Ankama Trackers

The RolePlay Conference Room

By September 22, 2009, 05:43:39
Reactions 1859
Score : 1120

I can do that.

0 0
Score : 2415

I might start off my RP this weekend, if I find time between social life and school work.

0 0
Score : 978
simo7mate|2011-09-16 08:13:14
prepare-to-die|2011-09-15 17:49:33
SilverAmphithere|2011-09-15 09:34:31
I don't think the problem is numbers. I'd say it's the frequency of posting.

Seconded.
Third. Im thinking maybe a post every 3 days. So we all spend 3 days working on a post and post it before a deadline. Do you like the sound of that?

That's assuming that we actually have 3 days of free time in our hands. Some posters (me) may not have as much free time as others due to other obligations (college, social life, job etc.). Will I still be allowed to join if I just made a super long post now and again?
0 0
Score : 5792
simo7mate|2011-09-16 08:13:14
prepare-to-die|2011-09-15 17:49:33
SilverAmphithere|2011-09-15 09:34:31
I don't think the problem is numbers. I'd say it's the frequency of posting.

Seconded.
Third. Im thinking maybe a post every 3 days. So we all spend 3 days working on a post and post it before a deadline. Do you like the sound of that?
What, so the entire thread goes like -> Plot Master posts something -> other posters post something in response?

Doesn't that make the entire thing kind of... static? You can't get very much movement that way if you can't respond to other players' actions easily.

Though to be true, a lot of the time it's because of people waiting for others to post, either to fill that gap in their ideas or because they're relevant to whatever side-issue the waiter wants to include in their post.

I don't know, I'm a sandbox fan, because truly, it's difficult to get a plot moving; DOFUS Club was the actual furthest that we'd ever gotten, if we don't count AWITD2, and both took a number of breaks; AWITD2 kind of petered off at the end too; Oamoka had to do cleanup for us.

But at the same time, sandboxes get /very/ /very/ convoluted when people are trying to enact different plots, or when there's miscommunications.
0 0
Score : 3262

I really liked DOFUS Club...

0 0
Score : 17

Capwi what do you think of this? I could do "GM posts" every 3-5 (or even 7 if that make things easier) days that moves time forth a week or 2. In this post I'd list the weather for the next week and incidents that may directly or indirectly affect the students, such as a new rule or a new teacher. Perhaps maybe the tofus have escaped from their cages and now causing havoc in the school halls. Then during that time frame, the posters are free to put in as many posts as they like. They can have their own sideplots etc, their own issues they may have between friends and teachers like classical detention.

When two characters or even three interact together, to make this easier we could have chat roleplaying where they post what their character did, then the person who responds would post how their character reacts and how the next character reacts to that. Then someone puts it together in a post. Although I have said I make the main plot, I don't want the outcomes to be set in stone, since after all every person makes a different the affects the ultimate future. I could even base the new school rules etc upon recent incidents when students caused mayhem wink

@Jon-E-Jay

Sure, if I do my new idea of moving time every 3-5 or maybe 7 days it won't matter if you miss one week. You can easily catch up with a big post, or even do fast chat roleplays so someone else can post their interactions with your character.

And just to clarrify, I think it was Suzen (Prepare to die) and Caplok that I got my idea from interpreting chatrole play into the forum roleplay to make things easier when interacting with a character you do not control. I therefore thank them smile 

0 0
Score : 5232

What I dislike is that whenever I create an RP, I set it up for a Dan Brown style twist but it always dies too early sad

Also, I'm planning on starting an RP¨, anyone got an idea (however small, however big). I'm currently thinking of something but having someone jumpstart my thinking process would sure help

0 0

x days per post = no.

Just no.

You will reach nothing by forcing people to post when they do not have time or not allowing them when they do. All you get is people quitting the RP because their lack of time or writing small, meaningless posts all the time.

0 0

Most seem to ask people to be active daily... :3

But Suzen read my last post, either then forcing people to post I just move time slowly and they can catch up if they fall behind.

0 0
Score : 3634

My issues with my posts are personal not time based....So I kinda have that excuse.

I hate that I have to be so damn handicapped. Its just a freaking rp forum...ugg. I feel so dumb...i

0 0
simo7mate|2011-09-18 01:24:46
Most seem to ask people to be active daily... :3

But Suzen read my last post, either then forcing people to post I just move time slowly and they can catch up if they fall behind.
Exactly. You are setting a standard, and you force people to post. If they don't, you will rather than kick them out, make the entire RP suffer by slowing down time. It's really something you should never, ever, ever do, imho.
0 0

I see your point but what then, do you suggest? There needs to be some sort of expectation from those who want to be a part of it. What's the point in it if there's only one post a month, if the story doesn't move along or anything of such, due to one person who doesn't post? In DA revamped people won't be required to make huge posts, but they are welcomed to do so if desired. The whole idea of moving time every something days is to keep the story moving, and allow people to post as much and as big as they want in that period of time, to move along with their own sideplots, while still paying attention to the main events and how it affects them. To develop their relationships with other characters that is a lot harder to do in big posts. If I want to allow people that sort of freedom then I need to set some sort of standards.

I don't mind at all if people miss one week. Not a hell of a lot will happen in one week, they can easily catch up. And if necessary I can postpone the RP for one week occasional, which worse things happen to all the other RPs which DONT set any standards so I dont get what you mean by "_Exactly. You are setting a standard, and you force people to post. If they don't, you will rather than kick them out, make the entire RP suffer by slowing down time. It's really something you should never, ever, ever do, imho. " In that case, people don't post for months and the RP suffers even more. In that case, as I have noticed it goes week on end before the RP moves along, thus the RP is suffering anyway.

0 0
Score : 5792

Heck, it can't hurt to try, I guess.

0 0
Score : 636

I've returned, but please do NOT ask what happened to my old account. I lost it.

0 0

Silly daxty :V

0 0

Daxty, you tried contacting support?

Also I finally got round to creating my RP smile 

0 0
Score : 636

I have and after about a month of waiting I gave up.

0 0
Score : 3456

So I want to join this roleplay Place.
Is it like the same as everywhere els? xD

*Feels like a big noob now*
;D

0 0

Not entirely....I mean hell we are the originators of "SBTF" So...Kinda wacky group of RP'ers.

I think just about everyone but me has the ability to write a book or draw awesome artwork I am just the chick who adds insanity to everything XD

Though I am probably just being a downer on myself XD

0 0
variarria|2011-09-27 12:28:00
Though I am probably just being a downer on myself XD
Yes, you are.

@Sywe Lookin' forwards to seeing you RP
0 0
Respond to this thread