FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

BOTS BOTS BOTS!!!!!

By ScapeRune October 09, 2009, 05:34:16

I am extremely curious as to if the new Dofus 2.0 is going to get rid of all those speed hacking farming bots you see EVERYWHERE. Does anyone have any idea as to whether or not Ankama is going to deal with these bots? Is 2.0 going to have a new source code? Does anyone know anything about Wakfu and its ability to withstand hacks?

What do you guys think about the playstyle of the game with/without bots.
The ONLY positive thing i can think about bots, is they flood the market and keep prices low as long as they don't monopolize it.

I have recently read on this forum, that they are constantly bashing them:

http://forum.dofus.com/en/remarks-f3/%5Bof...ots-t67423.html

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 1429

Bots don't bother me much, I stay in the P2P areas and their aren't many there. I also think it's fine for someone to have mulutiple accounts.

0 0
Score : 11336

Bots bother me but nothing that can be done to rid us of the spammers other than making Dofus P2P only which is fine with me. I don't know anyone who's quit because of bots. I am not a fan of multiclienting and most games forbid it but since it's not against the rules I guess nothing can be done. As for bots/multiclient issues bots do not even use the client they just exchange packets of information back and forth with the server. There is no GUI involved.

0 0
Score : 5

The bots that kill things don't bother me at all even when i'm in Incarnam since they only seem to kill off things most ppl wouldn't even bother with . Now the spam bots do get on my nerves now and then .
As for dual boxing accounts i only see a problem with that in pvp any other time its not such a big deal , if some one wants to pay for a few accounts just so they don't have to look for teams thats up to them

0 0
Score : 3424

multi accounters keep this game alive

and lol at bots "stealing" my internet

0 0
Score : 2056

every time i see a bot saying buykamasbuykamasandwewillstealuraccountandcash i go next to them, point my finger, tab thr caps lock and scream HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(lol)

0 0
Score : 43

It seems as though they did wipe out nearly all the bots on Rushu. I remember in incarnam when i used to extremely quickly join a battle with a killbot and kill them. Some of the bots after the battle would stand there because i broke their line of script. LOL.

0 0
Score : 63

WIN! happy

0 0
Score : 655

Now you're not gonna believe how fast bots programmers catch up, when mmmmmm potions came out I would just make a bunch and look for asturb spammer bots. Lately, when I use a potion on one of these bots in logs off shortly after and a new bot re-spawns in the same location.

0 0
Score : 474

Kama sellers are only there to make real world money. If no one buys kamas from them, then they'll leave on their own. It seems like it would be much simpler to rally people to not buy from them than to try to outsmart other people with encoding and other techniques. Just so no one misunderstands what I'm saying, I'll say it again: BUYING KAMAS IS SUPPORTING BOTS.

Profession bots on the other hand are usually players who don't like grinding. Simply reporting them seems like it would be an effective way of discouraging them.

0 0
Score : 657
ThePurpleAvenger|2009-10-11 03:17:00
Kama sellers are only there to make real world money. If no one buys kamas from them, then they'll leave on their own. It seems like it would be much simpler to rally people to not buy from them than to try to outsmart other people with encoding and other techniques. Just so no one misunderstands what I'm saying, I'll say it again: BUYING KAMAS IS SUPPORTING BOTS.

Profession bots on the other hand are usually players who don't like grinding. Simply reporting them seems like it would be an effective way of discouraging them.

Exactly correct! If people stop buying kamas, there would soon be no bots (or at least just a very few dishonest players). If the business makes no money, they will leave the game. However as long as there are losers willing to spend Real money for fake, we honest players have to put up with bots.
0 0
Score : 1525

The bots help get mats in f2p area they were gone for like 2-3 days after update and i missed them had perc out in astrub fields for 14 hours got like 11mats only the spaming isnt all that bad its enoying but not enuf to kill the game i love to hit them with the hmmm potion. To me there not a problem since im never f2p.

0 0
Score : 474

Is creating inflation a problem enough for you? Bots increase the supply of materials in the markets, making them worth less (read: more kamas) than they would be if there weren't any bots.

Sure bots might not effect you that much, but wouldn't you still be happier if they were gone anyways?

0 0
Score : 91

Vote 1 for PvP bots that aggro people! laugh

0 0
Score : 1270

i have no problem make those mats cheap they help me lvl prof. getting them by myself is not even an option.

0 0
Respond to this thread