annoyed to see the old launcher going. There's one major issue why I don't use the Ankama launcher, and that's because of memory leaks. I can't play for more than 30 minutes to an hour without having to restart my game because of it.

8 0
Score : 51

old launcher will always be bae, forcing me to use a new launcher that i will literally only use for dofus is beyond annoying. it'll have the same purpose as the old launcher. why not just leave the launcher as is? there are 0 problems with it unless a player wants to play wakfu or something, in which case they can install the new launcher.

i just want simple stuff sad

4 0
Score : 3997
Is your computer configuration worse than the above? Not to worry – you can still play the game by using a workaround.

You mention that there's a workaround, but I don't see it anywhere in this post. Could you tell us more about that?
3 0
Score : 445

It's a link in one of the (many) places giving ways to fix the (many) problems with the new launcher:  https://download.dofus.com/zip/win/ 

It allows you one client each time you open it, but there's no way to change the language from French... let me know if you find otherwise!?

I contacted support about the launcher (which isn't working for me) and I'm 99.9% certain they didn't bother to read my message fully - waste of time - followed by the instruction that I post on the forum so that others can solve the problem for them. Nice touch!

1 0
Score : 73

Why are you trying to force the new launcher down our throats? I have tried using the new one multiple times but it just keep leaking memory and crashing my game after a bit of playing. I have no issues playing on 6-8 clients with the old launcher at all.

3 0
Score : 67

Is there not a way to open the client without it automatically logging you into the account the launcher is linked to?

3 0
Score : 13421

absolutely shameful that this is being shoved out to meet an arbitrary deadline with major issues reported and unresolved (see.the seperate forum they pushed all the launcher discussion to)

4 0
Score : 30

can you still mutli log with this new system?

2 0
Score : 141

What the f? This is so stupid sleep

4 0
Score : 22

Why is there no support for the Russian language in the Ankama Launcher?

1 0
Score : 935

Keep the updater please..

2 0
Score : 117

Shit update. Very annoying for players when logging in. At least make some mechanism that allows players to open up multiple clients simultaneously

5 0
Score : 755

Once again, as it happened with many changes recently, so far nobody likes this, and once again like they showed us through the years, you can bet your ass ankama doesn't care. It's like the past few years they don't even care about the players anymore.

5 0
Score : 182

I always play using Steam version of Dofus. Then I open additional clients with the common launcher. Now it says I need higher version of the launcher when I try to open it via Steam but there is no update or anything. Any ideas what to do?

Edit.
Why is Ankama Launcher installing in AppData without a possibility to change that? Come on...

6 0
Score : 755

Also question, how do I turn off the option for ankama launcher to log me into the game automatically? I went through the settings, and the only options I found were setting it to log me to character selection, to server selection or directly into game. What if I just don't want it to log me? what if I want to log manually? help please

2 0
Score : 29

ther is a problem in my launcher,just a black screen ,help please

2 0
Score : 938

Awful launcher. Christ, just allow us to use the old one as well. The new launcher lacks the function of logging multiple clients with Ctrl + #; it also instantly logs you into that one account you're logged on .. why? The old launcher was better in every way, some would argue even the aesthetic. I don't see a single function in which the new launcher serves better. Takes longer to log in, longer to open multiple accounts, instantly logs into your account without giving you the option to turn that off.

Who benefits from this? This is just an annoyance to just about everyone playing this game.

EDIT: In hindsight, no clue why I even commented. It's Ankama. As always, they'll pretend the launcher is better, despite the players saying it isn't. Yeah, listen to your ego instead of the veterans that know the game incomparably better than you do. All it would take is admitting an honest mistake and moving back to the old launcher until the new one is actually done, not the pathetic excuse for a launcher we're stuck with now. No one minds change, it's just that none of us enjoy being forced to switch to an inferior launcher that was rushed into existence and shoved down our throats.

Swallow your ego, admit the mistake, let us use the old launcher until the necessary functions on the new one are correctly implemented. It's not hard to just admit a mistake and move back a step. Please.

11 0
Score : 6321

I don't like the new launcher either, but for what it's worth the ctrl + # shortcut to launch clients is there. The first client autologs your primary account, the second brings you to the login page.

4 0
Score : 6321

The Ankama Launcher is really slow to launch. The Uplauncher came up pretty much instantly, and boom you're launching clients ready to go. The Ankama Launcher is painfully slow to boot and generally feels sluggish and not fun to navigate. I've also had it crash on me once during regular browsing, with no error message or anything... The process just died but it was at a completely random moment and only once :/

This is all compounded by the fact that the Dofus client itself takes ten million years to launch these days. I thought this was changed in a recent update, but I personally have not felt anything get faster in the last year.

Frankly I feel like creating your own launcher ecosystem is not the best use of your team's resources.Steam exists, already has your games on it, already has the built-in messaging and IM system that you're probably trying to create right now, is regularly used by most of your players already, and provides numerous advertising opportunities to potential new players looking for this kind of MMO experience.

4 0
Score : 29

Fix Steam launcher its still in the old version (2.53.09 version)

2 0
Score : 1861

Well the Steam launcher won't even open Dofus now, thanks for that, so much for keeping things tidy and all in one place. Ankama you should have learnt your lesson with the stupid authenticator shizz. No one asked for it, no one wants it. If you didnt want to reach a wider audience by going with Steam, why take that option away from us now?

6 0
Respond to this thread