Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Seriane Kerm (The Mercenaries)

By SrillSilverpine December 17, 2006, 18:34:38
Reactions 38
Score : 4426
Citation
Lawlbringer :
I would really, REALLY love to be part of something like Seriane Kern, but the problem is, Jiva is French server.

So, my question is, would it be considered "okay" if an english speaking person went to play on Jiva?

I don't understand French at all, and was wondering how big of a problem would it be.

You would be playing a very unusual role if no one could understand you.

It seems to me that the small number of role-players in Dofus is because the Seriane Kerm aren't available to guide the development of characters with roles to play.

And to Lector's argument about people switching characters when it gets too hard: isn't that appropriate, given that it's a game, and that the point of games is to have fun? Let them switch if it makes them happy. Sticking with unhappiness makes no sense in the context.
0 0
Score : 2

i think everyone is very excited about the rp

0 0
Score : 75

Agreed. The exiliration for change within the game would be met with an overhwleming populace who desire a change within the normal routine. There will be the occasional person who will oppose it but the overall will cause a return in intrest in the game for alot of subscribers.

0 0
Score : 9725

Those who argue that the Mercenaries should be added to the server to start roleplay don't seem to understand how it works. The Mercenaries were originally created by roleplaying players who developed a clan that was so strong and vibrant that Ankama gave them an in-game mechanic to assist their roleplay. This is how the Mercenary alignment has been developed across several French servers (I know Djaul has them, and I think Maimane as well) - guilds of strong roleplayers form the alignment, then are acknowledged by Ankama.

Mercenary clans are a result of player's roleplay, not the other way around. By the way, I've talked to some French players about this, and Seriane Kerm isn't the name of the clans on all the servers, each Merc clan has their own name on each server. It does take some time and dedication, though, which is really a good thing. People who are willing to work hard for something get rewarded. Isn't that what everyone likes? smile

0 0
Score : 169

hey im role playing too and i have a request:EXTEND THE ORGANISATION ON THE NON-FRENCH SERVERS!!! xD.i wanna join im active 4 hrs per day.

0 0
Score : 3123
KiochseNoBlood|2009-04-13 09:15:00
hey im role playing too and i have a request:EXTEND THE ORGANISATION ON THE NON-FRENCH SERVERS!!!

I salute that! (Solaran, if you want to know)
0 0
Score : 1154

SK on Rushu would be awesome. Why are there so few GMs? and even if there are quite a few, why arent there enough who are dedicated enough to help out with something that could drastically increase the number of people who play, thus increasing the money the Ankama makes? tongue Just one thing, there should be a lvl minimum for joining, otherwise, since it is based in astrub, u may get tons of low lvls and SK would not attract many higher lvl players.

0 0
Score : 51

If they'd take it to Rushu i'd be greatfull^^'.

0 0
Score : 763

This is how the Mercenary alignment works: It's like you're stuck on the headhunters quest all the time. The main difference is that you can't attack anyone other than those you are assigned to fight by your superiors, members of both alignments can hunt you, you don't get strokens for victory, and you can't get prism bonuses, capture villages, or participate in alignment quests.

0 0
Score : 1154

Well, thanks for bursting my bubble. sad

0 0
Score : 3204

Yes, the Rank 10 Wings are in SKs Recruitment Thread. I hope to have those wings...

0 0
Score : 6693

If you guys, want this Aligment, then we'll need to first create a role play guild. That was how Serine Kerm, first came about, it was originaly a roleplay guild xD. Im thinking I will make my "Holy Guild" Into role play =D "The Chosen Guys" xD

0 0
Score : 4

The Seriane Kerm are mercenaries on Jiva, a french servor.
You can begin an official mercenarie, but to the begining you have to make a clan and respect the rules.

Cordially,
Mothership, French player on Hyrkul.

0 0
Score : 191

The Mercenaries clan just opened on Alma server (spanish). And yes it has to be 100% role-play.

0 0
Score : 21976
BebopX|2009-10-23 00:12:00
The Mercenaries clan just opened on Alma server (spanish). And yes it has to be 100% role-play.

Thanks for sharing that, BebopX,

Applying to enrole in said alignment (without being able to make a character on the sever firstly) may be improved, if one uses the Seriane Kerm website(s), (too allow the chance to be "invited by a godfather") just to get the word out.

Also, if you do get invited to the server/already have a character on one of the servers-

try: /selection on, and you be able to copy-paste the text into a translator -- for your superior's request of a mission.

Hope it improves your chances, gang. =)
0 0
Score : 618

If anyone of you love RPing like you say you do and you truly mean it, then please visit the Spitting Bwork Tavern and start posting... We're always looking to add to our friendly community of RPer's (I'm a new member in that forum myself and I LOVE IT!!! hahaha). But i want the RP alignment on all servers because I hate PvP and I only became a Bonta cuz well it's better than neutral, no? I never truly PvP (bores me to tears), however if someone challenges me i'll accept and even if i win i'm usually still bored like i said. Group PvM and RP is my deal smile If you can't tell by these comments, I'm a strong opponent of the Headhunter quests.... EWW!!!

0 0
[GM]Shashel|2009-08-26 05:32:00

This is how the Mercenary alignment works: It's like you're stuck on the headhunters quest all the time. The main difference is that you can't attack anyone other than those you are assigned to fight by your superiors, members of both alignments can hunt you, you don't get strokens for victory, and you can't get prism bonuses, capture villages, or participate in alignment quests.

So it's just a big long headhunter chain? well boo. I hate headhunter sad
0 0

sorry for triple posting but i'd also like to mention that Seriane's can't access the Pandalas

0 0
Score : 3123

You mean the four cities of the elements? And hi, Totoben!

0 0