FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[C1-JAN] It's (still) winter-fall, red skies are gleaming, oh // Sea-gulls are flying over,swans are floating by // Smoking chimney-tops,am I dreaming

By bohemia#2044 - SUBSCRIBER - January 17, 2021, 11:28:43
AnkaTracker
[C1-JAN]

It's (still) winter-fall, red skies are gleaming, oh 
Sea-gulls are flying over, swans are floating by 
Smoking chimney-tops, am I dreaming
Am I dreaming?
The nights draw in
There's a silky moon up in the sky, yeah
Children are fantasizing, grown-ups are standing by
What a super feeling, am I dreaming
Am I dreaming
Wo wo wo wo

( Freddie Mercury, A winter's tale)

Soooo ...
Since the winter is not over yet, what better way to use it as a pretext, or maybe as an inspiration for a contest?

Let's pretend it is December 6th for a bit.
Why?
Cuz on December 6th Saint Nicholas is celebrated.

Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of  sailors, merchants, archers, repentant thieves, children, brewers, unmarried people, students.Nicholas had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, a practice celebrated on his feast day, 6 December. For those who still observe the Julian calendar the celebration currently takes place thirteen days later than it happens in the Gregorian calendar and Revised Julian calendar.
Santa Claus evolved from Dutch traditions regarding Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas). When the Dutch established the colony of New Amsterdam, they brought the legend and traditions of Sinterklaas with them.[108] Howard G. Hageman, of New Brunswick Theological Seminary, maintains that the tradition of celebrating Sinterklaas in New York existed in the early settlements of the Hudson Valley, although by the early nineteenth century had fallen by the way. St. Nicholas Park, located at the intersection of St. Nicholas Avenue and 127th Street, in an area originally settled by Dutch farmers, is named for St. Nicholas of Myra.
[source: Wikipedia]

Also, in my country it is said that Saint Nicholas brings gifts to those who have been good/ nice/ kind during the year ... and rods to those who have been bad/ not nice/ unkind.

And since Saint Nicholas is also about gifts and gifting, and since this is a contest, of course, prizes are in stake! 

The winners, first 3, will have the chance to choose, in order of their place, between:
And there will be even a special mention having as prize:
(And yes, I am aware that the links take you to an error page ... I'm just hoping they will be fixed, eventually ...)

Now, a few words about the contest:

Who can participate?
Everyone, subscribed or not subscribed (p2p or f2p), as long as they have a character on the server Echo to redeem the prize, in case they win.

What do you have to do to participate?
  • Choose a map or a haven bag room of your own, and an outfit (can even be "naked" character as if it were in pjs, the night before Saint Nicholas' day on December 6th), take a screenshot and post it, with the map where your character leaves his/ her shoes over night for Saint Nicholas to be filled in with pressies, cuz he is supposed to leave the presents in your shoes (at least this is the tradition in my country). Please, do not edit the screenshots. (And nom you don't have to actually drop your boots equips on ground for the screenshot; just pretend you have done it, imagine it is done.)
  • Also, write a few lines, saying if your character has been good during the year (I donno, as in, s/he saved the grass and plants and flowers from Tainela from the nasty gobballs, etc, for example) and say what gifts s/he expects for being kind, what s/he'll do with them, etc; or say if your character has been bad during the year (I donno, as in, s/he has slaughtered and almost has taken to extinction all mastogobs in frigost, etc, for example) and s/he is expecting a rod for being naughty.

Deadline
January 30, 2020, 23:59 DUT (Dofus universal time).

Posts can be edited?
No.
(As a side note, it would be nice to have it back on forums that feature letting players see too when was a post last edited. It used to be like this in the past, on the "old forums".)

Yes, they can be edited, but only until the deadline.
It had to be changed, from "no", to this "yes" now, cuz some might encounter difficulties at posting their pictures, and might need to remake/ edit the post to make their picture visible.

Observations
Please respect Ankama general rules for posting, as in, not be rude, do not use swearing, do not be racist, etc.

Special mention
To Dorigames (Dorigami) - server Echo - Guild -Umbra - alliance [VALHA], who offered to sell me at some cutely discounted prices the items I have for prizes for this contest C1, and for C2 too for February (yes, they will come more contests).

Future special mentions
If you would like to sponsor/ help founding this C1 contest, or any of the future ones, please, let me know.
Your character's name will be added to the contest notice at "special mentions", if you agree for it to become public
The plan is to do a contest each month, but I am not sure I can generate that income myself, so, I'd be very happy if others could help founding the prizes pool too.

Good luck !!!

3 -4
First Ankama intervention

What a lovely idea for a contest. wub

Here are two tutorials that could help out. 

Good luck everyone!
See message in context
Reactions 14
Score : 10226
Hi I'm Angel, seriously, my name is Angel.  I try very hard every day to always live up to the name my Granma gave me. I've been good this year, I promise! All my baby Dragoturkeys and pets are happily fed, watered and tucked up in bed each day. I havent beaten anybody up (other players)  and always remember to go see Antyklime Ax for daily prayers. (I also try to help other players if they ask for help on the R> and C> channels angel )
6 -2
Score : 29

Hi everyone I'm Bella!! This year was a bit tough for me I've been away from my family but still it was not a bad year I'm always trying to be positive and think in a positive way cause I always believe that we attract what we think about. I was an ex gamer and with being locked down I just had a nostalgic feeling and decided to come back to Dofus again and I was happy to meet helpful and great people and also decided to help whoever needs my help :-) I've been good the whole year helping my friends and family. I would like a pink unicorn a real one !!! I love pink a lot and I love unikorns even more !!!!!

2 0
Score : 648

Hi, I'm Bob and I don't like kwismas!

Last year all my seemyools died because I couldn't be bothered paying attention to them.
I'll steal your tofu lollipop if I see you around.
I make fun of people on community chat
I'll edit this post after the deadline.
When Ankama say something, I just diss them.
I think internet cats suck.
I couldn't even be bothered getting out of my house to take a screenshot for this contest.
The list could go on for a while but I'm not gonna waste any more time in this thread!

Ah right, one more: I don't even wear shoes, so yeah you know where you can shove those gifts Santa!

2 -5
Score : 881

If what holds you back from posting is not being sure how to post an image, then you may want to have a look at this :

https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/2-general-discussion/338253-how-post-picture-forums-using-postimages-org

It shows you how to post a screenshot on forums, with pictures step by step on how to do it.

It works both for p2p or f2p players/ accounts. 

1 0
Score : 1
0 0

Good luck everyone!
Here's another lovely thread. Care to comment or is your time too valuable for doing something other than telling people how to post screenshots?
1 -3
Score : 170

I AM YAMEROO, I AM THE WORLD ENDER! 
a lot of people thought they can kill me AHAHAHA ! Behold my power mortals !
I once begged for death, now I am its bringer!  After i killed Solar ex-Protector of the month of Javian this year and slaughtering every zombie in the zone, I took Magmatic Steps as my home to meditate so i can start a new year of destruction.

PS: You think you can kill me? Come, let me show you hell!
2 0
Score : 170

Closer Version : 

1 0
Score : 40

My year has been quite colossal!
For I am Orukam's apostle!
Slaughtering people in thee's name, "we will save Pandala" is what they claim
Oh citizens of Pandala, do not call me heartless, for I am simply an assassin who mastered the art of using his heart less
Beware during the night, the Ink Dragon's Apostle will get rid of everything in his sight
3 0

Hello all,

First of all, I am sorry I took so much time to decide winners.
The thing is, all entries are just super ultra mega great !
It is absobloodylutely hard to decide !!!

Then, since not even half of week I can't split myself into liking some entries more than others, I thought to do it ... as for Mini Miss Contests!
Sometime, when I wait for my fav shows to start on TLC, they are few minutes left of other shows, and one of them is of Mini Miss. Now, I am not going to get into if that's a good or a bad thing to do, it is not the place nor the time for a discussion like that here. 
What I will take from those kinds of contests is the idea of having everyone win! A title greater and cuter than the other! And prizes too! Ofc!

So, let's cut this short, you have been waiting already many days, sorry again about it...

In no particular specific order, the prizes go as this:

• for the most explosive humor and irony, an explosive rogue seemy harness for Cepha aka bricolbob, gz;
  • for the most terrific and bold posts, where there is an obvious tie, for their braveness for going to such scary places for their posts, a bold cra dt harness e.a. for AuraOfMadness aka Yameroo and narutoafif2 aka Todeskiller, plus a rub hands scroll emote e.a. to rub the heads of their dts to take them fast out of those dark places that really give me the chills, gz;
  • for the most positive post and most lovely sac, a lovely sadida dt harnes; I wish it made after it sadida dolls too, to help spread the love and positivness aroud the world of 12; gz, Angelsnow aka Angeltt;
  • for the most optimistic post, to help her cra run faster in the brak city of darkness where screenie was taken, a barbaric dt harness for our optimist OMG-Bella aka Omg-Bella, plus, to blend better among the citizens of brak, an al howin shield cape helm sword, gz;
  • then, for giving it a try, even if he didn't manage to post the screenie nor finish the post, but since sometime what it matters is to participate, a mandibular shield for -SaTuRuGoJo- aka Satoru-Goj-o, gz.

Please contact me in game for your prizes.
Congratulations to you all!
And I hope to see you all (and more of you) at next contests too!
2 0

Thanks for the contest, it was fun to participate.

One thing though, what irony and what humor ? cool

1 0

I just luveeeeedddddddd your post; as I did everyone else's.
I was kindof speechless, so my words were rather pale, compared to the great work you all guys did!!!!

1 0

Hello.

I hope you do read this, narutoafif2 aka Todeskiller
I have been looking for you since I have announced the winners.
I still owe you a cra dt harness and a rub hands emote scroll.

Hope to meet you ig soon, to give them to you.

Maybe you could tell me when do you usually log, DUT?
And which chars do you play more often?

[ EDIT : Feb 27th ]

[Ankama]DOFUS|2021-01-22 17:05:32

Good luck everyone!

Me bad!
Sorry for late thanks, for adding this to the thread. 
WTG

And plese, do not be shy, make your presence seen on others C-x too ; ) in the future : p

PS: One of the winners has declined though to pick a prize, letting it to be gifted and make someone happy. I think I might use that, for prize pool for D-E-C-E-M-B-E-R ; )
2 0
Respond to this thread