FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 1023

Cania Bandits

By daantj December 01, 2009, 14:28:27
Devtracker
Lately I was wondering whether the bandits in Cania Plains still spawn, I was told they don't.
I've only seen them once during my low levels a long time ago, so I was wondering if maybe they will spawn again in 2.0..
For those who do not know, I am of course talking about:

First Ankama intervention
I've asked the developers about these monsters, and it's normal for them to be extremely rare (as they put it "trés trés trés rare").

To not see them for many months is a normal part of game function, they're a little event unto themselves. =)
See message in context
Reactions 43
Score : 2028
i have NEVER heard about those things and i have never seen one.
but they look as cool as hell
Score : 763
They do still spawn, but they are very rare. The respawn time is high, but if you frequently go to the road to bonta and clear out a mob there you should be able to find them... eventually.
Score : 6023
daantj|2009-12-01 14:28:00
Lately I was wondering whether the bandits in Cania Plains still spawn, I was told they don't.
I've only seen them once during my low levels a long time ago, so I was wondering if maybe they will spawn again in 2.0..
For those who do not know, I am of course talking about:

i havnt seen them for 4 years. so good luck. (3 and a half seen as i quit for 6 months)

they do exist though. one of them drop a dofus
Haha thanks for the answer, still I don't really feel like farming Road to Bonta maps all day tongue
And a small remark clarky: they all drop a dofus wink well there's a chance you drop one...
Score : 207
I fought the sacri one ones with a group with highleveled players.
He crushed us like piece of cake. laugh
Score : 9265
Ankama once made it so they "appear more frequent and regularly". I haven't ever seen them ever since, nor did i hear of anyone who has seen them from that day on.
Blazeron|2009-12-08 23:04:00
Ankama once made it so they "appear more frequent and regularly". I haven't ever seen them ever since, nor did i hear of anyone who has seen them from that day on.

Yeah, I think Ankama failed try to fix the spawns or something.. According to my guild mates they no longer spawn.
Score : 1456
someone mentioned the other day on imps forums they found the mob and its restricted to only one map along the road to bonta. there was a screen shot and everything... so im lead to believe they do spawn not very often though
I've asked the developers about these monsters, and it's normal for them to be extremely rare (as they put it "trés trés trés rare").

To not see them for many months is a normal part of game function, they're a little event unto themselves. =)
Yeah, that's pretty much the opposite of what ankama wanted to do. I hope they'll take the time to find the problem and fix it, because obviously, something went wrong here.
There's nothing wrong with them, as I just said, it's intentional for them to take a long time to respawn. I specifically asked if it was normal for them not to be seen for over a year, and the answer was that it was normal.

"More frequently" does not mean "every day."
Ah ok ^^

I think what's confusing a lot of people is the fact that they spawn less often after an update that was claimed to make them spawn more often rather than the actual amount of time it takes to spawn now and before. I think it would help a lot if ankama would explain the change.
Score : 6023
BurningPrincess|2009-12-08 20:40:00
I fought the sacri one ones with a group with highleveled players.
He crushed us like piece of cake. laugh

they always appear together. so no you didnt just fight the sac. i think your thinking of the bounty quest sac namarrow transplant... or whatever hes called

speaking of rare appearances... cant remember the name, but i have literally NEVER seen the eni bounty. i remember i spent an entire month dedicated to finding this eni... nothing. not 1 sighting.

i know its rare but as a bounty quest it shouldnt be THAT rare when you spend 4 hours+ a day for a month constantly running around sidimore trying to find it
Well I hope that Ankama devs don't "fix" it but just reduce respawn time tongue
Also for the eni (Brumen Tinctorias) I've never seen it either, also I'm not really looking for it but on wiki there's a sentence that tells you it's hard to find but easy to defeat
Score : 207
clarkymark|2009-12-09 14:26:00
they always appear together. so no you didnt just fight the sac. i think your thinking of the bounty quest sac namarrow transplant... or whatever hes called

Maybe you are right, it was long ago(more than 2 years for usre).I could be wrong. smile
Score : 1142
So are they still around in 2.0? i never ever saw them myself.
Score : 21386
I too have yet to encounter them...

We'll take Izmars word, needless to say, ( okay... unsure )

-Cato
Score : 4758
Not that I like bumping topics, but I feel it is time to bring this up again.

When was the last time these things were seen? I haven't heard ANYTHING about them being seen since the 2.0 conversion and when they took out that Road to Bonta map that they had a chance to spawn on. Nobody has seen them, nobody has ANY clue as to where they spawn other than "Cania Plains" which is freaking huge area that is pointless to search through.

So, anybody have any darn clue?

Furthermore, Izmar should make a darn event out of finding these things and provide some useful clues to narrow down the actual sub-area these things can spawn in.
Score : 27230

I have tangled with them a couple times. One of them even gave me this fluffy piece of epic. I heard that they were gone tho because of the new arch spawn system, it was too hard for them to continue to spawn them or something like that.
Respond to this thread