FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[News] We have a very important announcement!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - November 30, 2009, 18:38:15
DevTracker Announcements
DOFUS 1.29 + DOFUS 2.0

First things first, welcome to the new DOFUS community site!

As the title of this news might suggest, we have a very important announcement to make!

On December 2, DOFUS 2.0 was supposed to replace the current version of DOFUS.

However, we feel that version 2.0 is not yet ready and that it is too early to completely migrate the community over to it.

As such, we have decided to leave 1.29 playable and open to everyone, and to launch 2.0 in parallel.

How will that work?
We will officially launch DOFUS 2.0 the morning of 2 December, as planned, but only on new servers that will have doubled XP and drops for 2 weeks.

You will be able to play DOFUS 1.29 and DOFUS 2.0 with the same account.

Then what?

Don’t worry! DOFUS 2.0 is progressing rapidly, and performance is improving every day. The entire team is working extremely hard make this first version a success that will appeal to everyone. We are doing everything we can to achieve that goal!

From December 2 you'll be able to move in to DOFUS 2.0 on new servers with new characters, when you want, without any obligation.

Then, when everything is in order, we will encourage you to join DOFUS 2.0, with new features and new content - of which Frigost forms a part - currently being created.

These last minute changes have, of course, led to other changes. Services related to Ogrines have been pushed back because they mainly concerned characters migrating from DOFUS to DOFUS 2.0. Ogrines have been pushed back a little, and we’ll talk more about them soon. The Premium House will only be present on DOFUS 2.0.

Mea culpa

Now, on behalf of Ankama, I would like to apologize for these last minute changes and the stress that our initial decision must have caused many of you as the release date approaches.

Today, the proposed solution should - we hope - keep everyone happy. Those of you who want to continue playing 1.29 and move smoothly on to DOFUS 2.0 later, those of you who love DOFUS 2.0 and want to have the opportunity to discover all-new, unexplored servers where former DOFUS players can meet up with current players and newcomers. This solution should also fully satisfy Ankama’s DOFUS team who will have the opportunity to evolve and improve DOFUS 2.0 week after week and calmly prepare long-awaited new content!

The dates and key stages to come:

December 2: Launch of a new server: Zatoïshwan

December 15: 4 new subscription pets on DOFUS 1 and DOFUS 2.0

See you soon and thanks in advance for your understanding!

Manu

Emmanuel DARRAS, Co-Founder of Ankama

First Ankama intervention

Zatoishwan is a new EN/Int server, it will always be with us, just like Rushu, Rosal, Shika and Solar. However, it is beginning its life with the 2.0 code instead of the 1.29 code.

Our other servers (Rushu, Rosal, Solar, and Shika) will all eventually become 2.0 servers. We will announce when they are scheduled to migrate from 1.29 to 2.0, but for now, they will stay 1.29.

Just like any other server, you can choose to create a brand new character on Zatoishwan to play with your friends on 2.0, or continue playing on your current server and wait for it to switch to 2.0 at a later time.

If that's not clear, don't hesitate to ask more questions. =)

See message in context
Reactions 212
Score : 334

Typical....

0 0
Score : 1406

The new servers are permanent? Can we transfer our characters here?

0 0
Score : 126

Thats mean 1.29 will be playable for ever or only for time while dofus 2.0 is not completely ready?

0 0
Score : 1602

Mm new server hot! biggrin

0 0
Score : 887
ohmy does this mean there will be a Christmas Island this year for those who are sticking on 1.29 until 2.0 is fully finished?
0 0
Score : 1602

But i rly don`t understand so if i play in 1.29 server i can meet mine friend who is in 2.0 server?

0 0
Score : 949

Two questions....

So, if I move my cra from Rushu to this 2.0 server, he will have to stay there? I wouldn't be able to move him back?

and

PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!! I'm looking through the new site and the new characters and I come across cras and their spells... and I see... every single attack spell they have is LINEAR?! Then, I look at other characters, characters I know have spells that were not linear and I see... MORE linear spells. It's really gonna suck for Xelors that went from Dark Ray to Hand when they see... oh no, HAND is linear too. You know, Ankama does a lot of cool stuff... a nice amount of sugar. But when it comes to medicine, you guys really ruin things. ugh... I really think I've had enough of Dofus. Later

0 0
Score : 28
Eggrolls|2009-11-30 20:18:00
ohmy does this mean there will be a Christmas Island this year for those who are sticking on 1.29 until 2.0 is fully finished?

I do hope rolleyes
0 0

Zatoishwan is a new EN/Int server, it will always be with us, just like Rushu, Rosal, Shika and Solar. However, it is beginning its life with the 2.0 code instead of the 1.29 code.

Our other servers (Rushu, Rosal, Solar, and Shika) will all eventually become 2.0 servers. We will announce when they are scheduled to migrate from 1.29 to 2.0, but for now, they will stay 1.29.

Just like any other server, you can choose to create a brand new character on Zatoishwan to play with your friends on 2.0, or continue playing on your current server and wait for it to switch to 2.0 at a later time.

If that's not clear, don't hesitate to ask more questions. =)

Score : 653

Izmar can you tell us if kwismas island will be out this year ?

0 0
Score : 702

Very dispointed *shakes head with shame*

0 0
Score : 2184
Why so shocked! rolleyes
0 0
Score : 45

ok let me get this straight ...
dofus 1.26 came out more than a year ago and amaka said ... wait for us dofus 2.0 will be out soon
then dofus 1.27, 1.28 and 1.29 somewhere in the mix we learned that dofus 2.0 would be awhile( a year or more)

now with a lot of fan fare and whopla we get dofus 2.0 will be out but only on "new servers" and these servers will have double xp and drops for 2 weeks while migration from 1.29 to dofus 2.0 comes thru...

something dosen't add up to me, ok here it is,
you can play dofus 2.0 but you can't use any charecters that you have worked hard on for how ever long but you can start new ones to work hard on and get double xp and drops while the people who chose not to start over get standard drops and xp and amakas repaonce is to give us new subscription pets....

come on guys offer us something to sink our teeth into i stopped using pets at lvl 65, mounts do more than pets dont die and gain real value....

let us have the doble drops or xp or some prospectin candy or xp candy give us something that will at least lvl the playing field.
i have waited a long time for dofus 2.0 and all i have gotten was wait and wait and wait some more, now i get start a new charecter and you can play ... thanks but no thanks

until enu and sadi have babies money wont grow on trees
rastlinsgold - rosal

0 0
Score : 454

When will Rushu, Solar etc. The servers not being moved over on the 2nd, When will they get 2x exp and drop? And when are they being moved over?

0 0
Score : 1411

Just so it is clear... 2.0 will still just beta then on the regular servers? So anything done there will be for bug finding/reporting, but all character development/progress will still have to be done in 1.29?

0 0
Score : 2184
I don't know but I think they will be migrated to 2.0 depending on population. Shika has a low population compared to Rosal and Rushu, so it might be the first server... some ''people'' didn't like 2.0 so it's normal they will do it starting by the less populated server.
0 0
Score : 239

yer can are characters be transferred D:

0 0
Score : 3

I'm pretty angry at this moment for a reason, why the new server, apart of enjoying the 2.0 version earlier than anyone, is going to have drop and xp bonus? Also Ankama should launch this announcement with more time, not 2 days before the launching

0 0
Score : 3781

The posters on this board never fail to amaze me.

People bitch and whine due to Ankama's release of 2.0 being later than expected.

When the release does finally get imminent people bitch and whine about the form it takes and the many glitches.

Now people bitch and whine when Ankama confesses 2.0 isn't ready for prime time, and decide to hold off on releasing it on all servers until it is... yet at the same time opens up a new English/International sever (something else people have been bitching and whining for) for those that don't want to wait for 2.0 and wish to play it on the announced date, despite it perhaps still having a few issues.

Ankama is bending over backwards to try cater to everyone this time around, and is still getting pounded from behind.

I find their willingness to admit 2.0 still needs some work, and to pull it back from existing servers for the moment despite the amount of heat they would get, and the Divine surely knows Ankama gets heat over the most infinitesimal things on a continual basis, to be a professional and courageous act on their part. A lot of companies would just trot it out on existing servers at this point to save face, no matter what the situation was, and frankly that I is what I expected Ankama to do.

Ankama is doing the right thing this time around, what could be considered a refreshing change.

Too bad many here can't extract themselves from 'bitch and whine' mode for a moment to see it. Same old, same old.

As for moving between servers, I can't see why it would be a problem to move back and forth, at least once all servers are 2.0 complainant, via the ogrine system that among many other features is supposed to allow players to move characters to other servers via spending ogrine. [Struck through due to an error on my part.]

Edit: As far as those switching to the new server to play 2.0 also getting an experience and drop bonus, this is the same any time a server is announced. For some server launches exclusive pets have been offered as enticement as well. There is nothing unusual about either for a launch, and any with a open character slot can take advantage about it, so it is nothing to bitch and whine about either.

0 0
Respond to this thread