FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Can we please change the dungeon in "He Wants to Buried at Sea"?

By CoolRay - SUBSCRIBER - September 17, 2020, 22:11:19

This quest requires you to run a dungeon that turns you into a spirit with basic abilities.

The issue is that you NEED 3-4 people to do it, and those people have to have, or have done, the quest.

I've been stuck on this quest for over a month because no one is doing it, and its absolutely infuriating that I'm being damned from doing the Ice Dofus quest not because I don't have the proper gear or level, but because there's no one willing to do it, and you can't solo it.

This is incredibly poor game design, please change it so you can solo it, or enter without having done the quest.

0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 2909

That's the one where you turn into the pirate spirit thing right? 
IIRC last time I did it I duo'd it and we just pushed the enemies into the wall because the pushback dmg spell is op.

0 0
Score : 212

From my experience this fight can be done 100% with 3 ppl in total, 2 ppl if you are super lucky with positioning. I believe if you can’t recruit 1-2 more ppl for the quest then you lack social skills which is essential for this game. It’s not like ppl who have done the quest can’t do the quest fight again to help you.

And since you have “proper gear or level” you sure must have some kamas in your pocket, might as well stop being greedy, respect ppl’s precious time and prepare a little 10-20kk tip for ppl to help you which isn’t even much compared to billions endgame ppl have.

What will you do once you start doing cloudy dofus? Will it also be poor design? xd

0 -3
Score : 1804

It can be done solo easy, ive done it multiple times. So duo shouldnt be too hard either.
In the first room just lure them in a corner and kill with pushback dmg. In the 2nd room just move from left to right to get them in line and hit eachother. easy

0 0
Score : 17445

I find this very hard to believe, since the bombs have to hit you as well as the boss, and you can't out heal the bombs damage with Vampiric Lance.

0 0

vyyyyy|2020-09-18 08:20:26
From my experience this fight can be done 100% with 3 ppl in total, 2 ppl if you are super lucky with positioning. I believe if you can’t recruit 1-2 more ppl for the quest then you lack social skills which is essential for this game. It’s not like ppl who have done the quest can’t do the quest fight again to help you.

And since you have “proper gear or level” you sure must have some kamas in your pocket, might as well stop being greedy, respect ppl’s precious time and prepare a little 10-20kk tip for ppl to help you which isn’t even much compared to billions endgame ppl have.

What will you do once you start doing cloudy dofus? Will it also be poor design? xd

"From my experience this fight can be done 100% with 3 ppl in total, 2 ppl if you are super lucky with positioning."

Granted. 

" I believe if you can’t recruit 1-2 more ppl for the quest then you lack social skills which is essential for this game."

This is hot bullshit. I've been looking for people for this for over a month. Going to the recruitment channel, alliance, and guild. Most didn't know what the quest was, the other half didn't give a shit. So by saying that I lack the social skills for this game despite doing everything I physically could to get help for this dungeon, is by far the most ignorant, and dumbest, thing you could have said.

"And since you have “proper gear or level” you sure must have some kamas in your pocket, might as well stop being greedy, respect ppl’s precious time and prepare a little 10-20kk tip for ppl to help you which isn’t even much compared to billions endgame ppl have."

And just like that you and your opinions have lost any and all merit. What a despicable person you are.

"What will you do once you start doing cloudy dofus? Will it also be poor design? xd"
Yes.

0 0
Score : 212

Ok look, I’m just trying to give you some hints and help you, albeit in a sarcastic way.

My view of this game is that if you want something done you need to put your effort into it since nothing is free. It doesn’t necessary mean paying kamas although it’s also a form of effort because kamas are simply the result of your different efforts (aka spending your time doing different game activities). It must be your initiative in everything including encouraging different people to help you if you are the one doing the quest. Giving kamas for a quest is just one of the alternatives.

You say most didn’t know what the quest was which is completely understandable, nobody is obliged to know about the quest you are doing. But as a quester it should be your job to make it as easier as possible for other people to help you (in other words you must help people in helping you). You are saying you did everything you physically could, and I can only hope it was actually the case. For example you could always try making sure you know everything about the quest and the quest fight mechanics so that you could explain the quest to the mass from A to Z, constantly linking the wiki page of the quest so that people wouldn’t have to find info themselves (since it’s not other people’s job to look up for info if it’s not their quest), always promising a Buck Anear dungeon teleport to show people that you know what you are doing and wouldn’t waste their time.

And even then depending on how desperate you are to do the quest, you might as well try use your social skills (which I’m sure you must have since my last message was sarcastic) to convince 1-2 of your guildmates/alliancemates who were clueless about the quest before and don’t have the quest active to actually do the frigost quests from the start to your current quest and beat everything together, making them your full-time quest partners. And by convincing I mean actually “leeching” them to a full extend from zero, like explaining them the order of the quests, telling them how many quests there are and what should be done, showing them which resources are needed for the quests and even preparing those items for them, linking them all the quest guides while convincing them about the future perspective of their questing “career”. Yes you might now say it’s too much of the unnecessary work but in return you can earn yourself a couple of reliable quest partners even for the future quests and this way you don’t need to pay any kamas to anyone except for investing your budget into helping your buddies with the quests.

(I’m speaking from my own experience: I have played on Echo before and I have been attempting to do all brakmar quests from 1 to 100. I’ve managed to convince 5-6 of my guildmates to do those quests with me although almost everyone was bonta and had ~20-40 alignment levels. They didn’t have the motivation to do those bonta quests due to tile-standing recruiting requirements or crafting items since their profession levels were mostly low. Anyway I’ve studied all brakmar quests from different guides (mainly dofus wiki but also dofuspourlesnoobs), and made a list of all items required for all quests including the brakmar order quests multiplied by the total amount of the questers. I’ve shared the list with them and we’d help each other farming these resources and sharing them via our guild house. Obviously it took some time but once we’ve finished gathering required items I’ve asked them to reset their alignment and become brakmar. They’ve regretted deleting their bonta progress but they’ve rerolled to brakmar. And so we’ve simply breezed through all brakmar quests from 1-100 including the order quests absolutely without any problems (spending less than 1 week which was faster than the preparation phase) except for a few recruiting moments (like the crystal quest in brakmar alchemist workshop or finding 5 profession people for cauldron quest in treechnid forest) which didn’t even take us long firstly because we had a relatively good reputation and secondly because I’d still pay the people helping us for their time around ~5-10kk each which wasn’t much considering we’d only pay once for all the questers. Afterwards my guildmates would admit that doing 1-100 brakmar quests was a lot easier than doing 1-20~40 bonta quests.
What about me? I had to recruit people for tiles, help every guildmate with the quests and also guide them in their solo quest fights, sometimes even helping them to get a few gears for a specific quest (especially during the rank 5 quests), but in return I’ve surely got tons of “questing fun” with my guildmates and definitely enjoyed the entire process.
Later we’d also finish Ivory Dofus together (which was possible only because I’ve managed to convince everyone to do brakmar quests together) but that’s another story.)

Ok, so you are also saying that other people didn’t give a shit about the quest which is also completely understandable, everyone has their own plans and they sure value their time and not everyone is obliged to help random people. What you should do is to build yourself a reputation and an impression that you are the person that deserves help, at least among the guild/alliance if not among the whole server. (Obviously people are psychologically more inclined to help people that are more well-known or more succesful.) You should also avoid getting a “beggar” reputation so for example simply spamming “/c /g /a /r any1 for he wants to be buried at sea frigost quest? mp me” without any further elaboration or other original messages for an entire month would no doubt have negative effects. If you feel you don’t have necessary reputation then you should start by becoming a helpful person to the community and slowly build up your reputation, the entire process of which would obviously be time consuming, but nothing is free in this world, you either pay the price with your time and effort (which might also burn your budget) or you pay direct money aka kamas simply to speed-up the process (which is 100% your choice and not an obligation to do so, but which is a completely natural and logical option in case you don’t want to or can’t invest your effort into “building” your potential full-time quest partners as I explained above). Calling me a despicable person simply because I have suggested one of the valid options to pass the quest should also be considered no less despicable in my opinion.

Lastly I’d want to talk about the gaming view, the gaming philosophy. I’ve seen enough people complaining about everything in this game which is obviously their right to do so but many of these complains are based mostly on their own emotions and feelings and and demand unnecessary changes which might even cause other portion of players to complain i the future.
(Examples: complaining about the entire cawwot island navigating system and how “dumb” it is, complaining about the dark cells map leading to the cawwot spell and how “idiotic” it is, complaining about kralove opening mechanic despite it being simplified and how “forced” it is, complaining about the bolgrot fight because “it’s dumb that players cannot pass the quest no matter how strong and rich they are”, complaining about most of the solo quest fights because “it’s dumb that players are required to be strong and rich to beat the quest instead of giving everyone equal chance”, complaining about the equipment recipes because it’s “not logical” to use ougaa eyes to craft a missiz freeze helmet, complaining about AvA and alliances having an “unfair” monopoly over resources or nuggets, etc etc etc.)

Of course changes don’t always hurt and can always happen in the future (and in some cases it should happen albeit in a balanced way), but I personally would rather enjoy the game as it is, ignore something I can’t do and do something I can instead of always complaining (and at this point I’m not even talking about you anymore but about every players that might be dissatisfied with any random things in the game). I believe doing ice quest or cloudy quest is not necessary to enjoy this game, furthermore they aren’t impossible to do by any player depending on the player’s motivation.

Replying “yes” to my question about cloudy dofus quests is absolutely normal and simply shows your attitude towards the quests overall and your gaming philosophy, but I believe that way of thinking is too negative and not very healthy, that way you aren’t able to enjoy micro moments in the dofus gameplay to a full extend, and that’s why I’m attempting to convince you otherwise (not only because of you but also for all other players that have a similar mindset to yours). Though it’s your right to deny my ideas.

Tldr I still believe the quest “He wants to be buried at sea” is not worth to be changed for now since in my eyes it’s still not the worst thing in this entire game yet.

0 -2
Score : 1445

If you need help with this quest on Echo, I can help you.
Message my Xelor Zargabanth when I'm on, I can log my Feca and Eni for the quest too as they've all done Ice Dofus quest lines and other Frigost quests.

0 0
Score : 1804

CoolRay|2020-09-21 06:05:43
I find this very hard to believe, since the bombs have to hit you as well as the boss, and you can't out heal the bombs damage with Vampiric Lance.

Well, and yet I did it.
0 0
Score : 4675

It's been a while since I've done it so might need a refresher on it but I'm also down to help if you're on echo. Think I can also bring an alt if needed or ask a friend to help out too if needed. You can pm Duos-Bandaid or post here with the time or something.

0 0

I appreciate the notion, but I'm on Ilyzaelle. Fortunately I found a group, finally, and did the dungeon.

1 0
Score : 473

Over a month? Heh... Heheheh... Oh sweet summerchild...

0 0
Respond to this thread