FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A new anti-kama trafficking system

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - March 06, 2020, 15:30:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker Announcements

An all-new system has been implemented to fight detrimental in-game practices. Many of you have asked about this subject. Here is some information to answer your questions.

It's been a week since we implemented an all new kama debt system. The goal is to prevent some detrimental in-game practices, in particular: phishing, botting and the economic problems arising from them. This is part of a comprehensive effort including a number of measures we have already adopted, which we will continue to improve upon over time.

If you have already received a debt or want to know more about restrictions, blocked actions or any other information, you can find an explanation on the Support page right here.

A new anti-kama trafficking system

We've seen a lot of questions about how this system works. We aren't going to lie. For obvious reasons, we aren't going to give details about how this system works because that's exactly what "cheaters" want, so they can get around it. Please know, however, that our teams have been working on this behind the scenes for a long time. They observe how players behave, so they can identify how cheaters work and easily detect them.

This is an additional in-game tool intended to limit the impact that cheating and bots have on everyone's gaming experience.

Never fear: the system won't punish you for recovering the kamas of your friend who stopped playing the game or because he gave you some kamas for your birthday (unless they were bought illegally). If you believe you've been unfairly punished, Ankama Support is at your service. They'll address your concerns and make all the necessary verifications. ;)

What are the benefits of this system?

Selling kamas outside the Kama Exchange is illegal. Not only is it prohibited, it has a negative impact on server economy, and it promotes bad practices in-game: bots (bots are used to farm resources that are then converted to kamas and sold on illegal sites), account theft (accounts are stolen, the resources and equipment are converted to kamas, and they're later sold on illegal sites), etc. We could just as easily ban players permanently, but we would like to offer an alternative that is more educational.

Some players think a more appropriate punishment would be to ban offenders permanently. Actually, you might think this kama debt has the same effect for less invested players (in-game prospects have diminished significantly), however, it offers players who have already played a lot, and who make an error in judgment, the chance to make up for it and save their character. They just have to pay off their debt.

The Kama Exchange is there for this very purpose: you can securely buy or sell kamas, and the prices are determined by supply and demand. It's not Ankama who determines these prices, it's the trades between players. In this way, currency isn't created; kamas are simply transferred from player to player, which doesn't negatively impact server economy.

For some people, the Kama Exchange price is too high and warrants going to a third-party site. We feel obliged to warn you: not only do these sites directly and negatively impact the experience of ALL players, including you, they often also enrich themselves at your expense. The money they make will not be invested back into DOFUS to further develop and improve the game. Moreover, we will have to allocate more resources to protect you as best as possible. You may think you are getting a good deal, but you are actually encouraging, and exposing your account to, theft, phishing and all kinds of scams.

Please know that this matter is very important to us, and we will continue our efforts. Kama debt is but one of many tools at our disposition to help make your gaming experience as enjoyable as possible. Whether it's bots, phishing, or account theft, we work hard to protect you, and we continuously try to improve and find better solutions to these problems.

Reactions 25
Score : 1513

Guys, I can understand you was understaffed few years ago when you started introducing this system but seriously when you log in on MONO server and see the same bots farming in same places for months you can't say this system works like it should...

1 0
Score : 45

So if I exchange kamas between my alts, I could face a debut or ban? can you please explain it? 
like i'm a guy with 8 charas. if i give my alt 200m for example.. i could face ban??!

1 0
Score : -17

Who cares (ankama for sure not), you will just get banned and will have to wait for the unban like ~1 week only after you write ticket to ankama ;D

0 -2
Score : 183

I have 8 accounts. Do I face any danger when trading kamas between them?

What about ingame gifts or event prizes?

​​​​​

1 0
Score : -1572

Like many other people, I have 8 active HL accs (at least), and 2-3 dozens of alts.
I store my kamas and gear and resources in an organised way between them:
- some accounts trade/ sell, in merchant and/ or markets and/ or /trade channel;
- some accounts store gear of various kinds;
- some accounts store resources and/ or consumbales of various kinds;
- some accounts do a specific combination of the above and/ or other stuff, depending on my needs;
- some accounts do most of the crafts themselves, or get crafted the new gear on them only;
- some accounts hold specific amount of kamas as bankers at all times, some do not.

This is mainly done to know in an instant or two:
- total amount of kamas available for my team and for alts, for sub and/ or gear;
- exact resources or gear or consumbles in which amount or where they are;
- and to have a "small" kamas fee on their banks (hey, take away the bank kama fees, which is nonsense anyway, and I will be happily store anything on less accounts);

From what you are describing, your new system will punish/ ban/ w.e. me, every time when:
- when I trade kamas for ogrine for cosmetics and/ or sub from my main "bankers" accounts to the other ones;
- when the "linked period" expires and I trade for free the (Web)Shop itmes that were bought to ogrine from one account to another;
- when I pass the kamas from seller accs to my main banker accounts;
- when I apss kamas from seller accounts to my bankers accounts;
- when I take specific resources and/ or consumables from the keepers of those things, and pass them for free to the accounts that need them;
- when I get part of mats from my accounts banks, some I buy them from market or /trade, and I craft new gear on some specific accounts, then either pass the new items/ crafts/ w.e. for free to the accounts for which they were supposed to be, or when I pass them to seller accounts;
- when, for any reason, I need to pass kamas from one account to another, for sub, Shop purchases, w.e.;
- sadly, I do not have gear ultra performing for all my HL accs, some have inferior gear, but "thanks" to the new all-in-one-Ank-launcher, I can only play 4 - 5 accs at a time anyway, so I switch and pass gear around my accounts, putting the best gear available, obviously, on the accounts that I am currently playing.

After reading your article, it seems that I will be spending most of my future "gaming time" in writing tickets to Support to get my accounts unbanned, and waiting 1 week minimum for each ticket to get a reply ... a reply, not a solution, favorable to my plea/s.
Can I get any reassurance that your  new "anti-fraud-system" won't punish the multi-accounts-players like me, which do the above, most of them?
If it will punish us wrongly, how we will get back the "banned days" subscription? Plus the loses of being unable to play certain acc/s for certain time/s?
And, more seriously, are you sick of multi-account-players? Are you trying to get rid of us? To "encourage" us to play just a single char/ acc on which to store everything, kama, gear, resource and consumables wise? Is this the "future" of Dofus?

0 0
Score : 1010

bohemia|2020-03-06 21:11:44
(hey, take away the bank kama fees, which is nonsense anyway, and I will be happily store anything on less accounts);

:clap:
1 0
Score : 115

You guys are nuts lol

So basically how almost every other MMO does it: they flag suspected gold sellers and keep tabs on their trades. Popular gold selling sites will often use a set of alts to trade with; they're looking for the "pot" where all of their alts get the money from. If they can tell for sure that the "pot" is a gold seller, everyone who trades with them will also be flagged as potential gold buyers and get investigated under this new anti-kama buy system

If you're a regular trader who always buys and sells or trades kamas around, you will not be flagged, because you're doing "normal" things that are expected for a player. If you keep giving away kamas (and only kamas) to other accounts with different IDs other than your own, that's a way to be suspected of selling kamas

Almost no regular player will ever be subject to this kama-sanction, only people who buy off of sites

0 0

Your observation is maybe, somehow, valid, to some % degree ... for mono-account players.

You're telling me that when we pass, for free, kams for ogrine to a couple/or more of our accs, to sub 1 year e.a., we will not get banned? May I please LOL ?
Or if we pass all the time expensiveish gear for free between accs, as we choose to play them, we will not get banned? May I please LOL again?

Anyway, it is not from YOU that we expect some answer, cuz yours means ... your humble opinion, and solely that. Unless you work, undercover, for Ank. ?

We do expect some answers from Ankama-unified-account-for-forums, that might have some value and credibility.

1 0
Score : 609

So does that mean lootboxes will finally be gone from dofus?

1 0

ummmm ... I'd say ... I'd ask ... 

0 0
Score : 651

This is absolutely hilarious. Apart from saying it will help detect cheaters, the original post barely mentioned anything about this new anti-kama trafficking system and yet that was enough to invoke a mass hysteria among the commentators. You all are creating way too many fake scenarios in your heads, all that energy and time spent overthinking could be used in a more productive way.

Also, I can't help but find it funny when someone says they've quit Dofus but when you go to their characters' profiles it suddenly says "Last connection: 2 days ago". Who are you trying to fool haha.

2 -1
"For obvious reasons, we aren't going to give details about how this system works"

THIS is what creates, not hysteria, but many doubts on how the anti-fraud-engine has been programmed.

It is not far back that the all-in-one-Ank-launcher has been introduced.
It was said it is "for less lag", "for bugs that couldn't be solved in old lancher and will be fixed with new launcher".
Both promises were broken: most of the people I spoke to, ig / dscrd, say that their either had to reduce the amount of characters they play normally, or have to endure more lag and lag being installed more quickly and more heavily, or they just moved / started new chars to/ on less populated servers for less lag; and they are plenty of bugs from old launcher which have been "implemented" to new launcher.

So, from experience, most of us have learnt, the hard way, to doubt the efficiency of new stuff threw at us. Sad, but true ...

[ EDIT : ] As for the people who have quit the game, but still log, some do it just to chat with old friends from game ... As simple as this, I presume. laugh

3 0
Score : 688

what if a had a legal trade with player who got their kamas illegally? does it mean that they have my item now and i have to pay their debt?

0 0
Score : 528

Honestly just ban anyone raising suspicion to this system right now, they're likely one of the people buying/selling kamas illegally.

Nah but all memes aside, y'all are way too sensitive. I have always been against trading kamas illegally and I have people I play with that I know do it. However I'm not going to report them for 2 reasons: 1 they're my friends 2 they're human and every human have different needs so I'm not going to condemn them for using any means neccessary to have fun in the game.
You don't have to illegally buy kamas to have fun in this game... just a matter of fact since the kama exchange I haven't had to use €€ to subscribe in years.

BUT here is the thing. You can't go announcing a new anti-anything system and then not give details about it. All you're doing is creating chaos and that's why these people are like 'mimimimimimimimimimimimi' in this thread. They're humans and humans don't do well in playing with anything less than all information about everything... well in this day and age anyways.

2 0
Score : -15

haha prob more the half of all dofus players bought or sold kamas illigally thats how often i hear about people buying and so on biggrin so people commenting here are prob just scared of concequences ... anyway ... u dont mention anything about this system other then kama dept ... so u have a negative kamas u need to get to 0 before going into the plus side ? all u say is u dont ban the people u wanna give them a lesson .... (so why people even rage about getting banned when they litterly stating they wont ban lol)

0 -2

Maybe because you are wrong on saying "more than half of all dofus players bought or sold kamas illigally" ?
Maybe because those who post literally and actually and really have more accounts among which trade kamas or gear?

Are you telling me that I am supposed to keep 3 dozen banks and items scattered among them not to raise suspicion, and so my kamas, a hundred kk on e.a. account, instead of having a centralized system using only a handful of accounts for this?

Who are you, who do you think you are, to label me and all the others who have posted on this thread as "illigal" kama sellers, as players who fear the negative impact of this system on our playing cuz of out "illigal" actions, as you name it?
0 0
Score : 56

can you just merge servers? no one cares about this rule if there isnt even any players in Echo.

1 0
Score : 56

The 'economic problem' is the markets due to lack of players....

2 0
Score : 16

Funny thing, The post talk about bots and phishing.. but people only read buy/sell kamas punish debt system. Probably because we all know the problem of bots and phishing wont be fix. 

PD: We all understand that Ankama just want the people to buy and sell ogrines for kamas instead of using illegal kama seller sites and thats fine.

1 0
Score : 188

Why don't you address the problem of why people buy kamas?
The markets are in such a dire state that unless you're willing to take large losses or wait ages, your item will not sell.
You can't generate kamas by farming resources as they're all worthless.
A huge proportion of items are actually cheaper to buy from market than to buy resources and craft them.
No profit in maging items because people are so desperate, they sell maged items for the same price as crafted ones!!!
More worryingly, there is such a lack of players (at least on echo) that the supply of Dofuses exceeds the demand for them. Look how long it takes to quest for a dofus, people should be holding onto them fir dear life or at least they should be worth considerably more.

I'm sure if you take away people who buy kamas then the economy will be in an even worse state.
The only real benefit is more people will buy ogrines - which let's be honest, is the reason you're implementing this - while the game overall suffers. 

You created an environment that people need to buy kamas, either legally or illegally, to advance in the game.

0 0
Score : 29

I was afraid for a moment thinking.. damn if i pass kamas btw my alts might get banned..

Then watching this people talking of swaping btw 30 accs while i trade 1m.. 3m .. Some probably trade 100m 200m like it was nothing tongue

Nice job ankama for this

Hope you dont hurt people that arent kama sellers or buyers.

0 0
Score : 183

bohemia|2020-03-06 21:32:27
Your observation is maybe, somehow, valid, to some % degree ... for mono-account players.

You're telling me that when we pass, for free, kams for ogrine to a couple/or more of our accs, to sub 1 year e.a., we will not get banned? May I please LOL ?
Or if we pass all the time expensiveish gear for free between accs, as we choose to play them, we will not get banned? May I please LOL again?

Anyway, it is not from YOU that we expect some answer, cuz yours means ... your humble opinion, and solely that. Unless you work, undercover, for Ank. ?

We do expect some answers from Ankama-unified-account-for-forums, that might have some value and credibility.

IP adress.
0 0
Respond to this thread