FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The DOFUS Updater Is Going Away!

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - October 28, 2019, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements
Reactions 67
Score : -1881
follow up - to whom it may concern (if to anyone, at all ... )
  • - attempt no 7 : I opened new Ankama launcher, it updated ... then it didn't want to start Dofus at all; fix for that: logging off, closing and reopening the Ankama launcher; followed by: starting Dofus, it loaded up to 100%, or at least this is what it said ... and it remained on that 100% thought, as trying to asses if I am 12 y.o. or higher by telepathy A.I. vs human... for at least 3 minutes; fix for this last issue: I logged off again, closed Ankama launcher, and started it again; finally, I manage to get in game, after about 2 minutes wait for dofusloadingwindowthinggie to go from 0 to 100% and actually start Dofus and get me in game, with a char on a map;
  • - attempt no 8 : I open the new Ankama launcher; no update, yay! first character takes under 2 mins to fully log & load some screen! then I try to log a few more ... disaster strikes! with each client I try to log, game gets laggier and laggier! not to forget, on each client opening/ loading/ logging a char, the other Dofus clients get lagged, well, as whole laptop gets laggier and laggier with each new Dofus client opened; I usually play with 4, sometime maybe 5 of mine; on this attempt, on trying to log a 4th, whole laptop got ultra laggy, game got heavily lagged, then it just stopped responding to any mouse click/ kb txt ; one client closed by itself, while still showing as running; it took me quite a lot of time to be able to close everything, since laptop was responding very slow at this point; as I was closing clients, game even got unresponsive, when I had one last client open; estimated time lost: 30 mins, at least; and, of course, last, but not least, nor less important: chat is still bugged ... so, trick or treat ?! anyone ?! at Ankama ?!
  • - attempt no 9 : okish, but I only used 2 accounts, for around an hour;
  • - attempt no 10 : I wanted to do dungeon rusher, with as many characters/ accounts at same time as possible (with old launcher, I had "only" the lag + the memo leak after playing for a while = 1- 2 hrs, when playing 4 or + accounts at same time); the same lag experienced during loading/ starting a new Dofus client, an overall lag on whole laptop, not just on Dofus/ Ankama windows; at 3rd account I was already seriously lagged, kindof hardish and annoyingish to play; at 4th acc ... poof! couldn't load/ start any more Dofus client;

[ to be continued ]
7 0
Score : 46

Today I was doing Drhossil dungeon 8 loot. After every wave spawns i can't move, attack or pass my turn. I need to log out 8 accounts every wave - it is really annoying so please get a fix for that

1 0

Did you get your to use spell/ ap or mp points, in pink text chat, as "team chat"? 
If so, that's a "common" and really old bug at least (couple of years, at least).

The "temporary" fix that I have found for that is to alt - tab to another Dofus client, then alt - tab back to the client where you have your turn.

I hope it will work for you too.

1 0
[ follow up, of my attempts to play Dofus on 4 - 5 clients like I used to be able ton my old laptop; ]
[ attempts carried through my sis' new laptop too ]

So, more attempts to play Dofus, at least as good/ bad as I was able to, before the Ankama launcher, then before the last patch :
  • 42 ' >>> 42 minutes needed to be able to log 5 accs on a laptop where I was able to do that just a lil while ago (before the mandatory, now, Ankama launcher),  only to see the  Dofus clients getting ultra laggy, lagging the laptop too, then becoming unresponsive, which required closing them all, which also took quite a lot of time;
  • How to uninstall Dofus (then Ankama launcher) ... then install them back ... (Windows) >>>  (at the time of writing this) the last 3 days (of 4 total) which I used mostly to try to install/ uninstall/ fix/ repair/ log in/ log out/ etc the Ankama launcher and Dofus itself, on 2 laptops, to see if I can play 5 mins with 4 -5 accounts minimum at same time, for the latest dungeon rusher; from that threat, I'd mention:
  1. over-lapping sound tracks, at more clients open, killing your hearing literally, if you happen to have your characters in different areas of the map, with different soundtrack each >>> CHECKED !!!
  2. unable to move at times/ use any ap or movement point, while your sad attempts to click random stuff to make it work fail (unless you know the "trick" to temporarily get out of it), having your spells/ ap or mp usage attempts shown in pink chat as 'team chat" >>> CHECKED  !!!
  3. unable to use "too many" accs at same time on a medium specs laptop >>> CHECKED !!!
  4. bugged chat, not showing last lines >>> CHECKED !!!

[ to be continued ]
2 0
Score : 445

I logged this morning and quickly did a quest [Launcher & Dofus 'worked']. I've just returned home from a busy day at work for MS Visual Studio to do some automated update and now....... THE BLACK SCREEN OF NO DOFUS is back! wub  Guess I'll go uninstall and reinstall and see if it fixes itself.

2 0
  • 2 nights ago, I was able to play for a lil while, but only with 3 accounts, and downgrading performance effects tralalalalala to most minimal;
  • last night, I couldn't even log a single account, and after attempting a few times and waiting around 10 minutes each time, I gave up;

(I was trying to play on sis' new laptop; while till before A. launcher and last few patches, I was able to play 4 - 5 accs at same time, med performance settings, on my old laptop)
1 0

Day No.2 and it's still not working for me wub

Side note; my employer spent a couple of million£ on some dysfunctional software once... déjà vu.

0 0

Last night: both Ankama lancher and Dofus launcher from with it needed quite some time to load fully.

• Trivia fact: Old Dofus launcher, as stand alone application, needed less time to load fully on my old laptop, than each of the 2 new launchers on sis' new laptop.
The Dofus thinggie loaded game till some random %, then it stopped loading any further. I closed the Dofus thinggie, and restarted it, once or twice. In the end, it kindof worked, but I only played 1 acc.
  • More trivia facts: During loading of both Ankama launcher, and Dofus launcher, and while the last one loads Dofus, laptop gets laggy and almost unresponsive.
  • After 1 hr or so of playing, alt-tab-ing through other non-Ankama stuff I got open on laptop gets laggy and even unresponsive at times, taking forever to load the window.
  • Chat is still bugged.
4 0

I definitely felt more laggy since the launcher - decided to only play 2 chars for most of it.

2 0
Score : 1085

Game starts lagging an awful lot after around one hour with four accounts open, I used to be able to play for a full day before any slowdowns occured.
This seems solely due to poor optimization for anyone wanting to play on more then one account, the sound also plays individually through all my account windows. The biggest causes seem to be the fight logs and chats running through seperately as well.

4 0

Still isn't working for me and support are 100% unsupportive. Guess I'll just keep paying my subs and not being able to access the product!

...if any players fancy putting on a French accent and helping me to fix the issue (pref. UK based), I'm totally up for adding you to my Xmas list.

6 0

Overall of the sad, pathetic, out-of-nightmare, worthy of a Chuckie doll horror movie theme, annoying, nerves skilled stretching and fine testing, patience killing, etc etc etc, last few days of my (our) Dofus experience, since the BETA Ankama launcher was imposed on us, even if it is obviously not ready to take fully over the old Dofus launcher : 

• random times for logging accounts/ characters,  from a few minutes to over half hour at times, for 1 - 3 accounts;
  • impossibility to play as many accounts at the same time as before (tests done with installing/ uninstalling Ankama launcher and Dofus, and attempts to use the "repair" function from it; test done on my old laptop and on my sis' new laptop);
  • having accounts running out of sub without being able to play them, since the amount of accounts I can play at the same time has reduced;
  • overlaping sound tracks, in case of having more than a client open;
  • chat is still bugged;
  • game still gets laggier and laggier, as the time from starting Ankama launcher and a/ some we Dofus client/s pass by, requiring log out from all accounts, closing all clients, closing Ankama launcher, and opening logging etc all again;
  • laptop gets laggier as time spent on Dofus passes by, alt-tabing to, for example, a Goggle Chrome window taking some seconds or even minutes, sometime even getting laptop and Dofus itself unresponsive;
  • memory leaks;
  • when logging off a/ some Dofus accounts and closing their respective launchers due to laggy game over time, it takes a long time (minutes, at times) till the respective clients close, then a few minutes more for the Ankama launcher to be able to "nottice" that they are less/ no Dofus clients open;
  • Doufs clients, and laptop overall, get laggy while starting a new Dofus launcher, logging out of one, or closing one;
  • unable to move/ use any mp/ ap points at all at times (at least a couple of years old bug ... );
  • unable to play more than 3 accounts at the same time, even with minimal graph etc options on a new laptop, while I was able to play up to 5 accounts at the same time with medium level of graph etc detail on an old laptop with the old Dofus launcher;
  • days when I see myself spending more than 90% of my Dofus "playing time" trying to find some fix, installing/ uninstalling/ using "repair", logging in/ out accounts and opening/ closing launchers (well, waiting for those actions to be performed);

Me, and many of other players, would really appreciate it if:
  • the old Dofus launcher would become available again, at least till the new Ankama launcher and Dofus lancher/ installer/ repair option from within it get fixed and offer a more decent and stable performance;
  • we get the REAL specs needed now for Ankama launcher + Dofus: is it I7 minumum, 8 GB RAM memory, good graph card, etc? at least, do let us know, so we stop trying to play it on laptops/ computers with "worse" specs;
  • we would get some sort of official announcement on how and when the affected players will be compensated and how for the massive malfunction of the game for over a couple of weeks, while our subs kept running out, even if we were hardly able to play at all in some days, while on others we had to be "satisfied" with playing less accounts on worse graph options (though, the ethical and moral thing would be to offer some compensation to all the accounts that were subbed since the Ankama launcher begun to be the only way to start playing Dofus);

[EDIT, November 15th]

InuzukaKiba|2019-11-12 18:12:15
Bohemia, are you using Windows Vista? Some of your screenshots have the Vista start menu icon.

The first post of the thread shows the Ankama Launcher's system requirements, which call for a minimum of Windows 7. It's no wonder you have such a massive list of issues running the software... Your computer is running a version of Windows that is over 10 years old and is no longer officially supported by Microsoft as of 2017.

If you are still running Windows Vista, you will continue to have problems with software besides Dofus going forward, with increased frequency. If you just like Vista and your current computer, that's great and all but you should expect that you'll continue to face compatibility issues with all kinds of software in the coming years if you continue to choose to not upgrade.

No, I am not using using Vista. I never had, cuz, if I remember well, Vista was known for being a huge resources eater, and for not being so stable.
Further more, lately I have confiscated sis' laptop and struggled to play with 4 accs at least, with no success. Sis' laptop has Win 10 Pro, so ...

Anyway, more of my titanic struggle to attempt to play at least 4 accs at same time, as I used to do with the old Dofus launcher :
  • some days ago, on top left of launcher, under my account name, there was written, in red, "offline" or something like that, and there was no option to play on bottom right, but only the option to "repair" Dofus; so, I have let it do whatever repair it wanted to do, and that only leaded to the same result: inability of playing more than 3 accounts at the same time;
  • in the last few days, after that "repair" thinggie, I can indeed log 4 accounts, I can even walk around few maps a few characters (I've tried with 4), but, as soon as I enter a fight with all 4, the game lags terribly, it gets unresponsive, and it makes even the whole laptop unresponsive and mega giga hyper slow to respond to anything at all, making me unable to use ap/ mp/ spells;
  • further more, I can not even close the Dofus clients from Options/ Log out or Exit game or whatever, I have to use the "X" on top left of windows, and even that, takes inceredibly long to perform the closing of those windows, while making whole laptop lag and be unresponsive; at times, not even that works, and I see myself with no other option to exit the game but to restart laptop;

Then, I am like ... puzzled? Unable to think what's Ankama's plan to fix all this, or if they even care at all to fix anything at all, or if they're even reading the forum, etc, seeing that last intervention of someone form Ankama on this thread was over a couple of weeks ago.

In this whole time, I have about half dozen accounts subbed, which I can not play; unless I contempt myself with playing just 1 or 2 accs at the same time, or I get very bold and play 3 with the afferent lag, memory leaks, and need to close and restart the game every hour or two.

I am still waiting to see if there shall be any compensation at all this ... other than few compensotokens or whatever ...

[Ankama]DOFUS|2019-10-30 18:59:29
Regarding the Steam issues, DOFUS is no longer available on Steam. You can follow this guide to turn your Steam account into an Ankama account.

[Ankama]DOFUS|2019-10-31 19:15:38
There has been an update to the Launcher, to fix the issue for players on 32 Bit systems.

Regarding the black screen issue, PT players found a workaround. Before you try this, make sure the drivers of your system are actual. If this doesn't fix the issue already, try installing  Microsoft Visual Studio.

6 0
Score : 6294

Bohemia, are you using Windows Vista? Some of your screenshots have the Vista start menu icon.

The first post of the thread shows the Ankama Launcher's system requirements, which call for a minimum of Windows 7. It's no wonder you have such a massive list of issues running the software... Your computer is running a version of Windows that is over 10 years old and is no longer officially supported by Microsoft as of 2017.

If you are still running Windows Vista, you will continue to have problems with software besides Dofus going forward, with increased frequency. If you just like Vista and your current computer, that's great and all but you should expect that you'll continue to face compatibility issues with all kinds of software in the coming years if you continue to choose to not upgrade.

0 0
Score : 2072

Today, I was forced to reinstall Dofus on my two MacBooks, and now one says that it cannot launch Dofus because Air is out of date. Yet, I have the latest version of Air, which I reinstalled twice already today! Please give us back the old system. This is soooooooo anoying. I still have black screen launcher on one of my computers running Windows 7, P4 3GHz, 4GB, 512MB vid. You had hoped to gain clients, but from all I have read, you are losing them. When I tell my students about Dofus, I am sure that they will not put up with this launcher nightmare. Take a deep breath, and think... say to yourselves, "The old system worked, so let's bring it back." OK?^^

Today, I set up the temp system, so no launcher. I do not have a problem playing in French, but it is annoying that updating is not possible. Can we get this system fixed, or returned to normal.... PPLLLLEEASSSE? ;-((

Now (two days later), the launcher starts, allowing me to open two windows. However, it quickly closes, which means I can continue to play, but if I change characters, such as for Almanax, I have to relog. I still have the black screen on the computer mentioned above, and now the new launcher installer does not even recognize that it is connected to the internet! So, I do not even know if it would solve the black screen! I continue to download the temp French versions for that computer, but it means I am limited to one account on that system. My gosh please just retire the launcher to beta testing, and try it again when all the bugs have been solved. I swear the population on Echo has decreased since the launcher was thrust upon us.

Update (about a week after the last one). I got the Mac launcher to work, finally, by manually deleting all files associated with "launcher", "Dofus" and "zaap". I still have the black screen problem on the aforementioned PC, which of course exceeds minimum system requirements quite nicely, so what is this damned bug? Something to do with the video card, Flash, what?

NOW, on a year-old MacBook (Catalina and all other software up to date!), the launcher says it will update and closes.... again....again..again...ad nauseam! Your launcher sucks! It is complete sh*t! I still have black screen on the other computer mentioned above too! Please go back to the old updater before you lose all your clients. Not working means not playing! Get it through your heads. I am doing a you a huge service by riding your asses on this!

I just got the launcher to work again by deleting it and reinstalling it.... Now, after today's update, I am back to the Adobe Air problem again! People, what used to be my joy has become my terror! I beg you to save us all by reinstating the old updater as a valid option. A nearly new and up-to-date MacBook Pro should not be the problem child! My old MacBook, the very first with a duel core, running Bootcamp and Windows 7 works fine with the launcher, though it has less memory and speed than the PC mentioned above as having the black screen problem. Bring back our simple updater... pretty please.

Wow, mid-December, and I am back to the incredible disappearing launcher on the MacBook, and nothing of the advice in the FAQ has worked to get the black screen solved on the P4 mentioned above. Therefore, I have started a petition to reinstate the old Updater!

http://chng.it/mG2rf5Qvp2

I will promote this link in other forums, and would appreciate your sharing it too. Let's make Ankama listen to us. Thank you.

BTW I am not in Sweden, but use a proxy to connect to Change.org, because the corrupt government here in Kazakhstan is afraid of social justice, even when it has nothing to do with them. ;-)

End of December. Back to the Adobe Air problem on the one-year-old MacBook. I am so facking sick of this shet! I now dread logging in each day. I am so stressed. I had been collecting info to create a D&D version of Dofus (rpd.fandom.com), but now it hurts my head to even think of Dofus. My relaxation has become my tragedy. Should I just quit playing Dofus, and instead find a more stable game? Things were fine before this facking Launcher!!!! Give me back the simple Updater till you have that piece of shet launcher working!!!!

Beginning of January, and still the same Adobe Air problem. Seems that Ankama does not want clients. I may not buy much from them, but I am a body filling the restaurant, making it look not quite so empty to passersby. When I stopped working on the wiki, its WAM dropped from ~400 to ~1000. I had planned on the project mentioned above, which would attract attention to all Dofus/Wakfu media, but if I cannot log in, why should I even think about Dofus?

January 22, 2020, and still the same problems, despite following all the advice by Ankama!

5 0
Score : 55

I am here from the future, 11/12/2019 came back to dofus after a year of absence and had to reinstall the game twice, ran ok yesterday but today my client is outdated? Well then how about you bloody update yourself you piece of garbage software?

2 0
Score : 2842

You tried to log in during the new update's maintenance I think.

0 -1
Respond to this thread