FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

FLY'N is ready to sprout in the launcher!

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - May 10, 2021, 11:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

There's a new kid (or, more precisely, an old classic) in town in the Ankama Launcher. Experience the magic and wonder of FLY'N, the soaring, highly addictive, and totally free PC game made right here at Ankama!

Enjoy a lush getaway to a world that's right out of a dream! FLY'N is a finely crafted puzzle platformer in which you play as a tiny bud sprouted from a huge World-Tree.

Available in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian, FLY'N is totally free! You don't even need to be subscribed to the DOFUS online game or have an active booster in WAKFU in order to play. The only two requirements are an Ankama account and a Windows PC.

Discover it (or rediscover it!) now in Ankama Launcher!

YouTube
Manage Cookie Preferences
First Ankama intervention

bohemia|2021-05-10 12:04:22
Good day,

The creature looks cute!

Question: Is there any pet or petsmount or at least harness of some sort, the reward for completing this minigame?

Another question: If it aint available any of the above atm ... maybe devs can take it into account? For future game development?

Hello!
I do hope you give it a go! 

Fly'n was released in 2012 and is completely separate from DOFUS.
There are no DOFUS rewards for completing Fly'n (50+ levels) and, for now, there are also no plans to incorporate Fly'n themed content in DOFUS. Even as cute, adorable little ceremonial items... <_<

See message in context
Reactions 8
Score : 343
Good day,

The creature looks cute!

Question: Is there any pet or petsmount or at least harness of some sort, the reward for completing this minigame?

Another question: If it aint available any of the above atm ... maybe devs can take it into account? For future game development?

0 -1
Score : 2664

As someone who bought and played this on steam a while ago, I definitely recommend checking it out! Just about everything was great, and the atmosphere was excellent.

2 0

bohemia|2021-05-10 12:04:22
Good day,

The creature looks cute!

Hello!
I do hope you give it a go! 

Fly'n was released in 2012 and is completely separate from DOFUS.
There are no DOFUS rewards for completing Fly'n (50+ levels) and, for now, there are also no plans to incorporate Fly'n themed content in DOFUS. Even as cute, adorable little ceremonial items... <_<

Score : 901

"FLY'N is totally free! You don't even need to be subscribed to the DOFUS"

I mean... it has been free for 9 years. What a call it would be to make it p2p now.

0 0

Fly'N had been a one-time purchase on the Steam Store and other platforms, and not a free to play game. You might be thinking of a different game from Ankama?

Score : 1606

I have this game on Steam. Bought it years ago. A lovely little gem.

0 0
Score : 365

I used to play this game on on old steam account I since lost. I get nostalgic just thinking about it, (really loved that game).

0 0
Score : 128

Hey Hey Hey,

first of all a Big Thanks to Ankama! This is great news.
I’m part of those who have bought this game right after release (back in 2012!) on Steam, but unfortunately this game probably never got as popular as its quality would’ve deserved. That’s why I’m very glad for all the players who can now discover and experience Fly’N and I want to recommend it, too, from the player’s side.

Now I want to take the opportunity to say Thanks again, this time to the 9 developers of the game:
I don’t even know whether you all are still working at Ankama anymore and it’s very sad that you’ve never got the opportunity to develop and release a sequel. But this game, that exists completely seperate from the rest of the Ankama universe, gave me great joy when I was a young skip just like Flyn is! A platformer from the makers of my favourite MMORPG, that’s what I found so great and I’ve played it not less than 2 times at 100% and I’m going to do it again (… can I still beat it?). Last but not least a special Thanks to the composer of the game’s soundtrack; even more often than I have played the game I have listened to its music. I’m in love with it and I’m still listening to it from time to time.
Sylvain Trabut, Marine Freland, Thomas Baron, Sébastien Picard, Gérault Bruyère, Sylvain Guerrero, Mathieu Laine, Mathieu Trabut und Guillaume Pervieux... you have created a wonderful game and you all are simply the best! Thank you!

1. The Controls
The re-release has a somewhat strange default setting here. Although you can play the game with a game controller I always played it with mouse and keyboard and it works quite well. If you want to do the same, I can recommend the original key bindings which you should check out and maybe change in the options (start menu: options -> controls). I believe clicking on "default" should already do the trick, but if not here are the bindings I used:
W, A, S, D for up, left, down, right respectively
Left mouse button for "jump"
W again for "glide" (binding W twice works and is quite nice to play with)
Right mouse button for "special"
Space for "vision"
R for "checkpoint"
"Chirp" has no function relevant to the game, it just looks cute.

2. A Little Bit of Jargon for Fly'N
The characters:
Flyn, the 1. character is blue and can sing to activate things or wake up some of the habitants.
Lyft, the 2. character is green and can stick to walls and move onto them.
Ywok, the 3. character is black and can turn into an invulnerable gummi ball.
Nyls, the 4. character is orange and can dash up to 3 times through the air.
Their first letters form FLYN again!

Hely: Bubble-like spheres throughout the levels. They always float upwards and work as some sort of key. Flyn can put them into things by singing and sometimes he can take them out again, too.

Cocoon: The central cave inside a world tree. From here you can chose the levels (going upwards) or change the world tree (via the roots at the bottom). You also collect your gained Helys here and can get to some more locations.

3. The Game’s Principles
Although there is a little story behind Fly'N that you may discover over the time, the main idea is to simply master each level.
There are 4 different types of levels to distinguish:
The normal levels (4 per world), the time pressure levels (I’m calling them "running stages", there are 3 per world), the boss levels (1 per world) and finally the bonus levels. There are different goals for each type of level, with the easiest goal being to simply reach their end to unlock the next level. Eventually you’re going to meet the final boss and finally get to see the end credits when playing like this and even this isn’t that easy. Though the real challenge is reaching 100% at every level and true pros may try to additionally reach their best time possible for maximum score. Going for time though is not that important in my opinion, reaching 100% is already the core challenge. With the Helys you’re going to collect you may unlock artworks in the cocoon or comic pages if you’re interested in the background story.

Normal Level:
The main interest here is to explore and search for secrets. There’s a lot to find in every level and some secrets are hidden quite well. You’ve reached the 100% by collecting all 4 additional Helys.
You usually need them during a level to activate stuff but there are always 3 more than needed. By collecting all 300 pollen, you’re getting the 4th Hely and have therefore reached 100%. To make all of the 300 pollen spawn in the first place you have to find the 3 special creatures of the level and wake them up with Flyn, they will then spawn more pollen.
-> Find the inhabitants and wake them up with Flyn (spawns pollen each time).
-> Collect all 300 pollen (rewards you with a Hely).
-> Find the other 3 Helys (to make it a total of 4).

Running Stage:
They hide secrets, too, but the main difficulty comes from surviving, i.e. reaching the end with 0 deaths. By doing so you’re saving a special inhabitant of the world tree and unlock their specific bonus level. In return there are no other creatures to wake up here. There is a total number of 200 pollen, rewarding you with a Hely again, aswell as 3 other additional Helys to find.
-> Reach the end of the level without dying (unlocks a bonus level).
-> Collect all 200 pollen (rewards you with a Hely).
-> Find the other 3 Helys (to make it a total of 4).

Boss Level:
They always consist of two parts. During the first part you have to deal damage to the boss a classic number of 3 times to defeat them, while in the second part you're destroying the machinery from the inside. Here you're once again collecting pollen, but this time there are only 150. There are no further Helys or Inhabitants, so you're getting a maximum of 1 Hely.
-> Collect all 150 pollen during the second part of the level (rewards you with a Hely).

Bonus Level:
These levels aren’t part of the main journey through the world trees and their 8 levels each, instead you can enter them - after you’ve unlocked them by saving an inhabitant in a running stage with 0 deaths - from the cocoon. They can have all sorts of gimmicks, sometimes special jump challenges, sometimes a tricky puzzle. The goal is always to hit the item at the end to finish the level. If you manage to beat all bonus levels of a specific world, there will be a special reward for you in the cocoon!

3. Calculating Your Score
You’re scoring points at the end of every level. It can be fun trying to beat your own high score or you may want to compete with your friends. The breakdown of your score is as follows:
100 points for each pollen collected
1000 points per Hely (including the 4th Hely you get from all pollen)
Up to 10 000 points for your time. There’s an individual but hidden time for each level that’s equivalent to full 10 000 points and you’re scoring them depending on how close you came to this time. If you’re a lot slower than this, the points for time will be 0.
Up to 10 000 points for surviving, each death up to the 10th subtracts 1000 points, so at 10 or more deaths you won’t get any bonus points.
At normal levels you’re also getting a percent bonus for each woken up tree creature: 33,3% for one, 66,6% for two and 100%, meaning doubled score, with all three!
This makes the maximum score for normal levels (30 000 + 4000 + 10 000 + 10 000) x2 = 108 000
The maximum score for running stages is (20 000 + 4000 + 10 000 + 10 000) = 44 000
The maximum score for boss levels is (15 000 + 1000 + 10 000 + 10 000) = 36 000

Here are some advanced tips for controlling your gameplay:

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Pressing R to return to your last checkpoint is very useful. Sometimes it’s just a nice time saver, sometimes it’s even neccessary, but most importantly it’s your best friend during the running stages. Let me put it like this: Every checkpoint has a pre-set level for the rising trash lava, so if you return to the last checkpoint, and may it be in the last second... well it makes ending these levels with 0 deaths a lot easier.

Ywok’s special ability is pretty cool, but it’s also hard to control. The actual best control is using it as little as possible. Often times it’s enough to just activate it very shortly when touching some bad, glowing, red stuff, or you cancel it somewhere during your special jump, for example at the highest point, and start gliding instead.

Nyls’ ability is not just the triple dash, it’s also the ability to freeze completely mid air by holding and not releasing the special ability button, which may give you some time to wait or think.
Also: As soon as you have dashed you aren’t able to jump normally anymore, though you can dash after your jumps. You’ll reach maximum height and mobility by doing jump, (glide), jump, (glide), dash, (glide), dash, (glide), dash, (glide).
So yeah, Fly'N is really awesome! It’s demanding and challenging, atmospheric with a great soundtrack and toying around with the characters is a lot of fun. Especially when you’ve mastered all of their abilities, all the running, hopping and gliding is true joy. And, well, it’s also free now. So go check it out and get going!
0 0
Respond to this thread