FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[News] Frigost Closed Beta Test Released!

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - June 18, 2010, 12:22:56
DevTracker Announcements

When the migration schedule was paused, we made is clear that the Frigost expansion would not be released until all of our servers were migrated to DOFUS 2.0. Now, the game has been significantly improved. We have resumed the migration process, and – baring any futher interruptions – it’s only a matter of days before that process is complete.

This means that it’s time to prepare… for the arrival of Frigost. Pulling out our winter clothes from storage is a good start, but there are even better things that we can do!

Starting today, Friday June 18, 2010, a dedicated server for the closed Frigost beta test will be available for all Premium Dofus Members, and all Beta Key Holders ! Premium Members are those who have purchased the DOFUS 2.0 Collector’s Box, and Beta Keys can be won in contests by Ankama and our partner websites.

Those lucky players can be the first to discover the new areas and quests, as well as new monsters and dungeons of Frigost : Episode 1!

A special client is required to access the Frigost Beta Server. You can download it at the following address

http://download.dofus.com/frigost/win/ (windows)
http://download.dofus.com/frigost/mac/ (mac)
http://download.dofus.com/frigost/linux/ (linux)

If you have a Frigost Beta Key Card from the recent Ankama Convention #5, or you have won a beta key in one of our recent contests, you can enter it here: http://www.dofus.com/en/frigost/beta

Those with beta access can play on the Frigost beta with their normal characters, even if they are on a DOFUS 1.29 server. A boat to the island of Frigost can be found off a port in Cania Bay [-33,-15].

Please note : All of this episode’s content will not be activated right away. We want to preserve the pleasure of discovery in some gameplay elements ; such as crafting new outfits ; for all players on all the game servers when the expansion is released.

All of the planned dungeons will not be available immediately either. We will add them gradually as the episode nears completion, and the beta is finalized enough to be considered nearly ready for its final release.

This beta test follows after a long period of internal alpha-testing, as well as a one-week special-access alpha-test reserved for the DOFUS team, their relatives, a few players from fan sites, and Ankama volunteers. The majority of game-blocking bugs have been identified and corrected through this process. This allows us to use the current beta test to focus on player suggestions and constructive criticism aimed at the Frigost atmosphere, the universe, and its gameplay elements. We want to use these remarks to adjust Frigost during its development so that it will meet the expectations of our players.

First Ankama intervention

Just posted by BillFR on his Twitter account:

BillFR

Béta #Frigost : accès majoritairement rétabli

"Access mostly restored"

See message in context
Reactions 85
Score : 3426

that was all of a sudden smile

and good to hear migration is nearly finished

0 0
Score : 39

Is information allowed to be released publicly?

0 0
Score : 327

I am premium but i recieved not my beta-key on my email as u said sad . I guess it gonna take some time before it's sent?

0 0
Score : 5815

Premium members don't need a beta key. Their accounts are pre-greenlit to enter the beta server.

0 0
Capwi|2010-06-18 15:56:00
Premium members don't need a beta key. Their accounts are pre-greenlit to enter the beta server.

Oh ohmy

Yay biggrin thanks very much
0 0
Score : 39

Ok it's down..

0 0
Score : 546

GREAT JOB ANKAMA ! smile Thanks so much Izmar.

0 0
Score : 524

I can't connect, does everyone have the same problem? I have a beta key.

0 0
Score : 44

YEY, something good for once biggrin. Thanks for the news

0 0
Score : 9

Thank you Izmar for delivering such amazing news!
Can't wait till the servers start cooperating wink Happy exploring to everyone!

0 0
Score : 1436

For those of you using RPM-based Linux distributions, there is still a problem with the install script (the same problem as with the normal Dofus 2 install script) despite me informing Ankama of the fix several months ago. In order to get the frigost beta running you'll need to perform the following steps (tested on Fedora 13):

Copy and paste the following script into a file, for example 'frigost-install':

CODE
#!/bin/bash
wget http://dl.ak.ankama.com/games/dofus2-beta/setup/setup-beta.run
chmod +x setup-beta.run
mkdir .dofus2tmp
./setup-beta.run --keep --target .dofus2tmp
if [ `which dpkg > /dev/null` = "" ]; then
        rm -rf .dofus2tmp setup-beta.run
        exit 0
fi
cd .dofus2tmp
cat DofusInstall.sh | sed 's/error \$LANG_ERROR_DPKG_ONLY/echo ""/' | sed 's/#check_software "rpm"/check_software "rpm"; if [ $? -eq 1 ]; then if [ ! `rpm -qa $LC_GAMENAME.$DOFUS_OSID` = "" ]; then sudo rpm -e $LC_GAMENAME.$DOFUS_OSID; fi; fi/' > DofusInstall-fixed.sh
chmod +x DofusInstall-fixed.sh
./DofusInstall-fixed.sh
cd ..
rm -rf .dofus2tmp setup-beta.run

Save that file then run:
CODE
chmod +x frigost-install
./frigost-install

(Assuming you called your file 'frigost-install). The script above is provided in plain text so you can verify that it will do absolutely nothing nasty to your system. When you run that script, the normal error will popup, don't worry, just click OK and the script will continue running.

Once that's done, there may be a problem running UpLauncher because of missing libraries. If you have this problem, first install adobe's linux YUM repo:
[code]sudo rpm -Uvh http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm[/code]
Then run YUM to install the missing dependencies:
[code]sudo yum -y install libssl.so.0.9.8[/code]
This will download and install AdobeReader_jpn, don't worry about the fact that it's a Japanese version of Adobe Reader, I'm as confused as you are. The important thing is that the libraries are there. They're in the wrong place however as Adobe just shove everything into /opt/ instead of proper places like RPMs should. So now you need to use the following commands:
CODE
cd /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/
sudo cp libssl.so.0.9.8 libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib

Now, running UpLauncher at this stage will fail as it tries to download another script and 'restart'. So what you need to do now is navigate to the directory where you installed the Beta to (e.g. ~/ankama/DofusBeta/) then go into the 'share' directory and download and run Ankama's script directly:
CODE
cd ~/ankama/DofusBeta/share
wget http://dl.ak.ankama.com/games/dofus2-beta/updater/linux/UpLauncher_dofus2-beta-linux_1.4.1195.run
chmod +x UpLauncher_dofus2-beta-linux_1.4.1195.run
./UpLauncher_dofus2-beta-linux_1.4.1195.run

Finally, you should be done and able to play the Beta. Have fun!
0 0
Score : 40

i can't enter it says connection lost to the server --' is that normal?

0 0
Score : 546

Where is the Icon for frigost beta ? Its not on my desktop ! ._.

0 0
Score : 277
Revoltado-pt|2010-06-18 17:52:00

Yeah same error for me. I'm premium. Is the server up?
0 0
Jabin|2010-06-18 17:08:00
Yeah same error for me. I'm premium. Is the server up?

Happens same me now ph34r
0 0
Score : 143
Revoltado-pt|2010-06-18 16:52:00

Its happening to a lot of people now...... C'mon fix it please sad
0 0
Score : 1938

"connection has been interrupted"
~Abyss

0 0
Score : 1465

Yeah, when I sign in, it loads up to 50% then I get an error message saying "The connection to the server has been interrupted unexpectedly."

I'm wondering if that's just becuase so many people are trying to sign on at once.

0 0
Score : 1091

yeah, cant connect :'( DOO SOMETHIIINGG!!! i have a code (and used it lol, and yes it worked) and i have sub so need to worry about possible f2p restrictions.

0 0
Respond to this thread