FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Flash Contest - September 21th] What do you do when there is a (long) maintenance and/ or a server shutdown? Show your hobbies, share skills with us!

By bohemia#2044 - SUBSCRIBER - September 21, 2022, 03:07:12
[Flash Contest - September 21th]
What do you do when there is a (long) maintenance and/ or a server shutdown?
Show us your hobbies, share your skills with us!

Participating to this contest is fairly easy :
1. first of all, you are strongly recommended to follow and respect the forum rules, be polite, kind, nice, try to be a source of inspiration to others;
2. you are not requested any kind of payment to take part in this contest, all you need is a valid Ankama account and a character on Echo to collect the prize, if you win;
3. only one entry per account/ player, and you may edit your entry till deadline;
as many entries per account as you wish,
just make sure your post meets all requirements to be considered for  the contest (language, amount and themes of elements to post, etc);
4. it doesn't matter if you are p2p or f2p, you can participate in both cases;
5. to participate, you have to post, in the same post, the following:
  • 5.a) show us a/ some pictures of your favorite hobby/ies while you can not play Dofus;
  • 5.b) tell us how much you crave for playing Dofus, how much "addicted" you are to it, and/ or if you have ... withdrawal Dofus playing symptoms;
  • 5.c) tell us if/ how much you miss your main character/s, and if you believe they miss you too and if yes, what might be going through their heads;
  • 5.d) recommend us some (of your) hobbies or activities to do, if sleepless (after many coffees and naps, like me, tonight);
6. prizes pool ( ...  cosmetics, most probably ... ) :
  • unknown, for now, at the time I am writing this post, since servers are shut down and we do not know yet 100% if there shall be a rholl back and to what point in time;
7. deadline: 24 hrs since first posting of this thread = September 22nd, 3:07:12 DUT (Dofus Universal Time) .  

Good Luck @ All !

Previous contests:.

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

This is how my entry would be ... if the contest wasn't mine tho ... 
a) One of my favorite hobby is sewing gobelins (a piece of whiteish cloth with rare threads, where one sews line after line after line, color by color by color, making a drawing out of it, while following a pattern on paper sheets); here are some that I have made in time, and one at which I am working currently to finish it:

b) I can not lie ... I do miss Dofus the mostttt when it is unplayable; and even more now, that I have had a day - a day and a half almost only in bed (post pandemic illness), still needing loads of rest, and dad needs to be woken up early this morning to go to country side for a few days, and after several coffee cups, to make up for the coffee I've not had while being in bed napping a lot, to recover; so, yep, I miss Dofus, I'm even maybe a bit anxious, to see if there shall be a rholl back or not, and to which point in time, and what will happen with my padocks and houses ...
c) Probably my main-main misses me, LOL, thinking about when I shall decide if to maybe make her single element, or even if I keep her as bi-element, why is her the 3rd or so from my lil team to get better gear, sometime in the near/medium future; while my second-main probs doesn't give a marshmallow if I log or when, since she knows her gear will be later updated, since she aint got chest anymore for drops. Ah, and my poor main-main, former osa (for many years), now mask (for 2 years or so already) still misses the gooood oldd days when she used to summon prespics and tofus and boars and look cute and adorable at all times.
d) To recommend something to do while Dofus aint online ... Well, what's better than a book? Myself, I have 2 on my list "To read. ASAP" :

Internet, more than irl, almost, has taught me to grow thick skin, and let insults rarely come to my heart and hurt me; I need to "improve" these "skills" tho, especially for irl ...

1 0
Reactions 6
Score : 62
  • 5.a) show us a/ some pictures of your favorite hobby/ies while you can not play Dofus;
  • Glass blowing is a favorite thing to do when not gaming https://postimg.cc/bGv1R8DR - Jinx, https://postimg.cc/RWGMwJHN - Capi
  • 5.b) tell us how much you crave for playing Dofus, how much "addicted" you are to it, and/ or if you have ... withdrawal Dofus playing symptoms;
  • Forget a vacation, I am happy at home. I love the folks that make the game special. Dragons, eggs, all my favorite things
  • 5.c) tell us if/ how much you miss your main character/s, and if you believe they miss you too and if yes, what might be going through their heads;
  • My guy is happy I leave him alone. I think we give each other a headache
  • 5.d) recommend us some (of your) hobbies or activities to do, if sleepless (after many coffees and naps, like me, tonight);
  • Sleepless? Take a cruise or walk. Dog puddle
1 0
Score : 4311

Awesome story and glass work! The two of you!

0 0
Score : 179

a) I have more hobbies than it is wise but I also tend to hyper fixate on each by rotation, so I do get a good chuck of activity in each before I move on to the next. This year’s hyper fixation is crochet (see here for a general description https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crochet). I know, I know, it’s an old person’s hobby but, as far as you know, I might be a vampire hundreds of years old. So it fits, yes? The project you see above is supposed to be my Xmas scarf for this year, if I finish it on time. (The colour is a much more vibrant red than it came out in the picture). I started work on it early in the last December, when the weekly Dofus maintenance took way longer than expected. It is about a meter in length so far and I reckon it needs about another half a meter before being done.

b) I play far too much Dofus, more than is healthy. I’ve tried a few times to give it up but I never make it more than a week or two of staying away, which is a disaster for my health and social life.

c) I don’t think I miss my main, I’m starting to think my main is trying to take over and needs to be stopped. I’ve played so much that now I’ve really started to respond to my Dofus name irl, major danger sign!

d) There are too many hobbies to recommend so its easier to stick recommendations about what not to do. Do not choose something that involves dangerous tools – don’t go around handling scissors or similar when you’re sleep deprived. And don’t choose something that takes a lot of practice before getting an acceptable result, you want to start with something easy on a sleepless night, something that gives you a quick sense of accomplishment. Other than that, go crazy with whatever takes your fancy!
1 0
Wonderful entry!
Making me jelly of your scarf, even! Let's trade? Some of my hand work, for some of yours? 
0 0
I shall add an anonymous participation:

Dofus has become a home away from home to me. I live a busy lifestyle, Kids, career, hobbies, pets and Travel. Needless to say real life can get a bit hectic specially now days with the world going to hell in a hand basket with all this pandemic, recessions and wars etc etc... Dofus has become my great escape. In the land of Twelve I have no limits other than those I set myself, it has a “somewhat” fair economy and have met some of my bestest friends there. I started on Zato back in 2009 who would have thought more than 10yrs later I would have so much extended family all around the world. I say family because in my guilds I have been lucky enough to be a part of that’s what we are. We help each other and protect each other and form bonds that continue outside of the land of twelve and beyond. My nephew started the trend. He told my sons about Dofus and ofc I wanted to see what it was all about before I let my sons play. 13 yrs later its still a family day out in the land of twelve with 3 of my sons playing also. As a parent I have found many teachable moments on Dofus. Independence and humility being at the top of the list. So to describe what dofus means to me?... I couldn’t keep it to a simple few paragraphs. Its so much more than just a game like some would think. We can share as much or as little as we like and be whom ever we choose to be. Its an escape from the crappy days and a place to share your triumph's. A place to find friends and adventure and learn some basic fundamentals about independence and responsibility. As for how addicted I am, lets just say I took a break for a year or 2 when Zato shut down but ended up making a new account and back into it again. An Im glad I did. I have found so many wonderful people out there. Lets be honest, some can be down right jerks! But there a few that are amazing people that don’t have it easy but on dofus they have the life they of, friends, money, power but above all commitment and loyalty... Living the dream some would say lol. It has also given them the ambition to try some of those theories irl. Now I'm suppose to put in here something about my hobbies (if your still reading and I haven’t bored you to death yet) so here goes, My chaotic life doesn’t leave a lot of room for “hobbies” as such. I am old school though and what you might call “jack of all trades yet master of none” I can fix cars, build gates and have even done a touch of plumbing here and there. I can knit and sew and crochet, LOVE doing crafts with my children (young and old) and playing with our pets. At the moment we have a couple of small projects going. Im creating a wee fairy village in our garden with my youngest daughter and building a Koi pond with a running water feature. I care about our families echo print on the world and the effect it may have on the generations to come but I still eat meat and use plastic. My main toons are Panda and Sadi which suit me well as I am a highly qualified support worker/AIN so playing supports is my strengths. My panda and sadi hoard resources to crafts pots and meats and breads etc which I happily keep my friends feed and healthy <3 Without Dofus for the last 24hours?... yea, I’ve been a bit lost. Sadly I don’t get to log as much as I want to lately but just lost knowing I cant. Its was a long day and there's something about logging on to add that one more alamanax to my Callander so satisfying and painful to miss. I think I have bleeted on enough for now. But will leave those who read this right through with a final thought... Dofus Isn't far from how real life can be, play your life like you would on Dofus, Have a goal, create a team and make the magic happen <3 Thanks for reading (if your still awake!) Lol …. now to find a pic or 2 to put with this!

It comes to you, the reader, to separate into a) b) c) d), as the anonymous participant has, as you can see from above, quite a busy irl (sometime I do wonder how can the anonymous player who tells own story of Dofus above can manage all that, and still have time for Dofus and ig friends).

Here are also some pictures of the anonymous person's fav things/ hobbies/ etc:

0 0
And voila :
Sorry for late posting anonymous person's post, it was done quite quick after I posted the contest, I got it on my discord, I just didn't have time to put it sooner, been still pretty tired and sleepy after cvd ... MB !

0 0
Respond to this thread