FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Account Sharing

By aKa-Killah January 17, 2010, 22:43:10

I was wondering if it was against the rules for an entire guild to share around 6-8 accounts within a few people, as in logging each other when one is busy as so on.

0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 2299
aKa-Killah|2010-01-17 22:43:00
I was wondering if it was against the rules for an entire guild to share around 6-8 accounts within a few people, as in logging each other when one is busy as so on.

in a way yes it is against the rules but you have to know if you want or not.
but, ankama won't be responsible on what happens to the account, whit this i mean getting hacked.
if anny discusion between guild memebers or any of you just deside to scamm any of those accounts then tough luck for you.
0 0
Score : 394

It's against the rules, but it's not enforced. Basically, that means if something mysteriously disappears, there's no use complaining. I'd bet you that something will, too.

If you do something like that, you give up the right to complain that you were 'hacked' or something, because you've put everything at risk on your own, and no matter how much you trust someone, you could be mistaken.

0 0
Score : 11638

It's against the rules but you can go ahead and share account but if something happens to it then you can't complain because you were given an option whether to share or not.

Anyways I hope you make the right decision. smile

-xdark-osamodax

0 0
Score : 1024

It is written in the Terms of Service as a violation, and they do have the option to ban your accounts, if they choose, to do so.

4.3.1 Security - To ensure the security of your account and to avoid the theft of an account known as "Hacking an account", you agree: - Not to give access to your account to a third party. The loan, share, exchange, donation, purchase, transfer and sale of accounts is prohibited. Any loan, share, exchange, gift, purchase, sale or transfer of account will not be enforceable against the Company and may lead to sanctions as described in Article 8; - To take all measures to prevent a third party accessing the account that you have activated, even without your knowledge; - Not to play on a third party's Account; - Not to give out your login information, i.e. the account name, password and secret answer...

Article 8:

8.1 In case of violation of one or more provisions of these TOU, of the Support Charter, of the EULA, the DOFUS rules, the rules established on the forums or any other document prepared by the Company, the latter reserves the right to terminate or limit without prior notice and at its sole discretion, your use and access to the Service, your Account and all other Company websites and to sanction you in the context of the Game.
8.3 The company reserves the right to impose any penalty on an Account, given the gravity of the violation, without first giving notice of or applying a penalty of shorter duration in advance. You agree that sanctions are final and you cannot in any way challenge the decisions taken by the Company.

People have said that it is not enforced...but all that means, is that they have not experienced or heard of enforcement, not that it has not happened.

Proceed at your own risk.

~Gilly
0 0
Score : 10910

14 words:

yes, it is against the rules, and I'm already banned for it once

so, please don't walk in the same trap as I did... though they don't realy do much about it unless you get too much of a profit from it

-sully

0 0
Score : 1636

profit ey?
start talking lol

0 0
Score : 56
Gillie|2010-01-18 18:26:00
People have said that it is not enforced...but all that means, is that they have not experienced or heard of enforcement, not that it has not happened.

I know a few people who have been banned or warned about account sharing in Shika i also hundred upon thousands of people who have been double crossed and lost all there equips/items ect. even people that you wouldnt expect, one day needed money and decided to steal a load of people's things. I'v never lost anything or been hacked and i dont plan on it.

It is strongly reccomended u only do it with people you know Irl (in real life) if at all.
0 0
Score : 654
sensie-yoshi|2010-01-18 19:29:00
profit ey?
start talking lol

Eh... enus.. tongue
0 0

im not an enutroff? but ironic that i love money and im not an enutroff
i play a cra. also i put a femal enu because i hardly see one use it

0 0
Score : 984

I have played a few different online games and sharing accounts almost always ends badly. Some people will go as far as to earn your trust over the course of months and then rob you blind when your gears get really good. I have shared accounts on other games, with my blood related-live in the same city-will get beat up if they crossed me- brothers, and a cousin. If you think you can trust someone because they're your internet buddy you're wrong. Hell, I've seen real life family steal equips from each other out of spite or because they had a real life falling out, etc.

Sharing accounts is a bad idea, you probably won't get banned for it, but the chance of losing your gears or character are pretty good. I use to feel kind of bad for people back when I first started playing online games, now I'm like eh... your fault for being naive and gullible. If you think sharing accounts is a good idea perhaps you should also open up an account at the "Bank of Nicolai" (youtube it, it's a treat).
0 0
Score : 358

if you know them in real life its fine, if not, change the passwords! xD

0 0

even if you know them online or in real life.
still you must have your personal stuff personall.
you never know when they can change thier mind and be greedy and take 1 kama form your bank 0.0

0 0
Score : 1407

I don't think it matters.

0 0

now lets get back to our original question?
is account sharing wrong or right?

in dofus law: WRONG
in my opinion: really who cares, sometimes its fun but i dont have 2 acc. broke to buy 2 memberships XD

0 0
Score : 1404

I think that it should be up to the person playing the account. Technically, all mmorpgs have a clause stating that technically they own your account and you are simply "renting" it, but I really think that the user should have more control over their own accounts since they do pay the money and put the time and effort into it. I know that sharing used to be a big thing back in the day, but a lot of things have changed. I don't share my account info with anyone because I don't trust anyone.

0 0
Score : 788

It's a risk to share your account, even with friends you know in real life. The best option is to not even consider it, because something will be taken from you, and you won't be able to get it back.

There's no reason to account share and there's no reason to risk your account's safety.

Morally: My DOFUS account, for me, is like a a toothbrush, if I share it with someone else, I get an uneasy feeling in my stomach.
Law: Well, the ToS states it as being sanctionable and against the rules, so there's no point risking your account.

- XXVI (26)

0 0
Respond to this thread