FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Aggressive Mobs?

By -zeusek- October 27, 2008, 07:58:06

I'm curious what everyone thinks about Aggressive Mobs. You know, Chafers/Koalaks/Crocks/Dregs/etc.

I was grinding on Koalaks with a guildie and the subject came up. Neither of us really cared too much about dodging mobs, but neither felt that mobs that aggress bring any additional enjoyment or challenge to the game. We both felt like it was just another annoyance. I personally feel that it's just another Ankama feature to waste time, so to speak. I could almost understand it for the worst of the worst monsters, but not these mid-level mobs.

Before anyone accuses me of whining or whatever, I'm not asking for it to be removed.

I'm just curious what others think. Do you think it's fun and/or challenging? Or just an annoying waste of time?

0 0
Reactions 53
Score : 3781

In my view, they are an annoying waste of time. Preparing for and choosing battles are just as important strategies... perhaps more so... then any made once combat begins.

0 0
Score : 9384

The worst part is that it's client sided, so bots and other cheaters can dance around aggressive mobs as much as they want and they won't get aggroed.

0 0
Score : 1024

I think that individual mobs may not be exciting, but having aggro mobs keeps players from getting complacent.

It is always fun to talk new players thru the dark & chafer mobs on the way to and on the chafer/vampire isle. It is amusing when they get aggored for a mistep and a salutary lesson as well. Valuable training for getting thru the maze rooms in dungeons. biggrin

0 0

I also don't like having to wait for ages in front of dungeons like the fungus dungeons because everyone keeps getting blocked/aggroed by he monsters on the way to the dungeon. That's a problem especially with the fungus dungeon - with those narrow ways in the fungus caves, people are blocked half the time. it's not a problem anymore with kimbo since the monsters there don't aggro anymore but before that, it wasn't pretty.

Oh and dreggon dungeon, of course. You'd think that such a small way can't cause problems? Wrong... and skeunk's hideout would be boring enough on its own, but having to wait for everyone to go that really long way just to have someone get aggroed by a huge mobs with lots of reapers and purple warkos makes it a torture.

Aggressive monsters are nice if you do some kind of 'adventure', exploring the word RP style, but that's about it, if you plan to beat up a mob or get to the entrance of a dungeon as group, they're just plain annoying. If you think otherwise, make a group for hunting fungus, find a mob about 10 maps in the caves, tell your group to come and see what happens - you better have something else to do in the meantime if the group won't fall appart, which is very likely.

0 0
Score : 402
Blazeron|2008-10-27 08:30:00
I also don't like having to wait for ages in front of dungeons like the fungus dungeons because everyone keeps getting blocked/aggroed by he monsters on the way to the dungeon.

That's also my biggest annoyance. It takes you 30-40 minutes just to get to the entrance of the dungeon, but a member or 2 of your group gets aggro'd and killed, so you have to wait for them to run back. Then they get aggro'd again and after a 10-15 minute fight, die once more. And so on and so forth.

It ends up taking 5 times longer just to get to the dungeon then it takes to run the dungeon.
0 0
Score : 1746

Well to this, I can't really decide.

I think it would be quite boring if you could run around without having to worry about being aggrod.

That said, I do feel it would really, really, really do leveling a lot of favours... For instance, you'd never be stuck fighting a mob you cannot beat. And it'd really speed things up, too.

So yeah, I don't really know.

0 0
Score : 8

Of course the aggro mobs re annoying. Like when im running through koalak mountain to agony i always get aggored by the noob koalakmobs...just a waste of time. I think it is ok that mobs are aggressive but when a lvl 199 feca gets agoored by 4 koalaks it starts to get annoying.

0 0
Score : 451

Well, to resume, problems/annoyance with aggro mobs are:
1. for low leveled chars - they just die. Not very pleasant process with kamas and energy points and hp lost (eniripsa powder for pet, some hp and energy restoring potions/other stuff for char). And a long way to the destination point. Yeah, someone might have some fun watching them die, taking them into such places, etc.
2. for mid leveled chars - depends on the level, class, monsters, maps. The chances are it will end up as the first case. Or not...
3. for high leveled chars - just annoying!!!!! noob mobs, wasted time, etc. Not always...
If you're trying to get to the dung, it's annoying in all cases (I think).
As for me, i really don't like aggro mobs. With my fighting char it's a problem, I'm not a high leveled char. It's also a problem for my 45 level osa, as she is a profession char - miner and lumby. Kaliptus forest, Eltneg forest are a real death for her; dark miners - 1-2 are fightable .. more - a complete suicide.
On the other hand.. don't you feel (sometimes?) adrenaline running through your vain when you try to avoid these mobs? Anyone? Never?
Well, anyway... I don't like aggro mobs tongue

0 0

Adrenaline? Well, i know how aggro mobs work and thus i know exactly where i can go without getting aggroed, so it's sometimes possible to get safely past dangerous mobs that seem to block the way. However, that doesn't help when the mob is actually blocking the way completely (in which case only waiting helps) or if the mob moves just as i do (resulting in an annoyed groan and even more wasted time.

0 0
Score : 835

Yeah aggro mobs just make you waste your time which is annoying. I would remove the aggro from monsters on Heroic Server. Just because dealing with players who aggro is annoying enough tongue

0 0
Score : 11630

Aggresive mobs put my skills to the test so yea it's fun.

0 0
Score : 2579

I'm in favor of some mobs being agro. I'm not in favor of whole regions being agro, THAT is really annoying.

Personally I'd prefer if only 25% of a certain monster are agro rather than 100%. Example: only 25% of the skeleton rabbits agro. However, this would only be useful if there was an indicator, such as displaying their name in red or changing their appeaance somehow, or even making a new type of monster : agressive skeleton rabbit.

But if you ask me "keep it all or delete it all" I'd be in favor of keeping them. I like the fact that some of the monsters actually try to kill you when you run into their territory.

0 0
Score : 298

I think it should be level dependant. Like if your level is x levels above the monster, then it wont aggro you. Sorta like the brak bont milliamen mobs

0 0
Score : 279
giftten|2008-10-29 05:25:00
I think it should be level dependant. Like if your level is x levels above the monster, then it wont aggro you. Sorta like the brak bont milliamen mobs

yep
0 0
Score : 1512
giftten|2008-10-29 06:25:00
Like if your level is x levels above the monster, then it wont aggro you. Sorta like the brak bont milliamen mobs

Wait, what?
0 0
Score : 1498

I like aggro mobs, just that i cant always know what are aggroing what are not sad

0 0
Score : 419
Aetnaria|2008-10-29 08:55:00
Wait, what?

If your level was 50 and the requirement was 30 levels above that mob (and you wouldn't get agroed), and the mob was level 10, you wouldn't get agroed. Because m + x < y m=slope monster level, x = whatever requirement, y = your level. biggrin
0 0
Score : 1512

Yes, but.. are you saying that militia actually don't aggress chars if they are high enough level? When did this happen?

0 0
Score : 1132

Annoying, but a necessary feature to make the creatures actually "fearsome"

0 0
Respond to this thread