FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Poll - How many accounts do you simultaneously play?

By [Admin] - ANKAMA - September 05, 2008, 15:01:07

Ankama is curious about your playing habits and would like to know how many accounts you play simultaneously.

Do you enjoy playing with a single account or - in a multi-tasking frenzy - do you prefer playing with two, three, four or more accounts at a time?

You can participate in the poll here.
And voice your opinion in this thread.

Have a nice day,

Reactions 51
Score : 211

I play about 4 accounts normally. Being an Osa and NOT getting any joy out of playing the "popular" classes (Sacrier, Eni, Xelor, Iop, Str Eca, etc.), I have to do a LOT on my own since I'm a non-desired class. I enjoy being on my first Osa and my Cha Osa at the same time... but I play all 3 of my Osas and my Panda to get the work done. So, I really only enjoy playing 2 but around 4 is my neccesity.

Having 3+ windows of Dofus open=harsh lag for me.But hey, that's the only way I can play... and with the crappy osa "buff" (and the nerf to my Wasta along with my 3 main summons of Bwork, Crackler, and Prespic!), that won't be changing.

To me, this sounds like Ankama is thinking of limiting the amount of usable accounts. >_> Kinda late in the game for that.

Sidenote: That picture is SOOOO cute! Iops in glasses with ponytails!! <3

0 0
Score : 208

i normally played 5, all subscribed! I don't have to wait for anyone else and I love getting the items after each fight

I tried 8 but it looks like i can only play it until 5 maximum?

0 0
Score : 9387

I only play with one account, that's how it's supposed to be. However, it's really tempting to go multi because that way the player gets A LOT more items and is able to do dungeons much easier. I think it's unfair how it is now, people playing only one account got a huge disadvantage compared to people with many characters who can always do whatever dungeon they want and then rake in massive amounts of drops. Is that what you call fairness, people only getting a split part of what others get just because they don't want to pay 50 bucks a month and move around an army of characters?

The only people who got a fair chance to compete with other high level players in dofus are people who got 5 or more accounts, everyone else has no chance. Players with only one character have it much harder to get into big dungeons and their drops suck big time compared to the big multis who just rake in the ougaads/bworker hides/kralove inks/whatever.

As it is now, i don't recommend dofus for anyone who would only play one character. In the high levels, everyone has multiple characters and you'll be cheated big time having only 1 char.

0 0
Score : 1853
Citation
Blazeron :
I only play with one account, that's how it's supposed to be. However, it's really tempting to go multi because that way the player gets A LOT more items and is able to do dungeons much easier. I think it's unfair how it is now, people playing only one account got a huge disadvantage compared to people with many characters who can always do whatever dungeon they want and then rake in massive amounts of drops. Is that what you call fairness, people only getting a split part of what others get just because they don't want to pay 50 bucks a month and move around an army of characters?

The only people who got a fair chance to compete with other high level players in dofus are people who got 5 or more accounts, everyone else has no chance. Players with only one character have it much harder to get into big dungeons and their drops suck big time compared to the big multis who just rake in the ougaads/bworker hides/kralove inks/whatever.

As it is now, i don't recommend dofus for anyone who would only play one character. In the high levels, everyone has multiple characters and you'll be cheated big time having only 1 char.

I do play usually 3 accounts at a time. However, they don't run together. I will be leveling on one, Profession stuff on another, and the thrid will usually be on another server. So although I multi-account, I don't do it to raise my own characters, but because I find doing just one thing boring.
0 0
Score : 9387

Yes, that's another way of doing it and it's not as bad as doing it like everyone else does it. Cause running bworker, fungus, SO or something like that easily earns the player 5 million kamas a run if not more, and since they can do it when they want, they could just spend their time grinding these and get amounts of cash that one char players could only dream of... and in the end they got an army of level 190+ chars.

I think to compensate that, multis that are in the same battles with multiple characters should get a penalty to compensate for it, so the traditional one-man players can compete.

0 0
Score : 449

actually when i do play it is with like 7 or 8 sometimes 10 accounts b/c all the friends i got need help and my feca sometimes needs help to get the job done and im really not worried about exposing the truth b/c u asked nicely lol but hey it is still fun even though it is hard to keep up with all of them at the same time ^^ you know that sometimes it tqakes forever to get one drop nd then when u finnally get it u go for sumtin better b/c ur a higher lvl then lol so ur work is never done so hey i need my Prospecting but i do pay for most of them. There is one thi ng i am against and that is Botting with multi-clients. But yes i playh on alot of account simutaneously(sp). Thats all for now
-Deghan-protector

0 0
Score : 34
the fight team is 8 an we need to play with 8 accounts

[size="3"][/size]
i need to 8 accounts for ip happy
0 0
Score : 2
i think 8 players is really good for lvling and hunt so 8 players is good for every 1
0 0
Score : 33

Problem

I have 5 PC and every PC has static IP but every PC can open only 1 accounts
what can i do

0 0
Score : 1172

I play with one account, despite having the money, multitasking ability and computing power to - in theory - run several clients at once.

Sure, alts make everything from leveling to making money and dropping Dofuses and other rare stuff easier, but I sorta consider that cheating and I'm too attached to my principles to turn back on that. I stopped complaining about alts a while back, mind you, since it's impossible to take a step these days without tripping over somebody's alt.

0 0
Score : 2

This will create problem for 1 PC one account. When I can login all my accounts in one PC i never log them off I would challenge them for hours instead of loging off because I can't log back them all together next time. This policy sucks! You guys are creating more problem than a solution!

0 0
Score : 70

I pay for and play four accounts. Between school and work alone I barely have any free time when I'm not sleeping. This means when I log on to play Dofus I don't always want to waste the little time I have looking for people to get a group going to accomplish something and being able to multi-account takes care of that.

0 0
Score : 315
Citation
garbagemouth :
This will create problem for 1 PC one account. When I can login all my accounts in one PC i never log them off I would challenge them for hours instead of loging off because I can't log back them all together next time. This policy sucks! You guys are creating more problem than a solution!

Umm . . . what new policy is this? I play two accounts (both p2p) from the same computer all the time. Often times I am leveling my characters together, although sometimes I mine/cut wood with one and level with the other. I just fine it more fun that way.
0 0
Score : 6475

I personally only want to play with one maybe 2 accounts. It is the easiest for chatting and such, unfortunately I am a casual player(though die hard DOFUS fan) so I have been playing 4 accounts. I understand your complaints Blazeron but what needs to be understood is that people who can play more frequently have more of an advantage than I do playing 4 accounts. I often log off in the middle of a dungeon, something I could never do with one account. I would ONLY be able to do a dungy about once every other month if I didn't multiclient. Furthermore I am broke(in game). I am super broke. You try outfitting 4 Chars with decent equips when you are only on enough to be able to lvl a bit or do a dungy or farm a few Fungi Master fights. I play about 2 hours a day if that. I am a paying customer just as you are. I do it for self-sufficiency not for exploitation. My old gear I hand down to an alt or give to a low lvl I take out here and there. It just bothers me that people just assume it is being done to take advantage. I understand that many people do take advantage of multiclienting and that IS cheating. But I would still be level 80 if I had been playing 1 account for the what...2-3 years Rosal has been up and running.
If we couldn't multiclient I would probably stop playing. I would be forced to go leech or some such, which to me is detestable. I hate the fact that people just make their enu/eni alts and soon Osa alts(because they are now hitting the "who needs summons" portion of their existence(my MAIN is an Osa and that really irks me)). But some people can't really play without it. Sure you benefit from your 4 accounts...but you need to support them to...in the real world and in the world of the twelve.

0 0
Score : 244

D: how did dofus know

0 0
Score : 136

I posted this on another thread, but will enter it here too. My husband and I have 3 accounts that we share. For the past 2 days, we have only been able to log onto 1 account total, at a time, even though we use 2 computers. We can no longer play together because, if we log in on a 2nd account, not to mention even trying the 3rd account, we get the pop-up message...."Connection to server was lost." Many of our friends are multi-clienting on as many as 4-5 accounts simultaneously with no problem, and we can't even log onto the second one. What's up with that??

0 0
Score : 4271

Well I had one account until my character reached 193 and then I decided to go rebirth my eni from level 39 which I haven't played for over a year. Everyone seems to multi-client and yes even I feel like its cheating - but seriously gear has ridiculous recipes so multi-clienting seems the logical step.

In the past 6 weeks I have taken my level 39 eni upto 130.. and yes she is full wis - so I guess I am cheating there also :p I just want her upto 150+ in as little time as possible. I plan to get her reset and go full intel at 139 and then (fingers crossed) see if I can get over 800PP so I can pawn Dragon Pig myself - cos yes the Dofus drop rate is also pathetic.

0 0
Score : 38

Why all of you forget that if you are playing in 2-4 accaunt, so you still need to support 2-4 Char. You need scroll them, you need lvl up them, you need EQUIP them TOO! Yor char are useless if they are not EQUIPed enought. I think this is normal to play with 2-4 accs.
For example it is vary difficult to find normal team (who know what to do) for dung or drop, so why not better for me to make this team for myself.

0 0
Score : 767

Let's take one scenario : husband and wife using 2 accounts, on two different PCs through a router on one IP ... they live together, they play together .. surely no harm in that?

Also: I take part in LANs (many people in one room playing the same games). Through going to LANs, I have introduced many to Dofus who would otherwise not play. I log on, and demonstrate it, they try it and are hooked ! If there were restrictions to IPs, I couldn't do this.... Sometimes the best games are discovered by word of mouth, or demonstration - this is a good thing for Ankama.

I have 4 accounts, but rarely play more than 2 at the same time.

0 0
Respond to this thread