FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Osamodas balancing - our plans

By [Ankama]DOFUS-Prod - ANKAMA - February 11, 2020, 18:00:00
AnkaTracker

Hello, everyone!

Today I want to talk to you about the Osamodas balancing that's on its way very soon.

Let's start with a bit of context…

First of all, we're pretty satisfied with the changes made in December. We successfully curbed a few negative strategies (repositioning lots of Summons in the same turn, "boost mule" Osamodas using Animal Blessing, excessive use of lock) while also enhancing the impact of transformation, which has been important part of Osamodasgameplay for a few years now.

Ultimately, though, it turned out that these changes weren't enough to reduce the difference in power between Osamodas and most other classes. Fortunately, we learned a lot from the impact of these changes, and now that we're clearer on what needs adjusting, the upcoming update will be much more effective.

So here are the changes you can expect to see in the near future (with a probability of 95%):

Goals

We set the following goals for this round of balancing:
  • No negative impact on Summons survival in PvM.
  • Reduce the Earth path's ability to close gaps with enemies.
  • Slightly reduce the safety of the Fire path.
  • Reduce the power of the Chestnut Gobball while maintaining its role as the dominant Summons for the Earth path.

What isn't changing

• We are not lowering the base damage caused by spells.
  • We are not lowering the base damage caused by Summons spells.
  • We are not lowering Summons' health.
  • We are not lowering Summons' resistance.

We think that the strength of the Osamodas class currently lies in the combinations of its mechanics and in its high number of actions per turn, and not in its brute force. Also, Summons resistance is an essential factor in PvM play.

Transformation

We are adding limits on what players can do by over-optimizing Transformation, in order to recenter Osamodas gameplay on the class's full range of spells. This modification should not have a significant impact in most situations.

Old system:
  • Transformation bonuses stack indefinitely.
  • The duration of bonuses for one's own transformation cannot be reduced.
  • An Osamodas can give bonuses to another Osamodas.

New system:
  • Transformation bonuses stack twice in each element, for a theoretical total of:
    • 2 MP
    • 19% damage reduction (90% x 90%)
    • 8% of HP healed at start of turn (16% when below 30% of total HP)
    • 20% extra damage
  • The duration of bonuses for one's own transformation cannot be reduced. (unchanged)
  • An Osamodas cannot give bonuses to another Osamodas player.

Class spells

Spiritual Leash

• The new version of Spiritual Leash no longer allows an Osamodas to have a negative impact on their allies, but the lack of penalty has made the spell too easy to play in both PvP and PvM.
  • To allow for more dynamic use of this spell and encourage fast, precise use, we are revising how the spell works while increasing its frequency of use:
  • Change:
    • The revived player dies at the end of their second turn.
    • AP cost: 3 ⇒ 5
    • Recast interval: 7 ⇒ 5
  • In both PvP and PvM, this new version will force the team reviving an ally to plan carefully to maximize the spell's usefulness.
  • In PvP, it will also offer more opportunities to react to the opposing team.
  • In any case, it is still possible to revive an ally to perform an important action like a Wrath, a sacrifice or a Regeneration. This is the aspect of Spiritual Leash that we find most important to preserve.

Relay

• Targeting one of your Summons to give AP to another one currently gives Osamodas too much flexibility and power in their attacks.
  • This modification will reduce that power without banning its use.
  • Change:
    • If the target is another summons, the recast interval is increased from 2 to 4 turns.

Plucking

• There is no reason for Plucking to work differently than other similar spells. Setting up a network on a single cell makes things a bit too easy.
  • Change:
    • The mark cannot overlap with itself or even with a trap.

Aquatic Wave

• Combined with Relay, Favouritism and/or High-Energy Shot, Aquatic Wave offers too much power in combos.
  • This change should still allow Osamodas to obtain a non-trivial increase in power, while still breaking up these overpowered synergies (since favorite spells are often the last ones to be played).
  • Change:
    • The damage increase goes down as the number of attacks increases: 25%, 20%, 15%, 10%, 5%.

Aquaculture

• Gaining an additional charge with Aquaculture lowers the cost of a charge to 2.5 AP and should make the spell a more attractive option in certain situations.
  • Change:
    • Gives 2 summoning charges.

Summons

Repositioning Summons

• Repositioning Summons means that players can avoid ever being really separated from their Summons, because we imagine the new Osamodas as a class of summoners that fight alongside their Summons.
  • Currently, though, this mechanic is much more commonly used to send Summons far away (edit: in an offensive role) than to call the flock back into the fold.
  • We don't see this change as abusive because Osamodas already have a number of tools for moving and/or for repositioning their Summons, with Gambol, Takeoff, Canine, Whip, Crop, Dragon's Breath, Woolly Sledgehammer, the Melanic Gobball, the Verdant Toad and the Golden Tofu.
  • Change:
    • Repositioned Summons lose 100 MP for 1 turn (like Eniripsas' Coneys).

Chestnut Gobball

• Grazing
    • This new version of the spell should increase the Chestnut Gobball's ability to provoke enemies, while also reducing its frequency of use in other elemental paths that don't rely as much on close combat.
    • The initial recast interval of 1 turn will give opponents who manage to kill the Chestnut Gobball a one-turn break.
    • New feature:
      • Gives a shield to allies around the caster and the targeted enemy (requires a target).
      • The fewer allies the caster has to protect, the stronger the shield's effect is. Does not affect the caster.
      • Shield (level 200, 1 ally): 665
      • Shield (level 200, 2 allies): 360 (720 max stacked)
      • Shield (level 200, 3 allies): 255 (765 max stacked)
      • Shield (level 200, 4 allies or more): 200 (800+ max stacked)
    • Initial recast interval: 1 turn
    • Area of effect: one cell around the Gobball and/or the enemy, including diagonals.
    • Casts per turn: 1

Melanic Wyrmling

• Diagofire
    • The range of the Diagofire spell is a bit too kind to the Fire path, because the diagonal distances cover twice as much territory.
    • Maximum range: 7 ⇒ 4

Albino Wyrmling

• These two changes should expose the Albino Wyrmling and its summoner to a bit more danger.
  • Dragon Conflagration:
    • Maximum range: 5 ⇒ 4
  • Incandescent Dragofire:
    • The healing no longer affects the caster.

That's it for this post! We've tried to preserve as much as possible of what makes this class attractive, while also making a few key adjustments. 

Best wishes,

Starbender o
Reactions 4
Score : 572

It ceased to be an attractive choice when you altered the class to how it is now..

2 0
Score : 4682

Not sure about Grazing (Chestnut Gobball): now the osamodas doesn't get the shield anymore? 

We don't get heals from Albino Wyrmling, no shield from Chestnut Gobball... We are really only supporting others? 

Edit: it seems osa also gets shielded, need to do more tries to understand the spell better. 
​​​

0 0
Score : -24

The osa nerfs were too much. I agree they were quite good and needed something, but the -100mp just almost ruined resummoning in my opinion. They already nerfed it by increasing the ap for each consecutive cast.I could live with this if they hadn’t also nerfed the wryms range, the aquatic damage sustained, spiritual leash and relay. Not to mention the chestnut gobball.
This was overkill for the class in my opinion and we didn't even have a beta to test the changes or prepare for them.I dislike how they make a mechanic of resummoning for us to play around with and then nerf it into the ground. I have had a few days to play around with it, and in all honesty, I dont even bother resummoning that often anymore, and the reason is that if I place my summon to be able to do anything, it just gets killed so easily. If anyone has any tips or has found a strategy that still works please let me know because i'm struggling to get a hang or even enjoy it now sad

1 -1
Score : 120

So i skimmed through this and here is what im understanding from it.

The osamodas are weaker then other classes right now and you want to do something to make them stronger.

So heres the list of all the things we are nerfing about them.

I really am very confused all the things I read only talked about lowering damage survivability or or movement. Didnt see a single buff here.

1 -1
Respond to this thread