FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

DOFUS Shop: Decembre, the month of giving.

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - December 01, 2020, 16:30:00
AnkaTracker Announcements
Reactions 35
Score : 1100

@Tetkainen, He never implies 2020 is Ankamas fault. Are you an employee or something? Angelsnow is SPOT ON.. Ankamas profits are through the roof from record Active Subscribers including new subscribers. They slowed their workforce because of the lockdowns, so they are SPENDING LESS , but making MORE. One would assume they would show some appreciation for al lthe new subs and all the record income.. Instead they have done the opposite and it is a shame. I have played this game for 10 years, I have enjoyed the ups and endured the downs. This one takes the cake imo. We still have no word if we are even going to have Kwismas island. What about all the lonely people out there looking forward to the festivities of the Christmas season on Dofus. 25 days of Puzzles and Gifts EACH day is dwindled into only 8 (1/4 of usual) gifts randomly given without a fun way to receive them. It is a shame sad

2 -2
Score : 2366

Exactly!
And like I said before, they have all the game code for the Advent Calendar and Kwismas Island, it would probably just need a little bit of tweaking to make it 2020 date relevant (instead of 2019) then implement it during the *GASP* PLANNED maintenance that coincided with 1st December 2020, so no other time disruption needed like on some years.
Kwismas Island has been around since 2006, the Advent Calendar just as long, yet they haven't bothered.
But nooooo theyre trying to cram yet more unstable, unnecessary twaddle into the game. We have always begged Ankama to fix what is broken first instead of adding "shitake mushrooms"  and "new games" because they're choking themselves royally with the the frack ups.

And for those who think I'm just whining, I've been paying to play this game for well over 11 years, but it's not just a monetary investment for me. I'm in the Extremely High Risk category for the "beer flavored virus" so been stuck indoors since March and can't return to work safely until February at the earliest. My household cant get all hyped up for Christmas because both my kids are High Performance Asperger's and cannot cope, they shut down this time of year, so no decorations, no trips, no christmas shopping, no going to see the lights turned on, nothing. My one saving grace has always been Kwismas Island.
Thanks Ankama for making 2020 even "shitake'r" than it has already.

2 -2
Score : 292

I still don't see this as a big deal. With all the content they are giving and changes they are making. I don't see how they are doing it all.

1 0

Oh trust me, after trying to be loyal to the game/company for 11 years + you will see the big deal.

*Content giving - well usually there is 25 days of Advent Calender gifts, yes most are pretty crappy, but it was fun. This year we get 8 days.  Where is the other 17 days of Ankama's so generous content giving. Last I checked, 8 was less than 25.

*Kwismas Island is available ONCE a year for around 30 days at most, not a do the dungeon and you move on like Frigost

*This month, 6 days of the Almanax requires items that are primarily obtained from Kwismas Island, No Kwismas Island = no Almanax. That is Ankama disabling our ability to use a part of a product we have paid for in advance.

*As for new changes, well, they need to fix the old and existing problems and perhaps stabilise the servers better instead of trying to cram new content in. Perhaps try to keep the paying customers loyalty. Which can have the effect of those loyal customers enticing friends and family to play the game.

1 -1
Score : 18

You kidding right? Are you fuc*int serious with us?

1 0
Score : -1208
0 0
Score : 33

How is that possible... Ankama got time and resources to run boring and pointless Vulkania but not the main event of the year? Or is it against policy now to celebrate Christmas?

1 0

gamer-jr85|2020-12-02 05:59:03
How is that possible... Ankama got time and resources to run boring and pointless Vulkania but not the main event of the year? Or is it against policy now to celebrate Christmas?

YES! This right here! 

Ankama had time to "flip the switch on" Al Howin,  Vulkania, Fleaster and Saint Ballotwine so why not Kwismas and the Advent Calendar. (All during this beer flavored virus)

BTW: There is no "day of giving from the Ankama shop" today.
0 0
Score : -1208
1 0

Princess-vonBrakmar|2020-12-02 11:12:04

From what I have researched Kwismas Island opening has gone:
First introduced and announced Island open 18th December with new update 2006 - Monday
7th December 2007 - Friday
2nd December 2008 - Tuesday
NO KWISMAS ISLAND 2009
14th December 2010 announcement made saying the Island was open - Tuesday
15th December 2011 - Sunday
11th December 2012 - Tuesday
10th December 2013 - Tuesday
15th December 2014 - Monday
8th December 2015 - Tuesday
9th December 2016 - Friday
9th December 2017 -  Saturday
18th December 2018 - Tuesday
11th December 2019 - Wednesday

That isnt a "usual" second Tuesday of December
0 0
Score : 292

@Angelsnow and Jinxsterr incase you missed it.
https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/news/announcements/1265950-kwismas-island-coming

0 0

Tetkainen|2020-12-02 18:44:02
@Angelsnow and Jinxsterr incase you missed it.
https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/news/announcements/1265950-kwismas-island-coming

Yup saw it, posted 10 mins after I posted. huh
0 0
Score : 4876

Not having advent calendar and having to go through the shop is really a let down. This is definitely one of the things most people look forward to. Not a big deal sure, but why burn through the good will of your player base by throwing away something relatively small and yet gave players a lot of delight?

1 0
Score : 1638
0 0
Score : 1885

You decide to only give 8 items this year out of the probably 20 (if not more) of the other years, and you still decide to give us a wallpaper that was an image for the kwismas news?

0 0
Respond to this thread