FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Official] Discussion of the 17 October Update

By MathAvenger#7630 October 17, 2006, 10:29:41

Another Tuesday, another update. This one's chock full of new stuff: from mount changes and new paddocks to improvements to Dial and changes to many monster spells. Full details can be seen in the Log Book posting.

Feel free to discuss these changes, but please do so in this thread instead of starting a new thread in General Discussion -- it is, of course, okay to make an appropriate new thread in Character Classes or whichever is the proper area. We're just trying to avoid ten million new threads about the update. New threads in General Discussion pertaining to the update will be closed summarily.

0 0
Reactions 35
Score : 1270

Is not the NPC Menuer Rocopal (-20, 34, initiates brakmar alignment quest 39) back yet?

0 0
Score : 746

Piglets changes:

• their attack Finding Arrow now costs 4 AP so they only attack once every turn
  • it has critical hit now
  • I do not see it making any more damage, they still do not attack me
  • Piglets are now vulnerable to fire and have over 50% protection against Air
0 0
Score : 3047
Citation
From now on, the Xelor spell "Xelors Dial" summons a dial capable of reducing the dodging probability of his enemies.

The devs tend to unnecessarily improve those classes which already are more powerful than the notorious weak classes and leave those classes untouched which generally are considered to be too powerful. Sure, in the hand of ingenuous players Xelor's Dial was considered weak and it seams that moaning loud may actually have some effect on the devs.

Honestly, I really don't understand these improvements to Srams and Xelors in the last and this update while other classes are still buggy and notorious weak, have complete sets of spells which are generally considered in the range of effectless to unreliable and inapplicable to extremely difficult to learn and to cast.
0 0
Score : 1136

There are rumors flying around that you have to be lvl 60 to ride a mountable dragoturkey. If possible I'd like an official word on this. Our 4 dragoturkeys are close to being fertile (I hope), shame I didn't know about the 'blank spot' in the pet sellroom menu or I'd of gotten them earlier. wink and missed having them run off (not complaining about that, figured they'd do that when I bought them).

But it would really stink to of spent all those days (trial and error, mistakes on my part etc...) to breed turkeys I can't ride. I'm not big on lvling my characters by fighting, I'd much rather lvl their professions, those seem more useful to me than fighting and being able to lvl to fight something harder or wear something 'cool 'and expensive. I'm not knocking folks that do that, if they like it, more power to them, just for me its not a priority. Please do not make them only rideable by lvl 60+ folks, even if the lvl 60+ includes professions (I'd qualify for that). I've read several posts that state it as a fact, why I am asking. Thank you ahead of time.

Ionga

0 0
Score : 4717

Female mounts can win at random a serenity bonus each time they win another bonus.
Male mounts can win at random an aggressiveness bonus each time they win another bonus.

Is this random bonus a 1/40 chance like the chance of resource protector (in other words is it more like a 1/10 chance) since Ankama has no clue as how to properly set things up

0 0
Score : 4455

^ ... ever tried to make a game?

on paper things are easier then in reality...

• flashback*
0 0
Score : 1285

Most programming languages have a random function, although in my opinion it should check the make sure the newly randomized number is not the same as the last randomized number that player rolled, so to avoid Critical Failure/Hit happen 5x in a row (And to make it seem a bit 'more' random)

0 0
Score : 1263
Citation
Ionga :
There are rumors flying around that you have to be lvl 60 to ride a mountable dragoturkey. If possible I'd like an official word on this. Our 4 dragoturkeys are close to being fertile (I hope), shame I didn't know about the 'blank spot' in the pet sellroom menu or I'd of gotten them earlier. wink and missed having them run off (not complaining about that, figured they'd do that when I bought them).

But it would really stink to of spent all those days (trial and error, mistakes on my part etc...) to breed turkeys I can't ride. I'm not big on lvling my characters by fighting, I'd much rather lvl their professions, those seem more useful to me than fighting and being able to lvl to fight something harder or wear something 'cool 'and expensive. I'm not knocking folks that do that, if they like it, more power to them, just for me its not a priority. Please do not make them only rideable by lvl 60+ folks, even if the lvl 60+ includes professions (I'd qualify for that). I've read several posts that state it as a fact, why I am asking. Thank you ahead of time.

Ionga

You can be any level to ride them (as far as I unerstand). Where the level 60+ came from is it would be pretty darn difficult for anyone below that to get the spell needed to catch a dragoturkey.
0 0
Score : 264
Citation
Ionga :
There are rumors flying around that you have to be lvl 60 to ride a mountable dragoturkey. If possible I'd like an official word on this.

From SmilyCelly's update post in the Log Book:
Citation
The minimum level to equip a mount is displayed on the mount certificates.

Rumor has it that it's 60, but we'll see when the server's back up smile

Edit: Just exchanged mine for a certificate, and it indeed says "Level > 59".
0 0
Score : 80
Citation
Pobega :
Most programming languages have a random function, although in my opinion it should check the make sure the newly randomized number is not the same as the last randomized number that player rolled, so to avoid Critical Failure/Hit happen 5x in a row (And to make it seem a bit 'more' random)

The word you are refering to is Algorithm and in reality it should not happen ?x in a row as we are seeing it. Then again IF we knew what the Algorithm structure of the game was then the game would turn into a cakewalk as with any other game because there will be no speculation on the roll for the next move.

Lat
0 0
Score : 3672
Citation
BuggHunter :
Citation
From now on, the Xelor spell "Xelors Dial" summons a dial capable of reducing the dodging probability of his enemies.

The devs tend to unnecessarily improve those classes which already are more powerful than the notorious weak classes and leave those classes untouched which generally are considered to be too powerful. Sure, in the hand of ingenuous players Xelor's Dial was considered weak and it seams that moaning loud may actually have some effect on the devs.

Honestly, I really don't understand these improvements to Srams and Xelors in the last and this update while other classes are still buggy and notorious weak, have complete sets of spells which are generally considered in the range of effectless to unreliable and inapplicable to extremely difficult to learn and to cast.

i agree, xelor wasn't really the first class needed to be improved, they were quite well without that, while there are bugs and a huge difference betwing other classes...
0 0
Score : 791
  • waits for osa updates* =D

oh yes, goodjob on updates =)
0 0
Score : 243

The first "new" thing I noticed is that Metarias have become invisible.

Edit: The Resource Guardians (or at least the Bewitched Ash) now have a neutral resist of 100%?! And I though my level 14 Enu had trouble enough beating them before this! At least yesterday she could use her shovel, today it's useless against the guardians! What a nice surprise this was... I guess I'll have to try and get an elemental damage weapon to make the battles take a bit smaller eternity...

0 0
Score : 1136

I figured it was a rumor, but so many claim it as 'fact' that I figured I'd ask for an official response. Our 4 dragoturkeys are wild and not fertile yet (haven't checked today but I doubt it) someone posted that the pregnant females run away too now so will not breed them until that is fixed or verified as false.

BTW, I don't mind the items wearing out, but personally I think they wear out to fast. Before I had two patters in there that were 100/100 and 150/150 brand new since Saturday and I replaced both last night (about 5-6 hours ago) with 2 others that were 100/100. Those last two are now 9/100 and 10/100. I think 90% wear after only 5 hours is a bit to much, not like they are puppies wink.

0 0
Score : 2117

Before we all start jumping to conclusions, is there any detailed info about the new dial? Doesn't look like it. There are rumors that it will be like LoM, but I don't see where that comes from. Certainly not the official announcement, so let's wait till we see it in action before you scream unfair.

Also, this is a pretty easy fix: since the LEVEL !00 spell did nothing, it was easy to improve. I don't think the buffs that other classes need/want are as easy. This is a positive response to a problem, so maybe this is a sign of good things to come.

0 0
Score : 2941
Citation
AdLibrum :
Before we all start jumping to conclusions, is there any detailed info about the new dial? Doesn't look like it. There are rumors that it will be like LoM, but I don't see where that comes from. Certainly not the official announcement, so let's wait till we see it in action before you scream unfair.

A friend of mine with level 1 Dial tried it out on me. The spell it casts (at level 1) is a -2% to AP loss resist of infinite duration. It stacks with Loss of Motivation and can be recast by the Dial.

According to other Xelors, the effect is AoE and has a range of 4 (at level 1). How it acts at higher levels is yet unknown to me.
0 0
Score : 1411

I agree that it's so crappy that you have to be level 59 or 60 to ride the Dragoturkeys. Especially for p2p people, who should have access to such things, even if they are a bit lower level.

0 0
Score : 2684
Citation
The Piralak spell "Poisoned Peat" causes direct damage on top of damage linked to the loss of Action Points.

I guess I should have read this before I jumped that group of 6 piralaks huh. =]

Glad they did this, it felt like cheating... run to bridge, cast a cawwot to block, sit there and laugh at them. Poor things.
0 0
Score : 4717
Citation
Xarazinia :
The first "new" thing I noticed is that Metarias have become invisible.

Edit: The Resource Guardians (or at least the Bewitched Ash) now have a neutral resist of 100%?! And I though my level 14 Enu had trouble enough beating them before this! At least yesterday she could use her shovel, today it's useless against the guardians! What a nice surprise this was... I guess I'll have to try and get an elemental damage weapon to make the battles take a bit smaller eternity...

This is great, now I can't attack at all with my xelor unless the lame ass resource guardian fails to dodge since hand is a 6 ap spell. Nice of them to make the shit worse instead of adjusting these overpowered pieces of shit
0 0
Respond to this thread