FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wrongfully banned: Appeal to Dofus community and moderators

By -FearFactory-#9536 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - January 18, 2022, 20:40:01
AnkaTracker ReplyTracker
Reactions 59
Score : 56

Lately i heard many cases of players getting unfair ban, and i totally believe them cause i really know who they are, the English community is suffering lately and it feels that Ankama is not helping, banning innocent loyal players is truly awful, same players kept sending you tickets and asking for help yet the only thing they received is automatic English responses.
We all know that the game is full of bugs, but this can not justify banning innocent players as the last banning wave when you banned many innocent players cause of a technical issue you had.

Lets see how you handle this case, I hope this guy can finally have a "Human" response and maybe justice

Last but not least, English/International players who are still playing this game till this day are only faithful loyal players, especially in Echo, low level content is dead and we are only bunch of veterans since 2006, our only hope is that you keep this game a peaceful place for us, and hear our voices.

Alen

5 0
Score : 303

Thanks for summing it up in a clear way bro, you legit mentioned on everything that needed to be told way earlier. Preach my homie

0 0
Score : 79

I've had the privilege of knowing Coming-undone as a player over the years and he's respectful and helpful. Additive to the community. I understand if Ankama has to streamline their support services, but this one shouldn't be overlooked. There's one thing if someone was banned due to toxicity or violation of your community rules and guidelines, and I can agree if this was done so. But the player in question does not have such a reputation and is least deserving of this decision. I hope that Ankama will please review the comments on this thread and provide another opportunity to review the decision.

6 0

thanks a lot Tiny <3 You are a good friend of mine that I enjoy the game along with. Hope we can get back in action together after the revaluation!

0 0

FREE MY HOMIE, HE AIN'T DO NOTHING.

5 0

Talk your talk Mo

0 0
Score : 119

Hey every1!  Like a few months ago i just was at  Minotot dungeon with my alts. Then one my account ( out of 4) unexpected DIED. When i tried to log back on this account i saw that my account permanently banned.I also  didn`t get any notifications on my mail. I sent a ticket to ankama, they answered that i got banned for using 3rd party programmes(bot). I thought that  it is some my fault. So i reinstalled windows to be sure i don`t have any programmes that can be reason of it  and kept play. Then i got one more account banned. It was just one(out of 4)randomly account permanently banned. So i didn`t knew how to fixed and decided to  took off my hard disk and buy another one. I did it , but still one of my accs got banned after  some time of playing. I sent thousands tickets to ankama but it doesn`t help. They are just  copy-paste their previous answers and  after i  asked for some more information about the  soft/bot im using  they always answered that they are can not disclose the information about investigate. If i would use any bot/3rd party programmes - then surely all my accounts would be noticed. I have lots of accounts on same computer, all same IP but only some one of them banned how does this makes sense? Ankama , please, reinvestigate that and let justice prevail. Sorry for my english. 

5 0

Thanks for telling us about your incident and it is crystal clear for me. I have been the same process but with a single difference: I got banned while I was 1 month inactive. But regardless, lack of support and communication to criticize at this point. I hope we get noticed and heard.

1 0

Writing here because, like everybody else, I feel that my friend (could have been anyone else) has been banned for absolutely no reason. It is known that ankama give you 0 detail or proof of what has happened and as to what made them come to that decision but in this case, not even being logged on for such long time is just unjustified to refuse to give proof/explanation as for what has lead to such conclusions. It is obvious that he has done nothing that's gone against their TOS. Honestly not sure what to say or think, It could been me, or anybody else that could have gotten banned in this manner. I sure hope that Ankama do re-consider this perma-ban because for us veterans, this is partly our pass-time and hobby, not just a video game.

Maltese -

3 0

Thanks a lot for the contribution, Malt. It really harms the game reputation and vision, which must be take care of immediately. Hopefully somethings will be revaluated and changed

0 0

Hello,
Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, community managers cannot perform the check or alter a sanction themselves, that is not part of our duties. What we can do is escalate your case to the Customer Support team and request a second check.

If you could give us a support ticket number we can escalate, that would be great.

Hi there!

Thanks a lot for the warm reply and immediate action.

Please find both of my    #2978174 ( For FR, summarised one)   &&&    #2938273 ( For EN, technically detailed one) with evidences attached.

I am hoping for a positive outcome that would justify the situation and community regains their trust to the judge once again and we can enjoy the game all together.

Best regards.

0 0
Score : 657

Please mods, forward this to support team. I cant imagine how sad it must be to lose something one was building for over 15 years.

3 0

I am deeply saddened but not trying to lose my hopes I think this case will be justified soon as it supposed to be. I am just waiting and thanks for all the help!

0 0
Score : 88

Be aware that a lot of players are quitting due to the support that you the Dofus team/Customer support/Admins give us when there is a problem like this.

It is unrespectful to get this kind of support: "Unfortunately, community managers cannot perform the check or alter a sanction themselves, that is not part of our duties. What we can do is escalate your case to the Customer Support team and request a second check."

Remember that people pay the subscriptions to play the game hence you have to provide proper solutions too.

Do people really need to push this much in order to get a problem solved?

2 0
Score : 12019

It isnt "unrespectful" to get that response from a Community Manager/Mod, in actuality its a good thing, they are going above and beyond their "job description" in order to get the case looked at again. 
They didnt HAVE to do this, they could have locked down the thread and left it at that. 

Community Managers/Moderators and similar level volunteer Ankama staff have NEVER been able to give higher level sanctions to players (permaban),  at most they can submit a request to Support for this kind of sanction to be placed and even then they do so with great caution and risk of their own Moderator position. ~ this has been repeatedly expressed  and made known throughout Dofus' life and is also included in the Terms of Use, Code of Conduct and the Contact a Mod thread in Problems and Solutions.
Its also been widely shared that information surrounding the investigation of an account and resulting sanctions are not usually shared with players, nor are Ankama under any obligation to do so.

As for providing a solution to a paid for service, its in the Terms of Use / Code of Conduct that all players automatically agree to when creating accounts.  Breeches of the ToU/CoC and resulting Sanctions (permabans) can render a persons subscription/"contract with Ankama" invalid and Ankama are not (legally) obligated to reimburse a person monetarily or virtually in any way - Article 10, Section 9
So perhaps reading all of the Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct sections might be advisable before slandering CMs/Mods?

2 -3
Score : 18

I hope Ankama will take at heart this request and they will unban him fast . 

We invest a lot of time and efforts  in this game and getting a ban after playing it for so much time it's very drepressing especially if the reason is not so clear  . 
Starting everything back from scratch after a ban it's not easy and probably a lot of people will just stop to play in the same condition . 

I also believe that it's not a good thing for anyone because they will lose a loyal client and he will not have anymore the chance to play the game he loved for so much time . 

Please do something about it  <_

1 0

Thank you bro. Biggest problem is lack of support in my opinion. I respect all staff's effort but the system is does not seem to be working well, it can be much better with helpful feedbacks.

0 0
Score : 40

I am happy to see that Ankama responded to this thread instead of locking it and hiding it like last time the community did something like this. I hope that you get a satisfactory response from support as well. Update us with any news you get. 

1 0

I am yet to hear anything yet. Still waiting, but thanks a lot for your interest!

0 0
Score : 2308

Even if I knew you, I can't make a testimony as it's objectively impossible to judge someone on their innocence based on character alone. There's been too many cases in MMO history of seemingly great people turning out to not be so great, though also bad people that turned out to be good.

But I wanted to make this statement;

Whether Ankama Support is still outsourced I don't know. But the biggest backbone of any MMO is its support team, and often the last resort for players in desperate situations. So, my philosophy is that no matter how minor the issue - support should always be human to human, and not human to script.

So regardless of whether you are innocent or guilty: I hope you at the very least receive the level of support you deserve in a difficult situation like this.

1 0

Thank you.
I am not here for seeking unconditional support and love. All point of views matter in my books. I just dont wan't people to get banned reasonless and get actual support from the company. This is my one and only wish.

I hope my voice heard crystal clear.

0 0
Score : 117

Dear Ankama Technical Staff

First of all, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that this account was banned because this accounts owner is the person who let me meet dofus when I was a kid and I have known him for 20 years. We have been playing this game together for over 10 years . I think noone with such game experience wouldn't prefer to use bots or any 3rd party application.

Since I know him personally, I guarantee that he did not make such a rule violation. I insist that you unban his account. It's a deeply sad situation for veteran players like us.

Sincerely

1 0
Score : 5757

He's still banned? mellow

0 0
Score : 657

Apparently, Bohemia got one of the accounts banned recently as well. Bumping the thread for visibility.

1 0
Score : 3498
One of my dearest and oldest friends from dofus, since even before the servers merge, had some ... lets's just call it random sanction ... applied to him, randomly, and unfairly.

Even if sanction was lifted, after many tickets to support back and forth, he's like 99% a former dofus player now; he rarely logs in game anymore, and just to say "hi" mostly. He says, he can not commit anymore his time to a game that can simply sanction you for no reason what so ever, after having played over 10 years this game.

Sad ...
0 0
Respond to this thread