FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The DOFUS movie: the official release date!

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - June 10, 2014, 17:30:00
Announcements

There we are, it is now official: we have THE release date for the feature-length animated DOFUS movie in the French movie theaters! Drum roll, piwi flock, confetti explosion, jugglers and bards: reveal the date right now, as well as an exclusive picture from the movie, by reading on!DOFUS – Book I: Julith will be out in theaters on February 3, 2016, in France!
For our international friends, your wait may be longer, but we are also searching for distribution partners for countries around the world.

Yes, right, we know, we said 2015... Come on, it's not even two months late. Besides, we're making up for it in quality, that's for sure! As a proof, here is a picture taken from the movie:

The project is taking more time than planned, but we're making sure to offer something new, bigger and more awesome than any animated project we may have created up until today. So, is it far from now? Yeah, it is, and we understand your frustration. But trust us that it will be well worth the wait!

The pre-production phase is over. The production is under way!
As soon as we can, we will inform you on the project and share with you some secrets and other teasers...

In the meantime, we hope to see all of you in the theaters, starting February 3, 2016 in France!

First Ankama intervention

At this time, we can't announce any plans for the international communities, but if that changes, we will inform you as quickly as possible.

See message in context
Reactions 42
Score : 45

*-* I love you guys.
Looks amazing

0 0
Score : 1365

will this also be viewable in the netherlands?

0 0
Score : 20

Nicenice.

0 0

At this time, we can't announce any plans for the international communities, but if that changes, we will inform you as quickly as possible.

Score : 4474

That setting wub I'm a sucker for beautiful shades of blue....

And Book 1? Does that mean there will be a few sequels?

0 0
Score : 2120

Why is it so difficult for a company to release something in two different languages at the same time?

0 0
Score : 5261

I would say the Translation part is the major thing there

0 0
Score : 15678

Very impressive still!

The art style reminds me of Hayao Miyazaki films! 

0 0
Score : 920

Julith will do the thing in 2016, pretty good biggrin

0 0
Score : 2287

That picture is from avatar korra tongue Looking forward to it!

I mean the Dofus movie tonguePP

0 0
Score : 162

Well, something to look forward to in 2015. I wish you all the best, and am especially looking forward to an dvd or blu-ray version with English subtitles soon after!

0 0
Score : 1225

you will definitely see me, if it is released in theaters in North America! ;-)

0 0
MrFlamez|2014-06-10 19:55:02
Why is it so difficult for a company to release something in two different languages at the same time?

Even though DOFUS is a well-known property in France, it is less well-known around the world. This makes distribution companies (who want to release highly popular movies so they can make maximum profits from the films they distribute) less likely to partner with an (relatively) unknown property like the DOFUS movie. And partnering directly with individual theaters is extremely costly and inefficient.

Take Studio Ghibli for example. It took years and many films for Miyazaki's films to receive widespread international distribution, even though now his films are seen across the world. He and Studio Ghibli had to build a reputation in these other countries, even though now he is widely regarded as one of the best animation directors of our era.

We hope that the rising popularity of the Wakfu series will help establish our reputation for animation in the English-speaking world and will make distributors more interested in our products (including the DOFUS movie), but at this time, things are still uncertain. This is why we cannot release international dates at this time, and we cannot confirm that the movie will be available in English.

Even if we were to kickstart a project to subtitle or dub the Dofus movie, due to distribution deals, we would not be able to release a DVD or Blu-Ray version of the movie simultaneously with its release in France, because this would hurt the profits of our partners and they may not want to do business with us for future projects (like a Wakfu movie).... And a Kickstarter project is a time-intensive task - we'd want to at least finish our current animation Kickstarter before attempting a second.

I hope that answers your question. =)
Score : 423

;O;
Me like!

0 0
Score : 15678

Take Studi Ghibli for example. It took years and many films for Miyazaki's films to receive widespread international distribution, even though now his films are seen across the world. He and Studio Ghibli had to build a reputation in these other countries, even though now he is widely regarded as one of the best animation directors of our era. We hope that the rising popularity of the Wakfu series will help establish our reputation for animation in the English-speaking world

Well it looks to me like the quality of the art is already on par with Miyazaki films so I think Ankama can do it!

Of course the other aspect of why Miyazaki films are so popular is because the storylines are wonderful. I'm sure the storyline in the Dofus movie will be great as well. smile 
0 0
Score : 375

This is very nice, I love it!
look at that quality and details tho

0 0
Score : 2287

I love all the small details and resemblance to the game!

0 0
Score : 5

nice guys

0 0
Score : 2

Looks like it got a title change.

A bit more than a couple months late: Click here
0 0
Respond to this thread