FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The DOFUS movie: the official release date!

By #[Nerodos] - ADMIN - June 10, 2014, 17:30:00
Announcements
Reactions 42
Score : 1301

Well to make a good animation movie, it of course has to be something people haven't seen before. Something unique and memorable. As I've been a huge fan of dofus and wakfu since i was a kid, I've seen a lot of things. Enough to know that dofus has the unique story, the fun meaningful childhood adventure theme that's stuck with me and i believe it will have the same effect on other people who have never seen dofus before. This is a great opportunity for dofus to get more deserved attention and i hope this brings more players and does well for the ankama team. I've seen all of wakfu and i loved it so i have high hopes. I hope more of the younger generation get to experience dofus the way i have and will always have a place in my inner child

0 0
Score : 2272

Please tell me Kerubim Crepin is still alive in this sad 

0 0
Score : 2994

Please tell me he's not any significant part of it....

0 0
Score : 719
Izmar|2014-06-11 09:49:19
MrFlamez|2014-06-10 19:55:02
Why is it so difficult for a company to release something in two different languages at the same time?

Even though DOFUS is a well-known property in France, it is less well-known around the world. This makes distribution companies (who want to release highly popular movies so they can make maximum profits from the films they distribute) less likely to partner with an (relatively) unknown property like the DOFUS movie. And partnering directly with individual theaters is extremely costly and inefficient.

Take Studio Ghibli for example. It took years and many films for Miyazaki's films to receive widespread international distribution, even though now his films are seen across the world. He and Studio Ghibli had to build a reputation in these other countries, even though now he is widely regarded as one of the best animation directors of our era.

We hope that the rising popularity of the Wakfu series will help establish our reputation for animation in the English-speaking world and will make distributors more interested in our products (including the DOFUS movie), but at this time, things are still uncertain. This is why we cannot release international dates at this time, and we cannot confirm that the movie will be available in English.

Even if we were to kickstart a project to subtitle or dub the Dofus movie, due to distribution deals, we would not be able to release a DVD or Blu-Ray version of the movie simultaneously with its release in France, because this would hurt the profits of our partners and they may not want to do business with us for future projects (like a Wakfu movie).... And a Kickstarter project is a time-intensive task - we'd want to at least finish our current animation Kickstarter before attempting a second.

I hope that answers your question. =)

Good job on releasing Wakfu anime at Netflix smile! Awesome commercial. Wouldn't it be a smart idea to promote your games at the ending of each episode though? I was pretty surprised that you didn't. Kids loves that kindoff stuff.
0 0
Score : 78

@nabz4ayman

I would say he is, he should even be in the Wakfu special episodes. We know Kerubim is the son of Ecaflip himself, like Goultard is the son of Iop, making them both demigods. It just seems that Kerubim ages, but is still probably immortal. He probably is just stuck with the yoda cat look.

0 0
Score : 106

I'll make sure to check this out, nice !

0 0
Score : 12

Will it come to Brazil? ;3;

0 0
Score : 2

but interesting in Ukraine will premiere

0 0
Score : 281

When will it be on dvd or bluray? I see some sites selling them but dont know if its real since it is not sold on official ankama website.

0 0

Please do not quote me on that, as I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the DVD/BluRay release of the movie is planned for the second half of June.

However, if I were you, I'd beware: please assume the movie will only be in French, with (maybe) French subtitles. I'll ask around to see if I'm wrong on that score, but I'd rather be wrong than you be sorry.

Score : 281

Thanks for your fast reply i appreciate it.

0 0
Score : 3485

Oh, I hope it at least has French subtitles. It's really hard to look words up in a dictionary when one doesn't know how they're written... And it can be very difficult to discern if the sounds are one word or two words or part of a word and so on. If it's possible, could you please request subtitles on our behalf? If not English, then at least French. Please? happy 

0 0

Well, sure I'll make that request on your behalf, no problem. Consider it done.

Thanks! wub

I was planning to buy the DVD, but my French is definitely too poor to understand the dialogues without any subtitles, and I don't think I'm the only one.

0 0
Score : 11336

I read some reviews and they make me giddy. Please don't let the company forget about us around the world. We all are waiting patiently for our chance to enjoy the film.

0 0

I swear I will do everything in my power to make it impossible for the DOFUS Movie team to forget about you guys.

Score : 11336
Nerodos|2016-04-05 16:03:56
I swear I will do everything in my power to make it impossible for the DOFUS Movie team to forget about you guys.
and that's why I swear my undying love to you right now lol.
1 0

That's sweet, but you should save such sentiments for when I have good news to report to you guys.

As of today, I have been told that there would be FR subtitles on the DVD/Bluray release of the DOFUS Movie.

EN subtitles are highly unlikely.

Thanks for reporting back speedily!

Though English subtitles would have been far superior, French subtitles are good enough for me. I'll just have to watch with a dictionary in one hand and the DVD remote control in the other and pause a lot on the first watch. laugh

If anyone else has the same idea, maybe we can team up and share a list of words that are good to know? A Dofus Movie Quick Vocabulary or something like that?

0 0
Score : 2613

*cough* time to make fan-subs *cough*

No english or non-french subs would be pretty disappointing and a little ridiculous. Then again, apparently the movie itself did very poorly, sales-wise, even in france, so that could be why.

0 0
Respond to this thread