FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofus RP World

By simomate April 02, 2011, 13:21:51
Off Topic: I am... so pissed off right now lol. I spent so much time typing this up and it "PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED" I've now learnt to save it before I post it xD

-Introduction-
Greetings, my name is simomate. Not my real name, rather the name I have created for myself for online. I hate being called my real name online, unless it's by someone I know. Part of the reason maybe because of the username is there clear with every post.

Enough about myself. I'm here to propose a new project, called Drpw. This a system that clearly defines how the World of Twelve functions, so that if everyone abided by this, everyone would have the same idea on how the world of twelve works. In my RPing, I have noticed that everyone else seemed to have a differernt understanding of the world. This ultimately does lead to confusement. I've decided it would be better if there was some source, this, that RPs could abide by. And in Drpw, would be all the information about the RP world of Dofus, (not the game world). If a RP creator decides to abide by Drpw, he should put it in description, and give a link to this thread/the future website I will make to keep things organised.

Dprw will be a group effort, or so I hope. I don't want to dictate this forum. I hope that everyone will pitch in, posting their ideas on any changes. Helping shape each animal. Each religion. How spells work. So many possiblities so that everyone in the RP would all understand what they are RPing about.

The most important thing Drpw shall define is: The Classes. In Drpw the 12 religions will not be defined as classes (or races) but rather as religions. And a person does not *have* to be in one of the religions. In Drpw there exist, the common classes. People who don't devote their life to their god, but still follow a fighting craft. Such as Knights, Rangers, Rogues etc. Also, a person devoted to a religion, does not have to follow it's fighting craft. But if they wish to follow any sort of fighting craft, *then* they must follow how their god fights. For an example, an Iop is very similar to a Knight. The difference bettween an Iop and a Knight, is an Iop recieves powers from it's temples. And the more experinced he is in the Iop craft, and the more devoted to his god becomes, the more powerful his spells become. Plus, the more spells he can cast.

A thing I've always hated is how much the religions seem like races when people RP. How Iops are generally dumb and stupid. How they all look the same. The religion and craft, does *not* affect their personality in Drpw. Instead, it turns the idea of Iops being stupid into a stereotype. This allows for Iops of many differernt personalities while saying true to Dofus. So instead of Iops being stupid and dumb, this is just how *other* people who aren't Iops, see them as. How each religion treats one another. Etc etc, you know what I mean I hope. However, despite this concept, each religion will still have their own culture. How you are raised, *does* ultimatly affect how one sees the world. How one defines right and wrong. Drpw shall clearly define the culture of each religion.

Now then, onto appearnce. In the game world, and this is okay, everyone Iop looks *exactly* the same, aside from their colours. However, in the RP world, this should not be the case. *But* they will wear similar clothes to that of their god. A truly devoted one, would try and look exactly like his god. The idea of appearnce is one I've not thought about much, but prehaps you can help me?

Drpw won't just focus on religion. It will focus on the animals/monsters. On certain equipment. There's so many pontential things to discuss in Drpw. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will Drpw. I was planning on discusing more, but I fear I do not have the time atm. I don't even have time to fix all my spelling T_T As Drpw grows bigger I will change the version. I grow fond of doing that xD Please post any ideas, or what you think of this whole concept. I don't expect to be able to dictate and make everyone follow Drpw, but those who chose to, simply should say so in their RP description. I certainly will be following it.

Since Dprw is only just in progress it shall be...

Version: 0.01
0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 32

HEY YOU COPIED MY PLAN I POSTED THIS SUGGESTION WAAAAAY B4 U

0 -1
Score : 6699

Wtf? Goldenrule calm down. Now tell me wtf are you on about?

This thread:
Click here

Is that what you are on about? Because if it is, then how has it *ANYTHING* to do with anything I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with with roleplay service. This is about forum roleplaying which I have done here since 2009 I think. So I wouldn't mind you to back off, and actually read what this was about.

0 0
Score : 2418

Hello Simomate,

As much as I admire the idea to make decent standards, there is one thing I'd like to remark regarding this idea, which is as follows:
You are implying that all RPs should follow this example, which just happens to be quite exactly the way you view the world of twelve. Not to sound rude, but the way you are putting it now, you are indirectly forcing people to apply your view to their stories. Even though you claim they do not have to, making a certain view the standard limits freedom, and will limit fantasy.

Again, I have nothing against the idea as a whole, but I believe that is something as this is to succeed, certain areas deserve a proper public vote, and this should merely be an example, not a standard.

0 0

No,I didn't say *all* RPs should follow this, I wrote somewhere among that, that people wishing their thread to follow those guidelines simply put it in the description. smile People are free to do what they like, they can chose to abide by Drpw, or not. But in threads that follow Drpw, then the information is all here.

I understand that it may feel it just my way of viewing the world, (and yes, I am asking people's opinon on how they see the classes) and I see your point in a way. But as a I said, I plan this to be a group effort. Do you want to help prepare?

People, for now we work on the general ideas of our classes work. Post your ideas away.

0 0
Score : 32

I support anything that has to do with roleplaying in dofus!

0 0

GoldenRule, just to let you know the kinda of Roleplaying I'm talking about is calaborative story telling. Do you actually do that? tongue
I've began making the forum in which we can discuss Drpw, and all the information can be stored.

Click here

Of course, we can also do discussion here. But information will be offically stored there.

GoldenRule, just to let you know the kinda of Roleplaying I'm talking about is calaborative story telling. Do you actually do that? tongue
I've began making the forum in which we can discuss Drpw, and all the information can be stored.

Click here

Of course, we can also do discussion here. But information will be offically stored there.

Capslok is helping with this project. She cant post however, because forums wont let her. So shes talking to me Via chat.

0 0
Score : 970

I'm helping simo too btw. Simo also came up with an explantion about how brakmarians keep their powers even when they don't worship their god and instead worship Rushu. So basically he/she becomes a demon and can steal the power from the temple to use in fights.

0 0
Score : 4090

Well, I'll be using this quite often if it stays active.

0 0
Score : 7840

I almost liked this, but then I realized it wasn't gonna go in a direction I like wink

Nice idea, hope it works for you.

*Travis

0 0
Respond to this thread