FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Does anyone ever receive help from support after falling for a phishing scam?

By Daleli7 - SUBSCRIBER - March 25, 2020, 21:30:40

Yesterday I fell victim to a phishing scam. Yes I'm embarrassed by it, and yes I should have seen it coming. But someone in the game told me some game news about a new tournament coming up and some [REDACTED] that every account would get prior to the tournament. He told me to google it... I did. All I wanted to do was read the news... wasn't looking for anything shady. The google result looked exactly like the official dofus website... exactly. I've never seen a phishing scam before and in that particular moment... I just didn't think of it. I logged in when prompted to do so, to get my [REDACTED] like a total fool. When the link was broken... I realized that something was not right. Sure enough, mere seconds later I was logged out of my account. I rushed to change my password but it was too late... logged back into my main and I was stripped bare... millions and millions of kamas worth of gear representing several years of play taken just a few seconds of not thinking straight. 

I'm not a rich player with 6 accounts and ability to make it all back in a few days. My gear represented all my earnings in game to date... it was all invested in that gear. 

I changed my password and wrote to support telling them exactly what happened, but I have heard nothing back. Does anyone ever recover in these situations? Is there anything that ankama will or can do for me? Has anyone else fallen for this in the past and received any actual help in the form of gear being returned or re-supplied? Otherwise... I just can't see how to continue. Feeling pretty bad about now. 

I haven't even received a confirmation email or a ticket number or anything. Ankama support link is broken. 

Mod edit: Removed the keywords. -Fiora

1 0
Reactions 10
Score : 2809

Unfortunately support can't help you, the link isn't broken.

Ankama can't stop every phishing link, but there is absolutely no shortage of warnings... 
There are so so so many ways to not get scammed; If you don't want to take Ankama's precautions that's on you, not them. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but this is entirely on you.

0 0
Score : 384

Thank you for your response although it is helpful and kind in no way whatsoever. Read more carefully please... I am not saying ankama is responsible and owes me some assistance, I am claiming responsibility and asking if they ever DO give assistance in these cases. 
My question is not whether it's my fault or not... I believe that is clearly stated in the OP. My question is not whether ankama is to blame, or whether the responsibility is completely mine. I think that's quite clear that it's not "on them." Thank you. I believe I used clear words such as "Yes I'm embarrassed by it, and yes I should have seen it coming." I'm quite clear on it being my fault... but thank you for kicking me while I'm down.
My question was whether there is any hope of ankama helping me recover... whether they ever do in some cases,  not whether they are responsible for it. 

1 0
Score : 1

Sorry to hear about what’s happened mate, but definitely send a ticket to Ankama.

I had a friend who was unfortunately scammed this same way, and Ankama was kind enough to replace/return everything he had - however, what I do want to say is that Ankama did mention they did it under their discretion. I believe they treat each ticket case-by-case, but either way, you won’t know if you don’t try.

Good luck!

0 0

Ankama was kind enough to replace/return everything he had.

Thank you... gives me a little hope at least. Shouldn't I have received a ticket number or something when I submitted the report? When I try to log in to ankama support to see if I've had a reply, the link is just broken. Can't access support. 

0 0
Score : 1

exactly same thing happened to me, same website, but thx G.od i saw quiclky that it was a trap, so i got time to change password

0 0
Score : 10

Hey, sad to hear that. 

Happened to me as well, sent ticket to support and got responses but nothing helpful. Unfortunately nothing was returned either. 

Now to warn other people, the phishing site looks incredibly convincing as well as the URL. I'm pretty sure they even have an SMS system working and DDOS when when they first log on to your account. This scam is extremely well done, so be careful out there. 

0 0
Score : 354

The fact with this is , it acts like a dofus website, so when u open it from the game it for some reason doesnt give u the ankama warning.

0 0

Hi all,

I'd like to take this opportunity to make sure everyone knows that you can and should report instances of phishing to the moderation team without delay. If we have a valid screenshot, per Ankama's policies, we can take quick and decisive action that will end up protecting many players who may fall victim to the scam.

In order to document this correctly, you must use the /whois command on the offender in the chat, or click their name and then "Information" > "Details", then take a screenshot with that new information and their message visible.

Per Ankama's guidelines for this kind of evidence, do not crop or edit the screenshot in any way. Upload it to the image host of your choice, and send it via Ankabox. You can send these screenshots to me for the Echo, Ilyzaelle, and Jahash servers.

For more information, see here: https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/articles/201376953-Recognizing-and-Protecting-Yourself-from-Phishing-

PS regarding the ticket number, you should have access to your ticket by way of the email that Ankama Support sent you when you filed the ticket, and it should be accessible via your Support account.

Hi Fiora... the problem is multi-fold because I cannot access the support account, probably because of my region. I live in Albania, and so many Ankama services do not cover this country. For example, I cannot validate my account by adding a phone number. When I try, it says "service not available in your country." The same seems to be true for support... I can access the first page of support, and from that page I was able to submit a report of the incident, and got a "report submitted" message. However, in order to see replies, I need to actually log in on that support site. When I try to log in to the support account the link is just broken. Takes me to a blank grey screen that says "ankama.zendesk.com refused to connect."

I got no ticket number OR email when I submitted my ticket. I have tried twice... but I think that the support page is not offered in my region. I didn't receive any email confirming my submission of a ticket. I can't access the support page to see if I've had a reply. I feel completely helpless... I can't even TELL ankama what happened to me. 

Now I really don't know what I can do. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. I'm afraid no help is coming my way... and my dofus life is just over. 

The thieves even took everything that was valuable that I was selling out of the equipment market. 

0 0
Score : 88

Hey Sadly i also fell for this scam/phis. the scariest part of it is that the site ACTUALLY links you via to the dofus site hence it recognising false and true passwords.(this gave me false trust as I used a dummy to test it) p.s I made a ticket aswell. the thing is the moment I noticed the scam( i saw a HUGE type which got me like HOLY f I'm toasted now) I was too late to even do a thing as the culprit in particular found it fun to DDOS the heck out of me and I couldn't do anything to even remotely retaliate. Shamely I also found my main stripped of everything and I've never felt this stupid in my entire life. I hope ankama could help in any way possible. even the smallest thing would be a HUGE thanks on my behalf.

0 0
Respond to this thread