FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Poll - How many accounts do you simultaneously play?

By [Admin] - ANKAMA - September 05, 2008, 15:01:07
Reactions 51
Score : 83

I think Is better to play on one accont Its more fair play to do that
and it's a game it's made to be hard not easy
to make multi it's cheating (i think so)
to get rid off it make personal numbers on erery accont
so familys can play on the same ip nummer

0 0
Score : 136
Citation
Caries :
Why all of you forget that if you are playing in 2-4 accaunt, so you still need to support 2-4 Char. You need scroll them, you need lvl up them, you need EQUIP them TOO! Yor char are useless if they are not EQUIPed enought. I think this is normal to play with 2-4 accs.
For example it is vary difficult to find normal team (who know what to do) for dung or drop, so why not better for me to make this team for myself.

So you really think that all people playing more than one account don't have good equips for their chars?? Are you serious?? What world do you live in?? Some of us work very hard to equip our chars in good gear....sure it takes time and effort...professions....that's what this game is all about. tongue
0 0
Score : 747

1st scenario: In China/ India jobless people, they are hired in Internet cafe to play. With one IP, they log so many F2P to make kamas and sell.

2nd scenario: Working middle class. Dont have much time to play. Subscribed 8 accounts. played 1-2 hours a day. now can log one account because of 1st scenario.

I normally play with 5 accounts. Now I can only log one. rarely 4 accounts. I want my money back!

My proposal: ( F2P account = one IP address. P2P accounts = no IP restrictions. ) = Ankama makes money and everyone happy. People using multi I know do not sell kamas. They need equips. F2P make bots. If they register and make money at least ankama earns something from them.

Are we clear here admins?

0 0
Score : 2

I use 2 active accounts. I´m brazillian and I used to play for several years now. I am F2P and it took a LOT of work to get where I am now, don´t have time and dedication to play P2P though. That´s why I made another account, with one of them I play on Spiritia and with another one I play on Shika, because of language issues. I don´t play with them simutaneously, But I have more than one computer at home and a brother that plays, too. We often play together, both on the same IP address. So I think that this IP limitation would be upsetting for me and my brother. Only one of us would be able to play at a time.

0 0
Score : 402

I've been playing Dofus for about a year now and played with many people who had second account alts to support in battles.

I never once thought of it as cheating, so even I started a second P2P account a couple months ago to build up a monster Eni to support my main and my guild on our dungeon runs. I still don't see how that is "cheating". Yeah, having an Enu alt will help when you're drop hunting, but there is only so much you can do solo on Dofus. You need different players with different strengths and resistances. And sometimes you don't have any friends or guildies to call on for help. So you need to adapt, find some ways to overcome your problem. Some people waste hours recruiting. Others try it solo with very little reward for their effort. I see nothing wrong with choosing to double log.

And as far as drops go, more drops is a good thing. It will eventually drive the ridiculous prices down to a realistic level.

0 0
Score : 7826
Citation
Blazeron :
I only play with one account, that's how it's supposed to be. However, it's really tempting to go multi because that way the player gets A LOT more items and is able to do dungeons much easier. I think it's unfair how it is now, people playing only one account got a huge disadvantage compared to people with many characters who can always do whatever dungeon they want and then rake in massive amounts of drops. Is that what you call fairness, people only getting a split part of what others get just because they don't want to pay 50 bucks a month and move around an army of characters?

The only people who got a fair chance to compete with other high level players in dofus are people who got 5 or more accounts, everyone else has no chance. Players with only one character have it much harder to get into big dungeons and their drops suck big time compared to the big multis who just rake in the ougaads/bworker hides/kralove inks/whatever.

As it is now, i don't recommend dofus for anyone who would only play one character. In the high levels, everyone has multiple characters and you'll be cheated big time having only 1 char.

Sadly my computer can't support more then one account without crashing but when I have access to better computers I usually sub 3 accounts, because as you said, easier leveling, more drops, faster dungeons, all that stuff. I had a level 39 friend multi-ing with a level 14 and he made money faster then my 100+ ><

• Travis
0 0
Score : 349

If we can no longer log more than one account from the same IP address:

I can no longer play at home with my family.

I can no longer play at my favorite internet cafe.

So, for me it would be the saddest thing, I'd no longer be able to play.

0 0
Score : 46

I just use one account. Guess im weird, but for me its not about making 5mk a day selling kaliptus dofuses and gelanos its about playing a game and having fun. Sure im only level 60 and am only wearing 500kk worth of gear but its fine for me, I have fun and I dont have any problem soloing. Although ive only been playing for three months, maybe my opinion will change, but i doubt it. Im a loner. I dont even want to join a guild. Im doing fine on my own.

0 0
Score : 233

It seems you need a group of five to be effective. Tho I find running more then two accounts at a time strenuous. Usually when I play with my sister she plays two and I play two. Also I know 90% of the p2p population play four+ accounts. Quite a lot have even eight accounts.

0 0
Score : 746

i use 2 because when u use 2 many it gets waaaaaaaay 2 small and im superevildarkraquaza add me wink

0 0
Score : 2

i think playing with 1 acct is the best that most thin i loved in this game team work and when i say team work mean friendship to know anther ppl from all world but if every one play with 8 acct so where is fun here u play with ur self no fun ....... so 1 acct biggrin

0 0
Score : 2449

I generally play 2 to 3 accounts. Those that complain (Blazeron biggrin ) are missing out on a great aspect of Dofus. The game was never as much fun as it is now because my two mains are built around one another and I choose their actions. This opens up a lot of strategy I would never get from running just my Iop and playing with someone else's Sacrier. My third account is, of course, an Enutrof. However I much prefer playing with other people so I often drop this character to allow more people in the team.

In my experience playing with 3 to 4 other people each running 2 or 3 chars each delivers the optimal game play experience:

• Chat rate is optimal - there's enough to keep it interesting but not too much that you're missing turns due to typing.
  • The players have a greater appreciation for how other classes work (multi-accounters tend to experiment more with different classes on their alt account, perhaps?)
  • Pairs of characters usually play better than two characters individually controlled. We all want to hit stuff, so 8 different people will want their "fair share" of damage-dealing, whereas 4 people with 2 chars each get the satisfaction of hitting and still have another character to perform support (healing, repositioning, buffing, etc)
  • Drops increase for each player at a rate that makes the ridiculous demands Ankama apply to equipment construction (and other demands) slightly more feasible while still being "fair" for all team members.
0 0
Score : 452
Citation
SnarfSnarf :
I generally play 2 to 3 accounts. Those that complain (Blazeron biggrin ) are missing out on a great aspect of Dofus. The game was never as much fun as it is now because my two mains are built around one another and I choose their actions. This opens up a lot of strategy I would never get from running just my Iop and playing with someone else's Sacrier. My third account is, of course, an Enutrof. However I much prefer playing with other people so I often drop this character to allow more people in the team.

In my experience playing with 3 to 4 other people each running 2 or 3 chars each delivers the optimal game play experience:
*Chat rate is optimal - there's enough to keep it interesting but not too much that you're missing turns due to typing.
*The players have a greater appreciation for how other classes work (multi-accounters tend to experiment more with different classes on their alt account, perhaps?)
*Pairs of characters usually play better than two characters individually controlled. We all want to hit stuff, so 8 different people will want their "fair share" of damage-dealing, whereas 4 people with 2 chars each get the satisfaction of hitting and still have another character to perform support (healing, repositioning, buffing, etc)
*Drops increase for each player at a rate that makes the ridiculous demands Ankama apply to equipment construction (and other demands) slightly more feasible while still being "fair" for all team members.

Fully agreed!
I have only one account (p2p), my boyfriend has one account either. We usually play together (more fun, easier to run dungeons and so on) from the same IP address. Sometimes with his agreement I take his enu and do some hunts for my purposes only. If there will be any restrictions on that matter (not being able to play two accounts simultaneously from the same IP), it will really become not-fun-game-at-all... Taking into consideration other bugs of Dofus
0 0
Score : 189
Citation
dustbunny :
I posted this on another thread, but will enter it here too. My husband and I have 3 accounts that we share. For the past 2 days, we have only been able to log onto 1 account total, at a time, even though we use 2 computers. We can no longer play together because, if we log in on a 2nd account, not to mention even trying the 3rd account, we get the pop-up message...."Connection to server was lost." Many of our friends are multi-clienting on as many as 4-5 accounts simultaneously with no problem, and we can't even log onto the second one. What's up with that??

me and the girlfriend play together off the same router on different computers but randomly we'll get connection lost but we put that to rosal being a bit crappy lately with lag and glitches
0 0
Score : 486

Playing with multiple subscribed accounts sounds insane to me. If you have the money then more power to you, just sounds...meh.

I can see why one would. I mean, you don't have to worry about pooling money and items with your group/guild to get things because EVERYTHING comes to you, anyway. And you don't have to worry about anyone botching your dungeon-run (And if you die it's totally your own fault. No arguments there. :-p).
But if you want to solo...That seems like an Osa's specialty, yes? Spawning and running a team (Well, that's why I'm using one. XD). The only thing you can't do is heal yourself mid-battle, and if that one dies so does the rest of the team...

I only use one account, that part seems obvious. I've been tempted to use more than one account, but I don't make enough to pay bills AND have multiple subscribed accounts. That and my computer's slow. Oh well.

0 0
Score : 73

I like running 2 at a constant. However, when emotes come into play, I personally may load 8 or so. Having a laptop can be limiting, though. I can sometimes get away with running five - for emote hunt purposes.

Some just don't understand English all the time, to get an emote hunt on-going ;/

0 0
Score : 7

my wife and i have 3 accounts each playing on 2 different computers and we pay for all 6 accounts but thru our router we have 1 IP address. we also go to lan partys and play dofus. we have been playing for about 2 years but if they go to ip restrictions we will most likely not play any longer.

0 0
Score : 2501

It would be nice if Ankama would just admit that

a. drop rates/xp rates are pretty ridiculous
b. many people multiclient to avoid the tediousness of grinding away with a single char or simply for more variety
c. there should be a way to play more than 1 char on the same account

it is not even easy to multiclient, all that switching back and forth between windows and the lag/computer usage it takes. i can't handle it, i tried on the last test server playing 2-3 chars at the same time and it was very tiring just in regular fights. and with the reset dungeons, a lot of people just put all points into wis, leech off people doing rats, and then reset once they're over lvl 100 and not learning how to actually play their char at all.

I think a lot of people are used to rpgs where you have 3-4 in a group that do different things (damage dealer, support, healing) which is another reason some multiclient. I understand that the xp locks and pp locks are the way they are to encourage group fights, but a lot of people tend to play with only a few others they know won't make stupid mistakes in a fight and with people from so many different countries playing, they're not always going to be on when you are. I think I would be willing to pay more for a subscription if I could play all my chars at once easily without having 5 separate accounts or windows open.

0 0
Score : 1271

I play just one account, and plan to continue as is. I do however know and have friends who multi and share accounts. What they do is their own choice, as long as Amakna says otherwise, and even then it's not up to me to choose how they play.

About the restriction if there is one active, I cannot honestly see any problem with limiting the amount of accounts one player is using if it allows another player to have better access to the server. May not make a lot of multi-accounters happy, but having limited access is still access. Having none because someone has 3-8 accounts on is unfair to P2P players like me and several others, even the f2p. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

0 0
Score : 78

Hey guys,
wouldn't it be cool if, for battles, you could have like up to 4 accounts in one window?

0 0
Respond to this thread