FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

My thoughts and review of Temporis V

By CoolRay#6774 - SUBSCRIBER - April 26, 2021, 21:57:27
AnkaTracker

I'll be really honest here: I was actually super excited for Temporis V. It had a super interesting concept, and really altered how you played the game. Also the cosmetics looked pretty interesting, like the cat ceremonial pet, and the dice headgears. 

As I continued playing Temporis V, I did have a pretty good time. It was fun going around, killing everything, and crafting a bunch of things. However, while initially slow, the issues starting piling up exponentially faster. 

Firstly, lag: Since everyone, their mother, and probably a dead relative or two, is playing Temporis V, that means the game is super laggy to the point where simply moving to another map takes almost a minute. I lucked out though, and my alliance got hold of a dead incarnam, where we were the only people there. Had I not gotten this dead incarnam, I would have quit sooner.

Secondly, grind: Initially at first, doing each level quest takes a few minutes at best. There are some cards that are a pain to make, and its more effective just to buy them since they're dirt cheap anyway. But this is the early game; everything is craftable and cheap to get. But once you get to level 20, the items get more complex, require more drops, and higher crafting level to make. Fortunately, there's a lot of french players in every workshop that will craft your stuff for free, which is awesome. But I'm level 34 now, and the items I need to drop have a low drop rate, and I can't play with Idols because I can't take on huge groups like I can in Ilyzaelle. I can take 1-2 monsters maximum, because we're not over leveled in this server. Before it was about 10-20 minutes per level up quest. But now, its multiple hours per level, and its all just grinding out to get each material.

Thirdly, RNG: This is a personal issue, since I don't like gambling. The dice headgear in the server look pretty nice. I honestly wish I could get them. The issue is that you have to gamble all the way to get it. I'm honestly not a fan of this since my luck is notoriously bad. (Ignoring my luck getting the dead incarnam) I do wish there was a repeatable quest that gave Richokens rather than Catokens. If there is, I certainly don't know about it, since there's a lot of things that are unclear here. In fact, it took a solid 20 minutes before I figured out how to access the level up quests.

Fourthly, clarity: There's a lot about this server that I don't know, several hours in to playing on it. This is quite annoying since I had to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to level up in the first place since I didn't immediately get the quest to level up. I instead had to talk to the ecaflip outside the Ecaflip portal. (He didn't have a "!" above his head, so this confused the hell out of me) Also, for several days I didn't know where to spend my Catokens since it wasn't mentioned anywhere where I could use them. Everyone only bought richokens, not catokens. It wasn't by randomly chance, days later, that I learned from a guildie that you have to talk to certain NPCs in Ecaflip to spend them to play RNG games. This also applies heavily to tempokens. 

Final thoughts:

Temporis V was a great idea on paper, but its execution is what killed it. I would recommend trying it out, but I won't judge you at all if you quit, or don't try it at all. I highly doubt anyone will get anywhere close to 200. I don't even think 150 is feasible given the time scale.

I give Temporis V a C-. Points for creativity. Point reduction for poor execution.

5 -2
First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone!

I am hearing you loud and clear. 

The Lag on opening day
That was something, wasn’t it? The influx of players was insane but we reinforced what we could. It was to be expected but soon enough it stabilized as more people figured out the “unique” Incarnam instance possibility. Also, as players leveled and started exploring different areas of the World of Twelve, things got better.
We continue to actively monitor all Temporis V servers regarding lag issues and act accordingly.

The grind
Each Temporis edition is tailored to a different group of players to provide variety. We understand we can’t please everyone.
The goal this time is to provide an alternative experience where your character level is not the overall representation of your investment. We are aware that you need to choose between leveling your character or crafting items, levelling professions, but the opportunities are there for each person to progress. The key is to work together, with others, as a community.

However, in saying that, we are listening to all your comments, across all different communities, and we have been working on reconciling what our view of Temporis V is and your views as players of what will make it more enjoyable. As such, we have slowly (but surely!) been making changes, among which:

• We’ve doubled the global drop rate.
  • The amount of dungeon monster resources needed for Ecaflip card recipes have been reduced.
  •  Rune generation bonus of 777% will be active until the end of the server.
  • Simplified recipes to reduce the farming (removed hard to obtain mats from Ecaflip card recipes).

We will continue our efforts to improve your Temporis V experience. 

Clarity
Be it new content, quests, dungeon mechanics, we want to let players explore and discover together the details of how things work, checking maps, talking to all available NPCs to see what they offer, or say. However, if you share your feedback on this point is because those interactions weren’t sufficient, so I can assure you that I will share the feedback with the team for future editions. 

For the big golden cat, try giving him 500 x of a gatherable resource. He should give you 1 rare version of it in exchange (for example: for 500 kraloves he will give you 1x unique kralove). You didn’t hear it from me! ph34r

On the comment of end game characters with end game gear trying to drop cards from end game dungeons, another modification brought forward was that the card drop rate is greatly increased at high level.

That’s is all from me for tonight.
I want to wrap up by thanking you all for taking the time to share your feedback in such a constructive manner. Keep it coming! wub

Manaia

PS – I will finish the English translation of today’s Ankama Live hopefully tomorrow and it will be published once it is finalized. A lot of things that I wrote here were explained and discussed in more detail this morning.
See message in context
Reactions 14
Score : 1788

Hey, you can trade your Richokens for Catokens with the eca-npc standing next to the Ecaflip City Zaap. The ratio is 1:1.

1 0
Score : 101

I agree with you on one thing: it is true that everything what you just said is exactly the first impression temporis gives you, but once you dive deeper, take your time with it, you realize it is by far, best defus experience ever.

I'd like to point out just one thing I'd have liked to see: server distribution done like on temporis IV , give each smaller community a personal server. Personally I like French people, but there is just such a huuuuuge gap in game-play and game-knowlegde beteween them and us, is just not fair to compete on the same server. 

3 -1
Score : 92

Very well written post!
I agree with very many of the points you pointed out especially the clarity issue! Still afraid to spend my tokens haha.

However, I in fact love the grindy aspect of it. I just wish like you said they had a better execution.

1 0
Score : 1604

There is 1 big issue. Temporis IV is a single account server but literally everything on this tempo is against single player. Every single activity is made purely for group only so if you started solo you won't get anywhere.
Example: You want to get lv 30 so you need to beat Royal Gobbal, 1 level 29 even with sidekick = dead.
On Tempo at this point you stuck until someone will help you out with bigger group.
Normal server you just farm a bit for level and do dungeon a bit later.

I really want to see level 199 with 199 gear doing all end game dungeons without guarantee card drop to get lv 200

1 -1
Score : 18153

However the way Temporis V is designed, there will always be people doing the dungeon because it is required to level up. Whereas in other servers, you can just leech in DrHossil all the way to 200. 
I never spent more than 10 minutes looking for a dungeon group.

2 0
Score : 132

come back to normal server guys market is dying!! come back now buy all the resources for like half of the usual price!!

0 -2
Score : 1699
  • I do wish there was a repeatable quest that gave Richokens rather than Catokens.

Is there a repeatable quest that gives Catokens?

I agree with CoolRay on many fronts, and I'm not saying that I'm not enjoying this Temporis, but it does seem excessively grindy to me. I do like the whole idea of doing everything in your level bracket, like dropping cards from creatures and crafting cards with items from the same level. My issue is that these recipes are way harder when compared to their normal server counterpart. Also, the drop chances aren't the best for low-level characters.

Another thing people do need to take into account is that Dofus is an MMO. It is meant to be played with other people, and if you do that, it will certainly get easier to advance in-game. I understand that some people either don't enjoy playing with a group or don't really have anyone to play Temporis with. Temporis can be really stressful, especially when you have a limited amount of time to progress in-game and get your desired rewards. If you are playing mostly by yourself like me, it can get frustrating trying to do anything. This only gets worse when you get left behind in levels and don't find anyone to help you because they already moved on from that area. This is further exacerbated by the fact that you don't get experience from doing other activities like quests or achievements. If you can't level up, you are basically stuck on your level, on your quests, and on your achievements. The progression feels incredibly slow. I can't even imagine, how hard this will be at later levels.

Nevertheless, there are some aspects that I find were done well compared to the previous Temporis editions, that being the way to get bounties. I cannot begin to express how stressful it was to search for them and once you found their spawn map, having to wait for hours for the mob to appear. Being able to exchange Richokens for search and arch tokens is one of the best ideas ever!

A small note on the subject of exchanging tokens and what to do with them, I partially agree with CoolRay on this. There was little clarity on what to do with Catokens, Richokens, where to spend them, and how. I did go around, in the beginning, talking to every NPC to try and figure out my options, but a lot of players still have no idea what to do with them. I still see players asking what to do with Catokens and where to use them. Also, if anyone knows exactly what kind of agricultural resources to exchange that big golden cat in Ecaflip city, please let me know. kiss

I'm also enjoying the whole card game concept that gets you equips, food, and other items as well. I personally love all of the games, especially the Chafer one. Seriously, I would love for Ecaflip city to be a thing in normal servers as well. Can't we bring it back too after Temporis V is done? fear

2 0

I actually quite like the Chafer one. Mathematically speaking, the chafer crit is the game that gives you the highest chance of winning tokens.
In the larva race, you have a 1/4th chance of winning, since there are 3 other larvae.
In the minikron game, you have a 50% chance, but it gives you the option to continue going with less probabilities of winning. 
In chafer crit the odds of you winning will always be 50%, and if you do win, there's a chance you will get a more rare chafer too, which will give you bonus Richokens.

1 0

Hi everyone!

I am hearing you loud and clear. 

The Lag on opening day
That was something, wasn’t it? The influx of players was insane but we reinforced what we could. It was to be expected but soon enough it stabilized as more people figured out the “unique” Incarnam instance possibility. Also, as players leveled and started exploring different areas of the World of Twelve, things got better.
We continue to actively monitor all Temporis V servers regarding lag issues and act accordingly.

The grind
Each Temporis edition is tailored to a different group of players to provide variety. We understand we can’t please everyone.
The goal this time is to provide an alternative experience where your character level is not the overall representation of your investment. We are aware that you need to choose between leveling your character or crafting items, levelling professions, but the opportunities are there for each person to progress. The key is to work together, with others, as a community.

However, in saying that, we are listening to all your comments, across all different communities, and we have been working on reconciling what our view of Temporis V is and your views as players of what will make it more enjoyable. As such, we have slowly (but surely!) been making changes, among which:

• We’ve doubled the global drop rate.
  • The amount of dungeon monster resources needed for Ecaflip card recipes have been reduced.
  •  Rune generation bonus of 777% will be active until the end of the server.
  • Simplified recipes to reduce the farming (removed hard to obtain mats from Ecaflip card recipes).

We will continue our efforts to improve your Temporis V experience. 

Clarity
Be it new content, quests, dungeon mechanics, we want to let players explore and discover together the details of how things work, checking maps, talking to all available NPCs to see what they offer, or say. However, if you share your feedback on this point is because those interactions weren’t sufficient, so I can assure you that I will share the feedback with the team for future editions. 

For the big golden cat, try giving him 500 x of a gatherable resource. He should give you 1 rare version of it in exchange (for example: for 500 kraloves he will give you 1x unique kralove). You didn’t hear it from me! ph34r

On the comment of end game characters with end game gear trying to drop cards from end game dungeons, another modification brought forward was that the card drop rate is greatly increased at high level.

That’s is all from me for tonight.
I want to wrap up by thanking you all for taking the time to share your feedback in such a constructive manner. Keep it coming! wub

Manaia

PS – I will finish the English translation of today’s Ankama Live hopefully tomorrow and it will be published once it is finalized. A lot of things that I wrote here were explained and discussed in more detail this morning.
Score : -35

I find the instructions to be completely unclear. I'm playing with a higher level player, and while I respect your ability to level users, I'm completely lost as to how I should catch up.

In the future, I would expect:

1. Less words in responses to people on forums
  2. The ability to vote on your answer
  3. More instructions

The fact that I have to pry and Google everything just to get an answer is stupid. Take it or leave it.
0 -5
Score : 1604

Thats really good news overall smile

0 0

Blitztard|2021-04-29 13:38:47
I find the instructions to be completely unclear. I'm playing with a higher level player, and while I respect your ability to level users, I'm completely lost as to how I should catch up.

In the future, I would expect:
  1. Less words in responses to people on forums
  2. The ability to vote on your answer
  3. More instructions

The fact that I have to pry and Google everything just to get an answer is stupid. Take it or leave it.

What on earth are you talking about? They literally just addressed everything that I mentioned.
2 0
Score : 133

By 'work together' do you mean how the top alliances can bully percs and people out of areas they want to monopolise? Or how if i try and get a mob for myself i am called a thief? Or how you merged the servers in such a way that separated lots of us forcing most of us to quit? Seems like this tempo was just for the old players, it was incredibly repelling to new/returning players.

1 -2

This is not something can be designed around and is expected to happen in every new server due to power differences. 
Also "Merging servers in such a way that separated lots of us"? That doesn't make a lot of sense. If you're all on the same server, you're still together. Its not like Ankama said "Okay half of this server goes to this other server, and the other half goes somewhere else." 
Temporis is kind of targeted at new players, since it requires a lot of game knowledge on how to do it efficiently versus other players. Also you don't *have* to partake in Temporis V. You can stay on your regular server and not even notice it. Temporis V is 100% optional. 

2 0
Respond to this thread