FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The DOFUS Updater Is Going Away!

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - October 28, 2019, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements
Reactions 67
Score : 145

No steam support anymore? That's quite upsetting.
Are there any plans to fix that?

11 0

Hey there,

thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work on the issues with the Ankama Launcher. As you might be aware, the old updater also had a lot of issues, like the 50% issue, which could only be solved using the new Launcher. 

We are sorry, but at the moment it is unlikely for the Launcher to be available in Russian.

Regarding the workaround, we apologize for the missing link. We will provide it to you, as soon as it is available. 

Score : 2340
3 0
Score : 73

Geesh, everyone needs to calm down and be patient. They are working on it give them a little time.... 

0 -2
Score : -4035

Not to put more wood on the fire, but ...

Like they say: a picture is better than 1ooo words. pensive

We, players, are the customers of this company named Ankama.
Most of us pay, more often or more rarely, to this company, either buy buying subscription (packs), cosmetics, consumables, booster (packs), etc etc etc.

I don't find it fully nor properly professional to force all of us to use the new launcher ... which seems to be in BETA !!!???!!!???!!!??? Are you guys serious? Are you for real?
It is like forcing patients to take pills which aint got their lab tests done yet; or like forcing people to move in a building which aint got even the resistance structure fully designed and built yet; or like forcing GMO products into supermarkets and therefor on consumers' throats without proper studies on long term use and effects.
Not to mention that, from the problems that have been signaled so far, the company hasn't even fully prepared this forced switch to the new launcher:
  • - no "workaround" way for those with older computers;
  • - no properly clear way of dealing with Steam users;
  • - giving people no options, on either they want to use this new thinggie or not; I don't even remember a survey done on it?
  • - they have been signaled plenty of issues before by those who have ventured to try the new launcher thinggie before, and it is obvious that most of those things not only that they haven't been fixed for the "official-forcing-down-our-throats", but probably they haven't even been addressed yet, cuz if they had, it would have been crystal clear that you guys need more time to come with a decent product for us, the players, who are your company's customers.

[ EDIT : ]
  • - attempt no 1 : disconnected in less than 5 min, while logged on a single character;
  • - attempt no 2 : after dc, I'v let the launcher connect me back, and went to do some stuff around home; over 20 mins later, still not connected back; still, only trying to log and to play with a single unique solely character;
  • - attempt no 3 : okish, but was short, just 30-60 min, 1 char, mostly afk, doing stuff home;
  • - attempt no 4 : a) bug on perceptor fight (on my screen, all characters seemed lagged and not moving, fighters' list didn't load, just a line of blue squares; I had to relog, it took 40-60 secs, enough as to miss my turn and log just before my character's turn again, when she got killed); b) still laggish when entering bank, needing quite a bit of time to load bank content; c) intended bug with market place? there is no confirmation required via popup, if previous batch bough was of same thing, size and price; I was talking to sis, and I ended up buying almost a dozen of tens of things, instead of just a few tens of those things, cuz I thought I was bugged and the purchase wasn't going through, since there was no confirmation window for each batch bought;
  • - attempt no 5 : okish, was for 1-2 hrs, not doing anything special though;
  • - attempt no 6 : bug at loading a 4th client for Dofus; and no, I wasn't playing at the time other/s Aknama games from the BETA launcher; "remedy": close all clients, log off from launcher, close & exit launcher, then open, log, start again new clients in freshly opened launcher;

8 -1
Score : 13352
[Ankama]DOFUS|2019-10-29 11:51:10
Hey there,

thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work on the issues with the Ankama Launcher. As you might be aware, the old updater also had a lot of issues, like the 50% issue, which could only be solved using the new Launcher. 

We are sorry, but at the moment it is unlikely for the Launcher to be available in Russian.

Regarding the workaround, we apologize for the missing link. We will provide it to you, as soon as it is available.

While I can appreciate wanting to replace the launcher to fix those issues, forcing the new launcher to be the only option while it has more issues than the one it is replacing makes this statement a lousy excuse.
7 0
Score : 319

The reason I wasn't using the new launcher is because the particularly poor way memory leaks are handled causes my computer to crash. Compared to whatever 50% problem you are refering to which I never experienced, what you just forced me to endure is a lot worse.

Everything you do is handled by the excuse "we can't have two launchers" but did you ever think of that before you created a second launcher? The first is still more polished, and that's not really an oppinion. The new one LOOKS polished. If someone had ever taken the time to complete one and bugfix it, that would have been great, but I guess the Amanka way is just to create two horrible spaghetti codes and then stare at them for a long time like "Which one do you hate less?" without considering the intensity of memory leakage.

Also removing the "in beta" line from amanka launcher won't make it not a beta, before you try.

5 0

Since your update broke the ability for people to play the game, and the issues were known and avoidable by just delaying the forced transition, are you planning on crediting people subscription time until the issues are resolved, or should anyone impacted in this way contact their credit card company?

4 0
Score : 1644

I concur with my fellow players... The new launcher sucks, and we should not have been forced to use it!

One of my computers even suffers from what those on the boards are calling the "Black Screen" error, which means, though the computer easily meets all requirements, it is useless. I need this machine to run members of my team, thus cheating me out of my enjoyment. I have seen numerous complaints about this error. Why do you not fix it?

I do not want to play Wakfu, and think it should be dumped from your offerings. And, if I want to play classic Dofus, I can do that with a separate launcher anyway.

Finally, the holiday period was a ridiculous time to force us to switch, as now those of us with problems cannot take advantage of the limited events!

4 0

Dofus is no longer available on Steam.

https://imgur.com/GMimAt4

[Ankama]DOFUS|2019-10-30 16:59:29
Regarding the Steam issues, DOFUS is no longer available on Steam. You can follow this guide to turn your Steam account into an Ankama account.
6 0

Taking Dofus off Steam is just poor decision making.

I've uninstalled Dofus and the updater. 
I've unlinked my Steam account from my Ankama account.
I've certified my account - by providing my name, surname and address.

I've reinstalled, updated and repaired the Ankama Launcher. 

This is my configuration -
https://imgur.com/JNATKbV 
- but i can barely play, or stay connected.  

https://imgur.com/9kth0Qm 
 https://imgur.com/5a20CTf 
8 -1
Score : 4512

I guess I'm the only one that has actually had a better experience on Dofus ever since I started using the new laucher :d

I don't crash anymore, and I haven't had any problems using the new launcher :d

5 -1
Score : 2312

Sort of same for me. I still crash, but no more than on the updater. I can run 10+ accounts without any problems as long as I'm in creature mode, not sure why so many people are having problems with it.

1 0
Score : 89

So, let me get this right. You've two launchers - the old one and the new one. People, who were using the old one had the 50% loading screen issue, so now everyone is forced to use the new one?

This is a pretty crazy idea, but... have you perhaps thought about, I don't know, just having those players use the new launcher instead? They can use the new one to fix the loading issue, the rest can play a bug-free launcher while the new one is actually out of its god damn beta?

Who the hell is in charge of of your company?

Imagine having a roundtable discussion. Someone proposes they should force people to use the buggy, in-Beta launcher instead of having both available while the new one's completely fixed. How does no one have the brains to argue against that?

Beyond me how these people are employed there. Reminder to the players - there's people who are getting paid to make these shit decisions. I'd do a better job for free.

9 0

The download links for the workaround are now available in the news.

Score : 444

Is this one an English version... only that I downloaded it from a link on the (English pages of the) support site and the game was fully in French, with no obvious place to change the language mute

**update**: this version now doesn't work at all. Telling me I need to install Adobe Air, which I already had/have....

6 0
Score : 16

PLease return us the old one

1 0
Score : 2500

Who cares what launches the game? it works exactly the same really and you don't have to keep it open, just the game client.

0 -3

The people that care are the ones who can't actually play the game anymore because the launcher doesn't just work the same. But feel free to not read anything people have written.

2 0

Regarding the Steam issues, DOFUS is no longer available on Steam. You can follow this guide to turn your Steam account into an Ankama account.

4 0
Score : 1220

Thank you for the "Work around" But i cant find an option to play in english,it's all in french,please help wub

4 0
Score : 89

My first memory leak yesterday, looking forward to more!

1 0

There has been an update to the Launcher, to fix the issue for players on 32 Bit systems.

Regarding the black screen issue, PT players found a workaround. Before you try this, make sure the drivers of your system are actual. If this doesn't fix the issue already, try installing  Microsoft Visual Studio.

Score : 228

Ankama, I am an old player and I really have a lot of questions for you.
Have you solved the problem of braking over time with a new client? Every hour you have to restart the client; otherwise, loading between cards can take up to 2 minutes. Have you ever been to the 5.-1 zaap in the baragloth fields? Try teleporting there, loading for 2 minutes even on a clean client. Checked on 3 personal computers with different performance.
What about memory optimization? I play 4 windows and this is hell.
Are we kind of paying you money? Where is the service? Half of the raincoats in the game look as if the artist was drunk when he tried to put them on the model. In particular, living item. You put on a raincoat and when you turn the character the head jumps. And this list is far from complete. Instead, you are working a launcher. What for? why? (Sorry, I have poor English)

4 0
Score : 3213

Saw the headline and thought it meant that we would be able to start the game immediately, without any launcher in between. That would have been great.

I don't remember any major issues with the new launcher except that all launchers are annoying at best, but if the new launcher isn't working for everyone yet, it seems unwise, to say the least, to discontinue the old one. I hope you put it back up until everything is solved, so that we can all have a great weekend. happy

6 0
Respond to this thread