FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The RolePlay Conference Room

By September 22, 2009, 05:43:39
Reactions 1859
Score : 10889

so, this is like this treat where ppl can post stuff also 'bout other roleplaying games? ohmy or should we keep it to dofus only?

0 0
Score : 6685

Its intended for Spitting Bwork Traven, but open disscusion can be made here, but not sure if amkama will want you talking about other RPGs xD. its discusion about this fourm, weather you wish to share your opion about an Current RP, Share your tips for roleplay. Share Ideas, too try and have everyone to follow, example: Mama is trying to have everyone post their topic idea here, before they actualy make the roleplay, to take it others ideas, on if it will work, and ideas for rules and plot, and have people joined from very begining

0 0
Score : 362

Well if im this tread is supposed to be made to talk about RP then i will say something.

simomate you know you also have a 3rd RP called "The arena", i think is dying alredy

0 0
Score : 1462

I've revived an old RP. I hope you guys can all join. It's a really fun premise and was one of the most successful RP's in the history of the Spitting Bwork Tavern.

0 0
Score : 265

deleted: bad post

0 0

"The Arena" And "Civ Dofus" I dont consider to be RPs. The Arena is just full on war with no Plot and Civ Dofus, its not much of a story either. Plus that didn't get very far. Obvious I started RP last month, judging by my posts in Dofus Acadamy, War of the Dofus, Prototype, and mystry legion, how do you rate me as an RPer, and I want your honest opion. And could you give me ideas on how to improve?

It seems you are revamping old threads. You say there are no great RPs anymore. Dofus acadamy is on its 15th page, and is still standing tall.

0 0

Simomate, you are an ok RPer for a beginner. You have some spelling issues which can be a bit distracting at times, but it's not that big of a deal. One thing that I would suggest you try is to try to keep it as "realistic" as you can (I put realistic in quotes because there is really nothing realistic about Dofus). Also, try adding a little more details to your posts before you jump right into the action. I noticed on your Mystery of the Dark Legion posts you introduced your character, said what was happening and then something gigantic would happen. Try to ease into it a little slower.

Of course these are just tips from me. I don't proclaim to be a great RPer. It's just something I think I'm pretty good at.

Dofus Academy is doing well as it is on its 15th page. Hopefuly that one keeps going. I just want to get a number a really good RP's out there at once. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm saying this forum is no good. I'm not. I'm just saying it's not what it was 2 to 3 years ago. I'm just trying to get our forum back up to that point for the good of all. I'm glad you guys are all posting and trying to make this place better too.

0 0
Score : 5795
ObviousAgent|2009-09-26 16:15:00
Simomate, you are an ok RPer for a beginner. You have some spelling issues which can be a bit distracting at times, but it's not that big of a deal. One thing that I would suggest you try is to try to keep it as "realistic" as you can (I put realistic in quotes because there is really nothing realistic about Dofus). Also, try adding a little more details to your posts before you jump right into the action. I noticed on your Mystery of the Dark Legion posts you introduced your character, said what was happening and then something gigantic would happen. Try to ease into it a little slower.

Of course these are just tips from me. I don't proclaim to be a great RPer. It's just something I think I'm pretty good at.

Dofus Academy is doing well as it is on its 15th page. Hopefuly that one keeps going. I just want to get a number a really good RP's out there at once. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm saying this forum is no good. I'm not. I'm just saying it's not what it was 2 to 3 years ago. I'm just trying to get our forum back up to that point for the good of all. I'm glad you guys are all posting and trying to make this place better too.

That.

Your spelling problems are a huge issue in my book, since having to stop in the middle of a good read to figure out what xxx is really ruins the entire thing. As for being realistic, try to keep to the mechanics of the thing itself. For example, I'd like it if when you described the effects of spells, not to warp it into some weird bomb thing, like you did with Mass Trap. Also, try to be consistent. If you write about your character being nervous, show a legitimate progression if you wish to move that aspect of your character's personality to another level.

Don't over exaggerate something which is typical of the character. Just mention it a few times with regularity for comic relief, if that is the aim, but don't keep reverting back to the 'peed in my pants' method whenever you wish to reinforce that aspect of your character's personality or to express fear. It gets old.
0 0

I guess Im a better story writer (Note the story I posted on the website, I made straight from my head with no editing). People say Im a really good story writer, but I type differerntly when doing RP. As for the keep it realistc, hardly possible considering my new rp im a super human, trying to figure out who he is, and whats happening to him

0 0

Simomate, I just wanted to clear something up. On my new thread, A Walk in the Dark II, you said a great RPer includes as much info on their character as possible. This is just not true. Just because I don't include all the clothing my character is wearing, their hair color, their birthday, their hobbies, and what they had for breakfast that day in the little area before I even start writing, it doesn't mean I'm not doing a good job.

Have you ever read a book in which they included everything you ever wanted to know about a character in the first few sentences? I don't think so. Usually an author won't fully describe his main character in full until at least the end of the second chapter, and then you still don't know everything about them.

Character development is a process. It's much more interesting if you tell your audience about your character in your actual writing then in a little section before hand. I include Name, Class, and Age usually, as that is nice to know. The rest I leave to in-text character development.

Overall, I don't care if you do things differently than I do. Each author has their own process. But don't tell me a "Great" Rper does this or that like this or that.

0 0
Score : 5795
simomate|2009-09-26 21:40:00
I guess Im a better story writer (Note the story I posted on the website, I made straight from my head with no editing). People say Im a really good story writer, but I type differerntly when doing RP. As for the keep it realistc, hardly possible considering my new rp im a super human, trying to figure out who he is, and whats happening to him

I don't know about your new RP, I've never read it. I was basing it off my experiences with you in TDA.
0 0
Score : 3121

About that. You see, Capwi, Blood isn't really evil anymore, and I think Simomate has left that personality behind.

0 0
Score : 1142

hello people im advetising a new game thread that will be coming out in a few minuets called:dofus bandit.it is a lot like the dofus king of the hill but it is a bit different.i hope i can get people playing it!(my first game thread died sad )see you on the thread!

0 0
Score : 362

Well actually you were the one who killed it by ending the war against the srams

0 0
Score : 424

Hmm. I'm thinking of making an RP where every section of the Dofus world is in a different time period; for example, Astrub would be in X time, Cania plains would be in Y time, Pandala would be in Z time, etc. Of course, that's just the basic idea. Anyone think it's a good one?

0 0
Shadow-Frost|2009-10-03 02:57:00
Hmm. I'm thinking of making an RP where every section of the Dofus world is in a different time period; for example, Astrub would be in X time, Cania plains would be in Y time, Pandala would be in Z time, etc. Of course, that's just the basic idea. Anyone think it's a good one?

Hmm a recent RP War of The Classes has been named dead, so I reckon we should make a new RP. Your idea seems complicated, wouldn't you just make two worlds, based on the world of twelve, one in Dofus time, and one in Wakfu time. It makes no sense, you would enter a differernt time, by going to Cania
0 0

But I mean like, every region is permanently stuck is a specific time period. I dunno, maybe the characters would have to go fix the time or whatever, or maybe the God Xelor messed with time or something.

0 0
Score : 3121

We could have all the ages of history! The tech age, the industrial age, the magic age, the prehistoric age! It could be like Chrono Trigger (Look it up)!

0 0

All the ages? No way, we should just keep it too two times, having too many ages, makes the thread complicated.

Heres my idea:
Plot: Two worlds, two times. The time of Dofus, and the time of Wakfu. Each player has two characters one for each time. Begin the thread, easing in, with their life, and troubles, of the characters, then on page 2, people find away of communicating with people from another time, the time eventualy gets mixed up, differernt, areas are differernt times, as your charactr enters asturb, wakfu graphics and time, as you enter amakama village dofus graphics and time. the orgest, ends up in dofus time, Dark vald, creates mischef in Wakfu. After a while, when we write a view pages of how life went on, the characters go on a quest to fix time.

0 0

I still think just two times is a bit boring.

And Yes, DWK, Chrono Trigger was an awesome game. Pity I haven't bought the remake yet D:

0 0
Respond to this thread