FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why was my post locked?

By LouCypher August 02, 2007, 15:50:46

Ok...can anyone tell me why that post was locked with no explanation?

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 5173

Because you posted about Shika. This is the International Forum.

0 0
Score : 486

My guess is that it was locked because Shika has its own forums. I'm guessing that you play on Rosal though so it seems like you shouldn't be using that forum either. Maybe the mods just don't like you? (I'm kidding of course)

0 0
Score : 3054

Yes it was locked. These forums are not for Shika related topics.

Citation
SlimmTex :
My guess is that it was locked because Shika has its own forums. I'm guessing that you play on Rosal though so it seems like you shouldn't be using that forum either. Maybe the mods just don't like you? (I'm kidding of course)

International forums are both for Rushu and Rosal (and any international server that could come up in the future).
0 0
Score : 1171

Hmm... I have a question to you, Panoramix, and in general the mods on these boards.

Why must it be that questions that mention a server's name be automatically locked if it isn't in the forums relating to the community? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen an explicit rule stating that these forums are for Rosal and Rushu only. Could you direct me to the post where this is made clear?

More to my point. Locking a post without an explanation is very poor. What is even poorer is not actually trying to help the person. It's not like questions from players on Shika are not relevant to other communities. There's also much more likely to be more readers to their topics here...

Surely an answer such as:

Citation
Certain players have worked very hard for xyz, and dedicated a lot of time to it. ''(or some other relevant text to their query)"

Please bare in mind, that this forum is intended for the International Community Servers (Rushu & Rosal). Players on Shika may never read these forums. If you want to place this post on the UK Community forums go to UK Dofus Forums. You may get more relevant answers there.

If this topic proves to be of no value to people using the International Community (or develops into a topic purely about another community), then I will be forced to close it.

I think spending an extra two minutes would be tremendous. After all these are the official forums. Nothing shows to a customer (or potential customer) how little they mean to Ankama more than a quickly locked topic with no help offered, or even a reason for its closure.
0 0
Score : 3781

The reason all Shika topics have to be on the Shika board is because that's the rules of the forum.

For your convenience: Official Forum Rules

In particular, check the last post of the linked thread.

0 0
Score : 335
Citation
KeKlan :
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen an explicit rule stating that these forums are for Rosal and Rushu only.

http://forum.dofus.com/topic.php?id=2996(..) It's in the Introduction section.
Citation
More to my point. Locking a post without an explanation is very poor. What is even poorer is not actually trying to help the person. It's not like questions from players on Shika are not relevant to other communities. There's also much more likely to be more readers to their topics here...

The locked thread referenced here was the first Shika topic I remember being locked without explanation. I agree that an explanation of that rule is helpful when a Shika thread is locked: it's not obvious for new players.
0 0
Score : 11335

That was me. The main problem is that after I locked the thread, I've been unable to get to the International Forums for nearly a day now, so I was unable to follow it up properly.

It shouldn't happen too frequently (or, in a perfect Internet, at all).

• DS
0 0
Score : 3222
Citation
KeKlan :
Hmm... I have a question to you, Panoramix, and in general the mods on these boards.

Why must it be that questions that mention a server's name be automatically locked if it isn't in the forums relating to the community? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen an explicit rule stating that these forums are for Rosal and Rushu only. Could you direct me to the post where this is made clear?

Surely an answer such as:
Citation
Certain players have worked very hard for xyz, and dedicated a lot of time to it. ''(or some other relevant text to their query)"

Please bare in mind, that this forum is intended for the International Community Servers (Rushu & Rosal). Players on Shika may never read these forums. If you want to place this post on the UK Community forums go to UK Dofus Forums. You may get more relevant answers there.

If this topic proves to be of no value to people using the International Community (or develops into a topic purely about another community), then I will be forced to close it.

I think spending an extra two minutes would be tremendous. After all these are the official forums. Nothing shows to a customer (or potential customer) how little they mean to Ankama more than a quickly locked topic with no help offered, or even a reason for its closure.

Because its redundant .
You dont go into a final fantasy forum , go into the FF10 section and talk about Halo do you ?
Every forum has its own section for different topics , the way these forums are set up are through international mega sections (in essence just a forum for its server community ).
If you want to talk about shika , you go on the shika forum the owners are using extra server space and paying money for the domain so you might as well post in the correct section .

About explaining thread closures , i agree the mods here should be tact every now and then .
You dont do something on a forum without explaining to the public why , if you dont then you show you just simply dont give a damn about the public voice .
0 0
Score : 491

Just to answer your question: Turk is a wisdom xelor so u can see... and shes got ancestral set( i really dont know how so fast xD) . Also i can tell u i was surprised when i went there, i thought there are only about 100-200 players round lvl 50 but after i played a week i uped a feca to 50, a cra to 35, made a lot proffessions, made a lot money, now i got perfect adv, prespic and gobbal set, fellyboots and some parts of red scara. Ow, and also fire kwakblade which is 100kk :/ but shika is extremely fast growing server

0 0
Score : 9717

The question has been answered, so I'm going to close up this thread. It's quickly getting off-topic. smile

=Wish=

0 0