FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

General question

By Nebulation July 03, 2010, 07:17:23

Just recently started to play Dofus with my girl, and I must say for a free (up to now) game that is only ran through Java it is a very very solid game. I'm very impressed and glad I gave this unique game a try.

In other MMOs I have played you could sell the stacks you get from mobs (stacks being the things they dropped and add up quite fast) to vendors and make decent game money, however, in any of the areas this far in Dofus I can only get like 1 kama a piece. Is this because I'm unsubscribed?

0 0
Reactions 17
Score : 4768
Nebulation|2010-07-02 22:17:00
Just recently started to play Dofus with my girl, and I must say for a free (up to now) game that is only ran through Java it is a very very solid game. I'm very impressed and glad I gave this unique game a try.

In other MMOs I have played you could sell the stacks you get from mobs (stacks being the things they dropped and add up quite fast) to vendors and make decent game money, however, in any of the areas this far in Dofus I can only get like 1 kama a piece. Is this because I'm unsubscribed?

Nope. We all have the same thing. It was to keep inflation down a bit on the servers because it used to be way to easy to make kamas. You could sell just about anything for kamas to a NPC, but they fixed it so you have to make kamas the more traditional ways: Kamas dropped by monsters and from selling to other players.
0 0
Score : 3824

You're not supposed to sell drops to NPCs, you're supposed to sell them in markets for other players to buy (Where you'll get much more money than selling to NPCs)

EDIT : Hot damn someone beat me to it

0 0
Score : 330

Okay thank you for the responses. How can I know what to price the things I find?

0 0
Nebulation|2010-07-02 22:29:00
Okay thank you for the responses. How can I know what to price the things I find?

Look for the item you want to sell in the market. Use the price you find as a basis for pricing. You can match, or preferrably, undercut the other person's prices.
0 0

Thank you. One more question. How do weapons come into effect when you deal damage? Do they count for every spell or only melee ones or what?

For example: if I was a cra and my spell already uses a bow how would yielding a bow help me?

0 0
Nebulation|2010-07-02 22:40:00
Thank you. One more question. How do weapons come into effect when you deal damage? Do they count for every spell or only melee ones or what?

For example: if I was a cra and my spell already uses a bow how would yielding a bow help me?

It doesn't affect it at all. The spell doesn't use a bow, it shows a bow animation. Using a bow as a weapon is different than using a spell, but damage is treated the same in the damage calculations.
0 0

So having a weapon is just the same as adding another piece of armor or anything else? Why do they say srams are really good with daggers then?

0 0
Score : 6554

Weapons are both another piece of armor and another form of attack. Certain classes have a damage bonus if they use a certain type of weapon, and a slight damage decrease if using other weapons (BUT this damage bonus/penalty only counts to the weapon's damage, and nothing else). There's a whole table detailing this here.

The use of weapons for attack is completely optional (but it's recommended to fill the slot somehow, almost all weapons tend to give stats!). Furthermore, most lower-leveled weapons are rather useless, you'd probably be better off just using your spells for attack.

0 0
Score : 7685

You have a "close combat" attack (even though that's something of a misnomer in the case of ranged weapons) in addition to all your spells, and that's what your equipped weapon affects.

Classes have different inherent damage adjustments when using close combat attacks, in the form of penalties when using the "wrong" weapons. Each class has a min weapon (full damage) and one secondary weapon (95% damage), while all other weapons for that class do only 90% damage. (Exception: Sacriers are 90% with all weapons) For example, Srams do full damage with daggers, so it's their best weapon.

At higher levels (particularly above 100), weapon damage will be a significant part of your arsenal, but there's no need to worry too much about it at lower levels.

0 0
Score : 1414
EDIT : The reply of another forumer is deleted what i answered for ... so ...

0 0

Thanks alot for the help. One more thing I don't quite get. Is there a market at all? Or does everyone just use merchant mode? I go around astrub and I can't find a merchant that will let me sell any of my items.

Oh and why can people see me when I'm invisible while dueling? I'm not grouped with them and they can spot me.

0 0

There are several markets located in Astrub, and in other cities such as Bonta and Brakmar.
Check your map, and are you looking for a market to sell your drops?

0 0

Yes, I found the market where you can sell drops, but I can only do like 4 at a time. And some that are stacked I can only sell one at a time lol. WTH?

0 0

There is a limit in the astrub markets that only allow you to sell 5 items, in Bonta and Brakmar, the limit is 20 items

0 0
Score : 1436

Also, Dofus isn't written in Java (only the server-side is). The bit you see is Flash written in ActionScript 3.

0 0
Score : 3242
Nebulation|2010-07-04 05:14:00
Yes, I found the market where you can sell drops, but I can only do like 4 at a time. And some that are stacked I can only sell one at a time lol. WTH?

Yeah, you can sell stuff in stacks of 1, 10, or 100. This is to keep the prices even. Also, Bonta and Brakmar have much lower item selling penalties.

http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dofus_Wiki is a great site for helping out players.
0 0
sadasfhbcdbcv|2010-07-04 13:05:00
my game is french plz help i wanna change to english

You have to click the flag in the UpLauncher and change it to the U.K. Flag. If it already is the U.K. Flag, you have to change to a different flag and back to the U.K. flag. That should fix it for you.
0 0
Respond to this thread