FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[ C7 - JUL ] Vulkanian Summer Holidays - Letter to Echonians who haven't been yet on the island this summer

By bohemia#2044 - SUBSCRIBER - August 01, 2021, 00:40:04
Good evening,

I am sorry that [ C7 - JUL ] is starting, again, in the last hours/ day of its month.
IRL in the way ... I've been a bit busy, not enough time to sit and think it through properly.

So busy ... that I haven't even had time to go to Vulknaia this year yet ! wicked

So, for those like me, either busy irl or ig with other stuff, or for those just too lazy to go there and check it out by now, you shall have to try to make Vulkania so appealing, that all Echonians who haven't gone to the island yet this year run quickly quickly quickly to pack their underwear, socks, and a few gobbal sets as clothes to change on the road/ there, all carefully balanced on the back of a mount, and all go whistling towards the island to check it out and (re)discover it.

Participating to this contest is fairly easy :
1. first of all, you are strongly recommended to follow and respect the forum rules, be polite, kind, nice, try to be a source of inspiration to others;
2. you are not requested any kind of payment to take part in this contest, all you need is a valid Ankama account and a character on Echo to collect the prize, if you win;
3. only one entry per account/ player, but you may edit your entry till deadline;
4. take and post 3 screenshots on Vulkania (which you might crop, if needed be) to show the map/ npc/ mob/ dung room which have impressed your main character the most; 
5. please do accompany each of the 3 screenies from above with a few sentences/ phrases per screenie, to describe that place, what it means/ meant to your character, and some lil story of what is the most outstanding thing from the screenie, may it be map/ noc/ mob/ dung room; make each of the 3 stories that interesting, lively, appealing and yet mysterious, to tempt and make all Echonians to go visit Vulkania and spend some time there to discover the island, mobs, dungeon, npcs, etc;
6. deadline: August 14th, 23:59 PM , DUT.

Prizes:

References of previous contests:

PS: Some of the prizes have their links to Dofus Wiki where available; where not available there, the links are to ... Encyclopedia ... tho they might only lead to ... 404 All roads lead to the world of twelve ... Err, except this one!

4 -1
Reactions 10
Score : 302

Hello, my story is still a WIP from the last event, got terrible writers block! But here's 3 cool vulkana things!

I love these purple crystals, what can I say lol. I used to have geodes IRL and they remind me of them when I was a kid.
Just a funny mob name (sleep ftw biggrin)
I wonder how he likes his eggs ohmy

The sign is based off Jurassic Park, the movie one of my favorite movies growing up!!
4 0
Score : 302

Fun fact the dino on the Jurassic Park logo is a T-rex and they didn't live in the Jurassic period.

5 0
Score : 77

hahahahahahahahah laugh good to know

Tribulations#2330|2021-08-01 14:45:50
Fun fact the dino on the Jurassic Park logo is a T-rex and they didn't live in the Jurassic peri
2 0
Score : 84

Hello gentleman, fisherman, all of you awesome breeding masters and of course, beautiful ladies. I know you've been dying to hear the latest story from your favorite bounty hunter. For anyone that doesn't know me...as if there is someone like that...my name is Teldrone, the handsome and famous Cra, traveling the world, hunting and following the most notorious of criminals, and well, anyone actually if the price is right.

Our latest journey takes it's place in Vulkania. Let me just say, not sure if it's just me, being awesome and all, but this place is burning hot. My flaming arrows seem like icicles compared to this, but I digress, that's a story for later.

Let's take it a bit from the beginning. As you may know, my family is part of a long generation of well known hunters. My father put a bow in my hand at 4, and just a bit after I took out my first target. Usually kids start with tofus, but not me, I had to start big. See those bandits outside Astrub? I thought so. I'm the one that took them out. Being this good is hard. I mastered my craft by 10, and got bored by 12. So now I'm taking it a step forward, I'm a bounty hunter. Some people call me a mercenary. But those are the same people that call me arrogant, so what do they know.

This time...things took a bit of a weird turn to say the least. I was tracking down one of my targets, and well...it happens to the best of us, but I might have been hit in the head, and I might have been sleeping for a few hours after that..you know...to give him a fair head start and recover my energy...right? * looks away *
But anyways..* clearing throat *...that's how I ended up here in Vulkania. 
Not a bad place to start a new adventure, if I may say so myself. Besides, you know, all the lava, dinosaurs, creatures that want to eat you and...what was I saying...? Right, pretty nice place.

Problem is, these cute dino-dragon shells, are not so cute up close. My bounty knows that better than anyone, he's inside one now, probably swimming with the fishes in gastric acid, or you know, what's left of them.

So, what am I hunting now? Well the same target obviously, a little gastric acid, or lava won't scare me, I'll bring him with me even if I pick him up bone by bone. Besides....this target pays pretty well...and all that Inn debt and the gifts I have to give to my lovely ladies back in Astrub...are not cheap.

Hunted about 100 of these pesky un-grown lizards so far, didn't find my target, but these things really like eating some weird stuff. Even found kamas in some of them, not that I complain.
Anyway, how about you join and give me a hand? Consider it a mentorship of sorts. I'm not even asking you for kamas, even though I could. See you in Vulkania, if I don't end up in one of them too, I'll take you under my wing.
2 0
Score : 10568
I wont participate in this competition but GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! huh

(After the first year of Vulkania opening and getting to fight the big Lizard and Turtle men themselves the "joy" of having to repeat the quest each year to get to the actual dungeon and trying to find, then fight raw sauroshells kind of gets a bit dull, especially a decade laterohmy )
2 0
Score : 79

hello guys againe, it's junou, We meet today in Vulcania, the weather is very hot, so you find every morning I swim here, the view is also beautiful at night
https://i.postimg.cc/Y9hsNPZC/Capture000.png

I hang out here with my friends in the evening, drink coffee, talk and playing games, it's quiet here not much comes here it's an isolated area only the indigenous people know it, it's the best place in Vulcania to pass time
https://i.postimg.cc/Y0Bz4ywV/Capture.png

When I want to sit alone, there is no better place than this. It is an underground area with a lot of crystals that shine bright at night in all colors. Really an amazing place that everyone should see.
https://i.postimg.cc/s26VDt5j/Capture1.png

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9hsNPZC/Capture000.png

3 0
Score : 1657

0 0
Score : 99

Ah, hot summers on Vulkania, how I wait for them every year! Unfortunately, like all places worthwhile, they are increasingly hard to enjoy in peace. In the first weeks they are crawling with loud, obnoxious tourists, poking their annoying noses into every nook and cranny. They do tend to lose interest after the first few weeks, but still you have to be on the lookout for the monsters all over the place. This is why my favourite place on Vulkania is a small place out of the way, Anonimoy Island. It has golden beaches that never see any monsters and tourists rarely step foot on it with it being so remote and lacking marketable valuables. There is even a hut there for my surfing equipment, where I can hide from the heat of the sand and cook my capture of the day:

And the absolute best thing about it is that, due to its insignificance, it hasn’t warranted a big welcoming ferry to ensure access to it. The organisers have seen fit to only provide the smallest of boats, which ensures that Grozilla and Grasmera would never get me there since their ample behinds would never fit in it. I do feel sorry for the 5-O Kana Kulakua there – surely the organisers could have skipped putting a ferryman there since there is no proper ferry to tend to. My heart goes out to those poor employees, I understand that people might choose not to pay them the fare, but I will never understand why some choose to hit them with an oar too:
Last but not least, a holiday on Vulkania cannot possibly be complete without paying respects to my patron god. As a faithful Osa, I am delighted that the organisers respect the might of our merciful lord, the only demon among gods, Osamodas. Go pay a tribute to him at Aussiemod Islet:
4 0
Score : 1657
Thank you all for participating and/ or viewing this thread.
I am sorry that Vulkania wasn't top of destinations for many of you (me, included; I don't get it, why, for more seasonal game content, you have to re-do the whooooleee access and etc and w.e. quests, in order to get to some places/ access sub-quests derived from others already done, even a few times, in previous years).
Honestly, I was looking for some ... impulse ?! ... maybe from the enthusiasm of the partcipants, to make me visit at least for 5 mins Vulkania this year ...
... But, truth to be said, I am having more fun doing random dungs, to level some rhines to breed them.
I still don't know if I will go, to make 1% Vulkania done ... I'm still considering it ... but slim chances, really.
And game content soooo old ... really ... NOTHING new can be added, every odd or even year? That'd be pretty nice.

Anyway, congrats and mega congrats to all again!

Mega congrats again @ Chaos, Deedee, Heart, Junou !!! cool

And see you all @ next contest/s to come! kiss

Have a good evening all !  kiss
0 0
Respond to this thread