By CloudyMind - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - November 06, 2010, 01:24:41
Reactions 63
Score : 3422

JoL is the best.

0 0
Score : 1436
eotkodekff|2010-11-07 08:26:00
JoL is the best.

Unless you speak French, you cannot participate in JoL.

Furthermore, as far as JoL goes in terms of being informative, they had a spoiler ban in place for various Frigost episode 2 bosses whereas Imps did not. Therefore, if you had wanted to find out how to beat Celestial Bearbarian for instance, you would only have been able to find out on Imps, not JoL.
0 0
Score : 2461
rossiscooler|2010-11-07 04:13:00
thats a great comment to make on a forum to discuss an online game that is designed to waste hours of your time

especially since you probably had to go through the same length of process to make your account to start playing the f2p game

it takes <5 minutes to make an account for imps (that remembers you log in name btw)
It doesn't matter what you're signing up to... I certainly don't sign up to every f2p game I see just to "try it out" either. The more things you sign up to, the more chance your email will be filled with "authorised" junk (and spam in some cases).

"Remember my login" is a security hole (when other people have access to your computer), and the exact opposite of helpful when you have to wipe your cookies/use a different computer (since there's no pressure to remember your password every time you login, when you do need to remember it, you've probably forgotten).

I might not have the same thought process as you when signing up for things, but I know some people share it.

Signing up for Dofus, I already knew what the game looked like, etc... and it provided me access to the forums without any additional effort/information. Signing up for Imps Village is additional effort, for very little return (I already have a forums where I can discuss/question Ankama things, the wiki provides comprehensive information in most cases).
0 0
GoldfishGod|2010-11-07 14:43:00
Signing up for Dofus, I already knew what the game looked like, etc... and it provided me access to the forums without any additional effort/information. Signing up for Imps Village is additional effort, for very little return (I already have a forums where I can discuss/question Ankama things, the wiki provides comprehensive information in most cases).

Do you want to hazard a guess as to where a lot of the wiki's information comes from? That's right, Imps Village.

I'm not really sure how you can claim that signing up to Imps Village offers very little return when you're not a member and therefore unable to judge how much 'return' it offers. You're just basing your assumptions on what you think it's like rather than what you know.

But that's fine, no-one's trying to convince you to join anything, I very much doubt you'll be missed.
0 0
Score : 218
Elusial|2010-11-07 16:59:00
But that's fine, no-one's trying to convince you to join anything, I very much doubt you'll be missed.

100 % imps attitude

"we don't know you but we already know we don't like you."
0 0
Elusial|2010-11-07 14:59:00
Do you want to hazard a guess as to where a lot of the wiki's information comes from? That's right, Imps Village.
The wiki information comes from people who do the wiki... you could just as easily claim the people who do the wiki are on the Official forums, or playing the game. There may be overlap between the communities, but that doesn't mean much beyond that. The wiki doesn't need sign-up, and doesn't use the IV sign-up either as far as i know (since it's a wikia site, with wikia-account login).

As for "knowing" IV... there are ways, without specifically creating an account for yourself.
0 0
Score : 1354
WhatAnOrc|2010-11-07 17:09:00
100 % imps attitude

"we don't know you but we already know we don't like you."

And "if you're not an Imps member, you're not worthy of knowing". Nothing prevents them to post the early translations or boss startegys or whatever on this forum. But they don't.

Which is why whenever I did a translation job for my guild, I stated that if it made it to Imps I'd stop doing it.
0 0
Score : 6563
GoldfishGod|2010-11-07 10:16:00
As for "knowing" IV... there are ways, without specifically creating an account for yourself.

I don't understand how you can know everything about a website that you don't go to. And reading all the Impsvillage-related threads on this forum doesn't count.

Impsvillage is not an elitist snob colony like the people in this thread are suggesting (yes, that's exactly what you guys are saying). I think you should all actually give Impsvillage a try, and you'll be surprised. As long as you're not an idiot, everyone there is pretty nice to you. If I thought Imps was a horrible place with horrible people, I would have left the website long ago! I've been a member for over four years now, and it's great.
0 0
TheSkavenguy|2010-11-07 16:32:00
And "if you're not an Imps member, you're not worthy of knowing". Nothing prevents them to post the early translations or boss startegys or whatever on this forum. But they don't.

Which is why whenever I did a translation job for my guild, I stated that if it made it to Imps I'd stop doing it.

Firstly, that's just baseless accusative rhetoric. Secondly, just as nothing prevents Imps members from posting their information on the OF, nothing prevents people joining Imps Village to find that information. But they don't. Imps posters post their information on Imps because that is the community they associate with the most and it would be extra effort to post in a separate community that they have no involvement with. They don't do it because they want to somehow keep it all exclusive and elitist. If that were the case, Imps Village would be invite-only and not open to everyone to register.

The amount of apparently irrational bias against Imps Village is quite astonishing given the complete lack of any evidence to support such claims.
0 0
Elusial|2010-11-07 15:52:00
Firstly, that's just baseless accusative rhetoric.
I think it's common for people claiming membership of Imps Village on the Official Forum to display a derogatory attitude towards the Official Forums, and those who prefer it, at the same time. Call it a vocal minority, but along with the "must signup to read" policy, it comes across as hostile.

As for the effort of submitting information/discussion to two communities... weren't you just arguing that it was no effort at all?
0 0
GoldfishGod|2010-11-07 17:15:00
As for the effort of submitting information/discussion to two communities... weren't you just arguing that it was no effort at all?

Please do show me where I said that.
0 0
Elusial|2010-11-07 14:59:00
I'm not really sure how you can claim that signing up to Imps Village offers very little return when you're not a member and therefore unable to judge how much 'return' it offers.
Since you were responding to my belief that Imps Village was just duplicating things I already had access to, in response to the idea signing-up to "look" required no effort (though a single look would provide no real information about each community, since you have to properly experience it over time).
0 0
Score : 3344

Lets compare forums for information if you are French or don't mind spending a few hours with google translator trying to understand it then JOL otherwise Imps.

If you want to see what the developers are posting on Forums JOL or the French Forum (using a translator)because the developers don't post here and are not going to post at Imps.

If you want to actually discus and debate something about Ankama or the game Imps.Imps doesn't allow pointless Ankama bashing anymore than pointless Ankama praising.You want to say something negative about Ankama about the direction they are taking the game or changes to spells and equipment the headhunter quest or anything else state your reason and give your facts and you can post on Imps.On this Forum anything negative in a post and the post disappears and threads locked even if what you say is true if they don't want it seen it disappears.

Izmar is doing a great job given the constraints and lack of resources from Ankama.Imps has no constraints and no resources from Ankama but they translate and inform and have been doing it for quite awhile and it is a Forum (a place to discus and debate).

GoldfishGod|2010-11-07 17:15:00
I think it's common for people claiming membership of Imps Village on the Official Forum to display a derogatory attitude towards the Official Forums, and those who prefer it, at the same time. Call it a vocal minority, but along with the "must signup to read" policy, it comes across as hostile.

I could say
I think it's common for people on the Official Forum to display a derogatory attitude towards Imps Village, and those who prefer it

At this point I would like to remind long time players and inform new players that when this Forum was even further in the wilderness and forgotten not even having a CM it was the kind players at Imps that posted translations on this Forum to let players know what was going on
0 0
Score : 1546

They have a bad view of the OF because the two most well known people are [names removed]

0 0
LordGreyDragon|2010-11-07 16:57:00
I could say
I think it's common for people on the Official Forum to display a derogatory attitude towards Imps Village, and those who prefer it
But the majority of posts on the Official Forum don't have anything to do with Imps Village. It's the combination of those people posting that they're members of IV, and in the same discussion, talking down the Official Forum. So it comes across as if they've specifically come to the Official Forum to troll it. Threads specifically made to bash IV on the Official Forums, are very uncommon, and are usually removed as Imps Village is not under Ankama's control, and it's flaming anyway. Those same people are perfectly fine outside IV-specific discussion (but then they aren't identifying as being IV members at those times so it's not noticeable).
0 0
0 0
GoldfishGod|2010-11-07 17:50:00
Since you were responding to my belief that Imps Village was just duplicating things I already had access to, in response to the idea signing-up to "look" required no effort (though a single look would provide no real information about each community, since you have to properly experience it over time).

I was quite obviously responding to your comment that Imps offered very little return, not making a comment on the amount of effort required. It doesn't take much effort to signup or to look for information but it will take a bit more effort to participate, that much is obvious. No-one's saying you have to make that effort, just that the option's open and it does have its advantages. If you don't believe that, don't join, it's as simple as that. But please don't presume to be able to comment on an entire community when you are not even involved in it.
0 0
Elusial|2010-11-07 17:31:00
I was quite obviously responding to your comment that Imps offered very little return, not making a comment on the amount of effort required.
The return "for me" is very little for the effort I'd need to put in. Of course, if a 55-page indirect flame thread is a sign of what unique discussion IV has to offer then the theoretical "return" is even less than I previously thought. Is the effort of posting a post on two different forums, more of an effort than signing up twice?
0 0

I bet [name removed] is some guy who is banned on IV...

It's simple really, asking a question on IV is always going to get a better response than official forums.

Example:

I want to know if living chest drops rare fish.

Where do I post this question on the official forums?

Under enutrof class discussion.

It doesn't actually get read for a couple hours because as soon as someone posts a SINGLE thing in the entire class section it gets bumped to the top list on the front page of the forums meaning for anyone to actually SEE my question they would have to click classes -> then go to enutrofs -> then find my thread.

If I asked the same question on impsvillage it would be answered within the hour by players who know/can be trusted on their information.

0 0

If the mudslinging does not stop, this thread will.

I don't care what imps does, here we're going to be civil and not take stabs at one another. I don't want to see another name posted (even if you think you've cleverly disguised it).