FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Heroic Server: You have spoken!

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - January 20, 2020, 17:30:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

A few weeks ago, we asked for your opinions in a survey. Here are the results.

As you know, massive exploitation of a flaw by a large number of cheaters last year led us to take some drastic measures on the heroic server. Since correcting the flaw and performing a significant rollback weren't enough to completely erase the effects of the cheating, we considered a number of scenarios, none of which seemed likely to completely satisfy the community.
That's why we decided to conduct a survey offering you two options, each with its own advantages and disadvantages:

• Resetting the server, which would allow us to restart from a clean slate but also take away players' history, characters and purchases.
  • Creating a new server with no change to how the game operates, which would allow for a new rush under identical conditions.

First of all, we want you to know that the reason it took us a while to get back to you on this is because we had to do a lot of work to sort through and verify your responses (besides all the other tasks to be done). For example, we can tell you that the cheaters tried to bias the results here too… and some of them put in quite a bit of effort.

Obviously, we were prepared for this type of behavior, and we had set up solutions to analyze survey responses after the fact and eliminate the cheaters' responses from the result. Still, these actions forced us to take more time to run a thorough analysis of the data and ensure a clean result.

52% of you voted for a new heroic server.

This new server will be named Thanatena and we'll keep you informed about its opening as soon as possible.
As previously announced, there will be no option to transfer characters between Oto Mustam and this new server.

Nor will we be able to merge this server with Oto Mustam in the future.

To all of you who are ready to take on the ultimate DOFUS challenge, have fun and enjoy the game!

Reactions 13
Score : 69

Hey, I'm just curious, but is it possible to also get single account heroic servers (both versions) in the future? I didn't do the survey sadly (didn't know it was going on) so don't know if that was one of the questions, but ye... Have a good day everyone!

1 0
Score : 16

Yes please! Make it happen! Single account Heroic!

1 0
Score : 2610

Unpopular opinion: Single account Heroic sounds terrible to me xD
I've played my fair share of Ilyzaelle, and there have been many times when I died because of other players. I wasn't mad at them of course, but when you have to rely on other players to progress through the game, and death is permanent... that's a recipe for high blood pressure imo.

1 0
Score : 50

You should make a retro heroic server!

0 0
Score : 50

There are people in this thread requesting it: https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/1154-oto-mustam-heroic-server/336127-heroic-server-what-next

I also recently created a thread that has got responses in favor of it here: https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/1119-dofus-retro/336252-1-29-heroic-server-suggestion

0 0
Score : 1565

Don't even know why they bother with single account servers, cheaters can easily multilog on them, most perc and prism attacks are made by cheating multilogging teams for a good example.
If anything, the solution is easy, they ask for it when money is involved and it's ID, restarting a whole server, because of cheats, maybe start asking IP hoppers for photo ID per account...

0 0
Score : 138

With x3 xp/loot, you really don't need to rely on others to progress through professions or character levels. As far as end-game dungeons and quests that require hard dungeons, yeah you really need to rely on other people and there's a good change you'd die in end-game content, even with multi-accounting, but still. Having a mono account heroic server would be a great idea, as a mono account player, I really wanted to play on heroic, but such a large portion of the population using "scout" accounts make that nearly impossible. They remove all pvp risk towards them using scouts and place it all on mono accounts, first "tip" I got as a new player on oto mustam was to have a scout account.

A lot of people also said illyzaelle was a terrible idea, but I think a mono account heroic server would be the 2nd most populated server after illyzaelle.

1 -1
Score : 4561

I'd personally enjoy a single-account Epic server (Shadow/Ombre)

Being randomly ganged by 8 people and losing all of your progress is not fun for me, personally xP lol

1 -1
Score : 19

As previously mentioned, the "scout" necessity of heroic makes a mono-account heroic server have a very different dynamic. However, as fun as it would be, it would only work if the "mono-account" was truly ensured. Any cheaters would be at an extreme advantage.

I also want to give a nod to the suggestion above that a mono-account Epic server could be a nice compromise. Less incentive/necessity to cheat. Not all of the fun and challenge of heroic, but I personally enjoy Epic a lot.

1 0
Score : 534

I'd love a mono heroic server , can you make it so astrub markets on heroic sell equipment up to lvl 200 ?

1 0
Score : 260

Oh, guys. You are doing so good. So good! Dofus Retro, now this. I love it!

1 0
Score : 273

I would like to see astrub markets sell up to 200 items as well. It's 2020 let's end this stupid merchant meta. Only reason this is designed like this is as an incentive for f2p players to sub so they can use brak/bonta markets, well you already need to be subbed to play heroic. So please just give us market access so I don't have to speak to the french to sell my stuff.

0 0
Score : 887

MAKE DOFUS RETRO OTO MUSTAM SERVER PLEASE

0 0
Respond to this thread