By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofus 3 estimated release?

By AkiIsMyWife - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - April 29, 2017, 07:23:16

A really huge reason I'd love to play dofus 3 is because of the expected elimination of bots and a fresh start to dofus. I'm really excited for the game, but am wondering when the expected release will be? 2018? This summer maybe?

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 23

Hello smile nothing official yet, believe will have to wait and see for updates on its development. From what I can find development began in October and the plan was to have a demo/ detailed visual around this time will hopefully get something in the upcoming Gamakna this week. smile

1 0
Score : 505

They said release probably isn't expected until sometime around 2019

1 0
Score : 7633

... why do you think Dofus 3 wouldn't have bots? Bots are in every successful game, as long as the grey-market RMT companies running them think there's money to be made by exploiting lazy players. (I have to block a bunch of spambots every time I log into Marvel Heroes, for example. They get banned, they make more)

There may not be bots on day 1, but the only way there'll never be bots on Dofus 3 is if the game fails so hard out of the gate that the RMT companies don't have any interest in the game, and that wouldn't be a good thing, either.

0 -1
Score : 2618
Bigfoot1318|2017-05-01 23:35:50
They said release probably isn't expected until sometime around 2019
where did they say that?
0 0
Score : 35

@dragonfablie you'll have to look around because I'm not going through it all again but it was mostly on the french forums, you can read them with google chrome. Just search "Dofus 3" and you should pop up with some of the threads about it. It's also stated that it is a separate game so Dofus and Wakfu will continue to exist. Dofus 3 is not the actual name of the game and I believe recently they changed the project name.

They just said they weren't even sure when exactly it was going to release yet but probably 2019 or 2020. It definitely won't release next year unless it's pretty bad because they just started development end of last year/beginning of this year, I don't remember the exact date.

Dofus still has a long time after that and will continue after the new game opens, and tbh not many people have faith in Dofus 3 succeeding because the concept is way different. It's not going to be the same as Wakfu or Dofus except for the shared lore or monster ideas but probably not even that.

0 0
Score : 25621
Strategist1|2017-05-02 14:32:28
Dofus still has a long time after that and will continue after the new game opens, and tbh not many people have faith in Dofus 3 succeeding because the concept is way different. It's not going to be the same as Wakfu or Dofus except for the shared lore or monster ideas but probably not even that.
If it turns out to be similar to FF Tactics allowing us to use multiple characters and have linear storyline that can be played solo... Sign me up. FF Tactics is a phenomenal game, so if they use its concept, Dofus 3 could be a solid hit.
1 0
Score : 1784

More information can be found here, it's kind of like a generic MMORPG, just not 3D. I think they want to finish with the merging of servers first as well.

0 0
Score : 608

We need more openess from the devs.

this is what they told us in Gamakna:Crocop777: When can we expect a closed alpha/beta for DOFUS 3? You've said that you wanted to involve the community in the development of the game so that we could give our feedback as early on as possible.Tot: Well, that should be on the way very soon. We're still planning to present you with something in the coming months. To be completely honest, we've completely reworked the game loop and the general concept countless times. It won't be "DOFUS 3" but a completely separate project which will allow us to work with a port of DOFUS on Unity. Basically, we had the choice between making a nice but less ambitious game quickly, or take 3-4 years on it. We decided on that first solution. Be patient a little longer, and you'll know more very soon.
Show meeeeee Amakna!
Give us something more

0 0
Score : 6

And what happend? Dofus 3.0 will be in 2019? Anyone know?

0 0
Score : 3006

I can not imagine that. Not for 2020 either.

0 0
Respond to this thread