FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Seriane Kerm (The Mercenaries)

By SrillSilverpine December 17, 2006, 18:34:38

All Im hearing on this are rumors and such, that its on the beta server , that they have wooden wings, that they can work for ether side Bont or Brak. but Im not hear much on Time, when people are going to be able to become a Merc. Where in town should i go to see if its but? Ect. i would Truly Enjoy some really information.

0 0
Reactions 38
Score : 11367

The Mercenary alignment is a roleplaying alignment (mistakenly called Seriane-Kerm, after the Jiva guild which has the alignment). Running the alignment requires several dedicated GMs (since, again, it is a roleplaying alignment - you don't get quests from NPCs, you get them from other players, and only GMs with special powers can raise your rank). This also requires that there be a dedicated group of roleplayers on the server, which Rushu does not yet have.

When you have this alignment, you must roleplay all encounters with other players. While the game code will allow you to attack anyone of any alignment, if you are discovered to have done so without a contract, you will lose rank or even be booted from the alignment (because Mercenaries aren't supposed to work for free, so you can't just go around attacking anyone you want). Being attacked by a Bonta or Brakmarian has no such penalties for them - they can attack you all they want, with no worries about getting disgrace points and no Knight to help you (since you're not Neutral)

There are also no headhunter quests for Mercenaries (other than the ones roleplayed out, and they award no Strokens for completion). They also cannot hold territory (so they can't place or attack prisms, and get no benefit from prisms already placed), and have no Orders corresponding to the Heart/Eye/Spirit Orders of Bonta and Brakmar (so no alignment bonuses).

In short, it's for players who want the roleplaying, not stat bonuses.

For more information, check out the Official Seriane-Kerm Thread.

Edit: Updating, because this was way out of date and extremely inaccurate, especially about the name of the alignment.

0 0
Score : 51

So are they going to bring the Serienne to Rushu (or another server), or just make a whole new server?

I thought it was going to be on a new server because of the role-playing pole on the front page.

0 0
Score : 231

hell id be a role playing i love rpg's alot

0 0
Score : 1471

Thats true when i roleplay some people attack me saying i am doing fool stuff.

0 0
Score : 668

Was Jiva ever open publically, or must you be invited there?
I read something about a test server, as well.

I hope they bring it to all servers.
I'd REALLY like to be a Mercenary.

0 0
Score : 11367

Jiva is the original French server and is technically open to anyone. (I say "technically" because it's so crowded that making a new character there is difficult). I have a character on there myself, though he's relatively low-level becuase I don't play there much.

The Test Server is entirely different. Check the Test Server subforum for details.

And, again, bringing it to all servers requires at least two GMs per server just to run the alignment (not including GMs for other events), as well as a strong roleplaying base among the players, and Rushu has neither.

0 0
Score : 2

being a merc sounds fun tongue.hope it does come to rushu and the wings look sexy tongue

0 0
Score : 5166

I hope it never comes to Rushu.

It's just another excuse for the Rushu crowd to change their characters.

0 0
Score : 55
Citation
LecterLives :

Just curious. But why are you so against people changing their characters?
0 0
Score : 2

Hi,
Does seriane Kerm exist in Alma???
I've been looking for someone who could answer the question inside, but no one talked.
My player in Alma isn't very good just a lvl 15 because I've been playing in Amayiro.

bye, next time we could talk in French or even in Spanish if you prefer!!

0 0
Score : 5166
Citation
Artintold :
Citation
LecterLives :

Basically because it shows a lack of conviction and the ability to finish anything. People tend to change their characters when it becomes "too hard" and not for any real reason.
0 0
Score : 545
Citation
LecterLives :
Citation
Artintold :
Citation
LecterLives :

Basically because it shows a lack of conviction and the ability to finish anything. People tend to change their characters when it becomes "too hard" and not for any real reason.

but thats no reason not to want some thing to be changed in the game plus i'd enjoy being a merc and its also human nature to get bored and maybe instead of "getting bored" with their character they just changed because they saw a spell they realy like and its not a "lack of conviction" just a personal change and a change of pace
0 0
Score : 193

I would love to have seriane on Rushu.
This woman looooves rolleplaying ^^i would rolleplay anything, anywhere at anytime

0 0
Score : 8193

I feel strongly, that it'll come to Shika.
(Incarnam chat is a strong tool.)

I myself - am doing my best to promote it, (by offering rewards and the such).

• Cato
0 0
Score : 428
Citation
TAKESHI-MATSU :
Hi,
Does seriane Kerm exist in Alma???
I've been looking for someone who could answer the question inside, but no one talked.
My player in Alma isn't very good just a lvl 15 because I've been playing in Amayiro.

bye, next time we could talk in French or even in Spanish if you prefer!!

It doesn not exist in Alma or any server except Jiva. There are no current plans on implementing it in other servers as far as I know. The problem is the huge amount of coordination a role-playing alignment needs. Most people in Rushu do not roleplay, and the same for Alma, where I have played over a month already.
0 0
Score : 34

I think it sounds great... if someone is having problems with a player of the same alignment they can get a merc 2 take them out. he he. i would love to be a merc assassin....... mmmm... i would need new clothes tho, 2 look the part.

0 0
Score : 6

im ready for roleplaying side of dofus >.<
just say when will u get us merc class on rosal

0 0
Score : 482

I would really, REALLY love to be part of something like Seriane Kern, but the problem is, Jiva is French server.

So, my question is, would it be considered "okay" if an english speaking person went to play on Jiva?

I don't understand French at all, and was wondering how big of a problem would it be.

EDIT: Also, could somebody tell me what kind of assignments do people give to SK?

0 0
Score : 2145

the bad thing is there isnt enough gms, when an event happens its usually just one world. I don't thing the french people really like outsiders. and i think when an event happens it should be more than 2 or 3 gm and in more than just 1 map, i hate to see the same thing that happen in the beach where a tournament was held, it was 200 people, more?

0 0