FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Character banned for no reason and notification

By Maledetticani - SUBSCRIBER - November 20, 2019, 08:28:17
AnkaTracker

Hi all,
sorry if my english is not so good, but it's not my native language.
I'm writing this post because i think everyone should be warned about Ankama's way to manage your paying account.
More than 10 days ago i tried to login and and i got the following message "The account is banned".  When i tried to log on this site to check my account it said that my account was permanently banned.  Actually i did not receive any notification or explanation, they just banned, in a permanent way, my account. Note that i've paid for subscription.
I opened a ticket on support asking for clarification. I assure i had not committed any "crime" that justify a permanent ban (come on, i play from like an year and i was lvl 97 with less than 100k kamas in my inventory...actually not the perfect cheater's profile).
By the way they answered me that they have detected suspicious logins on my Ankama account, and as precaution, they preferred to restrict access to the account. Then they asked me a copy of a document and a new personal email. I sent a copy of my driving license, a very sensitive information for the privacy, but from then they ignored me. I've had to open a new ticket asking for a reply, but they closed it saying they already sent a reply on the other one.
This was a week ago and still no answer.
So, be aware, because Ankama can ban (in a permanent way) your paying account with actually no reason or notification, and the support will just ignore you.
I think it's not a fair way to treat a customer. Ok i was lvl 97, not a big character, but i liked to play with my gf and my family during weekend, and i think that you can't simply ban a paying account without giving a proper reason, or at least notification, and then ignore the requests for clarification (mostly if you ask a copy of a sensitive document like a driver license....).
Ok, this is my story.
I really hope that it's an exception and i'm the only one treated like this, because it's very frustrating.
Thanks,
Nikaor (ex Pandawa lvl 97 on Echo ;( )

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Could you please share your support ticket with me? 

See message in context
Reactions 10
Score : 289

They probably had their reasons... Would be odd to ban random people right?
i hope they'll reply to your ticket why you got banned. 

0 0
Score : 6425

I’ve played for quite a while and haven’t heard of Ankama permanently banning for no reason at all. Are we missing some of the story?

I’m not sure what they consider a suspicious login..

0 0
Score : 186

Tbf I used to hear numerours reports of people being banned for no reason/ankama got it wrong and support (as we all know) is just useless. Used to worry about it happening to me. Recently, I haven't heard such reports so I would try and get in touch with Mania and see if she can look into it.

0 0
Score : 34

I agree with you guys. The fact that's shocking me it's that they can ban (permanently) an account for a "subjective" reason  (what do they mean for suspiscious login? a different IP? If i log to my account when i'm at my brother's home i risk to be banned?) without giving an explanation and then ignore you.
I could even understand (and appreciate) that if you suspect that the account has been stolen you "freeze" it, but if you do that then you should be ready to reactivate it if the owner demonstrates (with a valid document and the email) that the fact isn't happened.
Otherwise you're just randomly banning a paying account without a possibility to reverse it, and in my opinion it's unfair. 

0 0
Score : 6425

I can't imagine that they wouldn't unban it if you can show you didn't do anything wrong, but support tends to be quite slow. It took support a week and a half to get my last problem resolved. So you probably just have to be patient. 

1 0
Score : -2721

Only a few things that might have happened (not exhaustive list):

a) support tends to be slowish, especially for us, "foreigners"  (aka, non-French people, sending tickets to support in other language than French);
b) maybe some kama seller or just random person managed to get your logs and did something against the rules? 
c) maybe they suspect you of using bots, for w.e. reason ?
d) maybe you just payed the subscription with the card of somebody else from your family rather than your own, and the name/ address discrepancy raised their suspicions ?
e) maybe you clicked on some link offered by some "generous player" in game, for voting in some competition or sudden "reward", you got keylogged, and someone else "managed" to get you banned using your logs?
f) maybe you were harvesting resources "too fast" making support pplz think your character might be a bot?

If you decide to let make a new account, let me know, pls.
Or let us know.
I am sure they are plenty of players who'd be happy to help you get back into game, even if with new account. Though, indeed, you'd need a reason for your ban, so you don't repeat that, either if you did it willingly or unwillingly.

0 0
Score : 104

Not that i approve of this behavior, but this is common internet practice. You can be banned in every online game for NO REASON  and they don't have to provide you with any clarification about the cause. It feels unfair, sure, but it's stated in the fine print and we all agreed to it when we signed up.

It has only been 10 days though. Hope this gets sorted out eventually. Come on Ankama, give this guy a chance!

0 0

Could you please share your support ticket with me? 

Score : 34

Hi all, i don't know if the cause is this post or the help of Manaia (which i really thanks anyway for her interest) , but i finally received the good news:

"Prohibited activity has been detected on your account/or IP address. We have therefore blocked the account(s) in question from accessing the game.

Following your message, we were able to identify the accounts in question more accurately.

You can therefore now access the game once again."

So, after 2 weeks of pain i can log in again.
I'm not actually convinced this is the correct way to deal with a customer (permaban with no notification, extreme delay in replying etc) , but i'm really happy they finally gave me back my account.
I really want to thanks you all for your support. 
Have a nice day.
An happy Pandawa

0 0
Score : -2721

If I were you, I'd write on same ticket, as reply, to support:

• to thank them for finally unbanning your account;
  • to ask if your subscription could be extended on that particular account with the amount of time that you were unable to play, without being your fault.
Good luck!
And happy gaming!
0 0
Respond to this thread