FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Imps Forums

By CloudyMind - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - November 06, 2010, 01:24:41

I am wondering which one of the forums is better: The official Dofus forums or the Imps Village forums?

What i have heard about Imps village from players:
I have been told that all pros go there, they post news about the top guilds and players, guides and tips for classes and generally some very good arguements based more on experience and less shit talk.
I also heard some bad comments about Imps. They told me that people like showing off there, since they can have their own picture, profiles and everything.
Still i expecct some nabs there from what i have heard.

What i have seen on Official forums:
Nice amtosphere, fun times, people are actually helping each other plus you get Mods and Devs helping. I guess it's the best place to learn about game changes, news about the game and stuff and i really like the off-topic... sometimes.
The bad thing about these forums though is that you get some people spamming on every topic. They grow eggs and stuff and they only post for the ranks. Well, i know that other people are fed up with it and so am i. That's the reason i actually made this topic, so i might as well move to Imps Village for some seriousness or maybe stick to both.

I have never been no Imps Village forums, so i am asking you guys for an honest opinion. Where should i go?
Cheers.

0 0
Reactions 63
Score : 2575

Imps: More variety, less strict. You will get pretty much the best help possible, community is generally older. There is a lot of showing off, but there are threads for that, and theres way more going on there than here.

0 0
Score : 3288

Also I noticed when you ask for help on a specific build, you get epic level players answer. On here you get level 20s who think soloing gobbal dungeon is the best thing one can do. Ever.

0 0
Score : 2685

Imps definitely has more people that actually know what their talking about. I post mainly on imps if I need help from higher lvls. I post here to help lower levels and to not feel like a noob compared to imps smile.

0 0
Score : 2461

I stay on the official forums... I'm barely willing to sign up for 1 forum, let alone 2 just for a single game.. Ankama's account already covers all their games and forums.

People who go on about Imps Village being "better" than the official forum seem to have issues... You can't exactly complain about "poor quality" if your answer is to run off somewhere else instead of actually contributing yourself.

0 0
Score : 7685

In terms of finding experienced players, it's a good place to go. I used to like to read topics in the Information section.

More frequently, however, it's just a den of nastiness, with the "elite" players believing they're better than everyone else (in Dofus or otherwise). It seems to be full of people who hate Ankama and frequently even each other. The moderators on the official forums are quick to lock and/or delete any topics that are nothing but "ANKAMA YOU CHANGED SOMETHING IN THE GAME NOW I HATE YOU FOREVER DIE DIE FOWL FILTH FILTH FOUL AND YOU'RE SOMETHING FOUL" ranting, but the Imps Village moderators almost seem to encourage and even join in such topics.

That's why I stopped going. I don't even remember my login information anymore.

0 0
Score : 2685

I like the fact that the mods actually get involved in discussions. Even the admin does too.

0 0
Schmendrick|2010-11-06 04:46:00
In terms of finding experienced players, it's a good place to go. I used to like to read topics in the Information section.

More frequently, however, it's just a den of nastiness, with the "elite" players believing they're better than everyone else (in Dofus or otherwise). It seems to be full of people who hate Ankama and frequently even each other. The moderators on the official forums are quick to lock and/or delete any topics that are nothing but "ANKAMA YOU CHANGED SOMETHING IN THE GAME NOW I HATE YOU FOREVER DIE DIE FOWL FILTH FILTH FOUL AND YOU'RE SOMETHING FOUL" ranting, but the Imps Village moderators almost seem to encourage and even join in such topics.

That's because on here people rant without a foundation.
0 0
Score : 3226
Schmendrick|2010-11-06 04:46:00

When there is a thread that bashes ankama (its not to often especially since 2.0) its usually consisting of facts and sources as the reason for the hate.
When someone here hates on ankama its usually just :" Blah blah blah 2.0 is for noobs 90% of dofus quit bring back 1.29 so my level 30 cra can still play".

The mods on imps let anti ankama threads stay alive for the potential debate it can bring about, having a good discussion is always welcome and since imps isnt a totalitarian type of environment if the discussion is within the bounds of the rules then theres no point in closing it. Threads get closed when they get spammy , off topic or are generally baiting flames not for bringing forth topics that go against the game creators. This isnt north korea after all.

Imps is a far broader forum, if you dont feel like talking about dofus you dont have to. Our general discussion areas are very well organized and offer alot of different topics to discuss, on this forum you just have the same 5 people spamming 10 different threads for +1's.
And if you do feel like talking about dofus theres plenty of sections for that as well, i personally like the gallery. If i mage or craft a nice item and want to show others of my achievements its one click away. Sure thats showing off, but its not like were posting screen caps and saying "LOOK AT MY +1AP KRINGLOVE AHAHA YOU NOOBS ARENT GOING TO GET IT" at best, well be giving tips on how to mage one yourself as well.

And as said earlier when you ask for help you are most likely going to get a bunch of people who are all level 19x-200 posting in your thread giving you tips on sets, spells, leveling areas ect.

[Removed for general rudeness and flames] Adikia~
0 0
Score : 1515

I do both, typically... plus any individual forums belonging to guilds I am in. rolleyes

Typically I go to Imps to browse the chatter and art, seek out a particular bit of knowledge, pick up the latest time-sensitive info (say if the login server suddenly crashed, as generally a thread is up there within 10 minutes about it) or check the level 100 professions thread. Typically I go to the official forums to browse the occasional Ankama announcement/update and see if there are threads asking questions that I can answer.

Really, it depends on what you want from a forum and how you might use it (or get used by it). Just keep in mind that if it is not the official ankama forum you shouldn't set up your account there with the same name/pass as Dofus's.

0 0
Score : 22009

Officals are more official. smile

Each community has a different vibe; I leantowards the opinions that have been expressed by the mother board users. Yes, mother board. tongue

-Cato

0 0
Score : 3209

I'd say that JoL is the best place to find information about the game: both players and developers post there. Neither IV nor official english-speaking forums have this.

As for IV and official forums, personally, I prefer the latter. Official forums are moderated better and have less people who quitted the game but feel like giving advice disregarding their awareness of the latest changes.

0 0
Score : 1436
Nikto|2010-11-06 10:57:00
As for IV and official forums, personally, I prefer the latter. Official forums are moderated better and have less people who quitted the game but feel like giving advice disregarding their awareness of the latest changes.

I beg to differ, could you provide some examples of this? Users on Imps Village are very hostile towards misinformation (which is rampant on the Official Forums, spread by a certain select few members who shall remain nameless) so anyone providing out-of-date advice will quickly be corrected.

I think I can safely say Imps Village is more informative. During the beta releases of each of the Frigost episodes information and tactics on how to beat the new dungeon bosses was being posted. Immediately after the episode was released, information on the new gear was being posted too. Some of this stuff may appear on the officials too but it gets quickly buried.
0 0
Score : 3209

IV may be more informative compared to official forums. But for the information it's still better to use JoL and French official forums, even browsing with Google translate yields better results. That was my point.

As for the rest, if I remember correctly the rules of this forum forbid from posting the names. However, I will agree with you that many (not all) IV users are very hostile, not only towards misinformation, although.

This is my personal opinion.

0 0
Score : 2575
Nikto|2010-11-06 18:35:00
IV may be more informative compared to official forums. But for the information it's still better to use JoL and French official forums, even browsing with Google translate yields better results. That was my point.

As for the rest, if I remember correctly the rules of this forum forbid from posting the names. However, I will agree with you that many (not all) IV users are very hostile, not only towards misinformation, although.

This is my personal opinion.

JoL does seem like the best choice, a lot of information on imps comes from it as well, but unless you're fluent in French, imps is your best bet.
0 0
Score : 1354

Basically, it's an unofficial forum. Meaning the policies on certain things can be less... customer-friendly.

They can let anti-company comments go. Here any negative comment about dofus 2 gets immediately closed and/or removed.

It's could be ok for them to warn low-level players not to post in high-level topics. Don't know if they do, but they very well could. Here they can't.

I can see those 2 things being better at Imps than on this forum. But that's pretty much it. The rest comes from a combination of the above points, for example having more high-level players helping because they're tired of low-level players bugging them here.

But ever since Imps decide to block all access to non-members, I never visit anymore. I don't have an account there and never will. Personally I encourage everyone to post here unless they have specific needs from the 2 points above : need to post an anti-company or anti-dofus 2 comment, or need help only from high-level players in the know.

0 0
Score : 1436

I would just advise anyone who's interested to sign up and have a look around, it can't hurt and you may end up becoming a valued member of the community.

0 0

To sum this topic up:

Yes.

0 0
Score : 2461
Elusial|2010-11-07 01:35:00
I would just advise anyone who's interested to sign up and have a look around, it can't hurt and you may end up becoming a valued member of the community.
Most people don't want to buy something without knowing what they're getting. While it's rather abstract, signing up for something is paying in time&effort&information (your personal information, email address, keeping track of login details, etc).
0 0
Score : 3426
GoldfishGod|2010-11-07 11:28:00
Most people don't want to buy something without knowing what they're getting. While it's rather abstract, signing up for something is paying in time&effort&information (your personal information, email address, keeping track of login details, etc).

thats a great comment to make on a forum to discuss an online game that is designed to waste hours of your time

especially since you probably had to go through the same length of process to make your account to start playing the f2p game

it takes <5 minutes to make an account for imps (that remembers you log in name btw)
0 0